UBB.threads
Posted By: JonesCollectable 43 asw with reworked blade by coppel? - 02/11/2017 05:02 PM
Thanks for the add guys I have an account on here with s few hundred posts but don't have the email to log in etc and have not dropped by in a while if anyone can help find me again .
anyway back on subject here is a matching Horster with a very well done re shape the blade is 4mm shorter than reg. it also has a 42-44 wAa519 coppel waf.thanks for looking any help greatly appreciated

Attached picture IMG_1103 (1).JPG
Posted By: AndyB Re: 43 asw with reworked blade by coppel? - 02/11/2017 07:17 PM
Some of the Hoerster blades were in 1943 stamped with additional proof on blade, its probably not refurbishing,but could be the earlier blanks were reused in war period and its not possible to say where it was done, possible at work, the WaA519 is located to Solingen area, so minimum other 11 producers used this proof in 1943 not only Coppel. Hoerster used it too.b.r.Andy
Thanks AndyB any pics other than my example ? it is 4mm short . I will post better pics , Thanks for your help . I have a few matching for the database if you would like :-)
Posted By: AndyB Re: 43 asw with reworked blade by coppel? - 02/12/2017 11:39 AM
I dont have personally but on Arnauds page are some
http://k98.free.fr/43asw-3213u%20WaA518.html
There is always interesting to see some new items, best regards.Andy
Also seen in 1944 from this maker with the length looking to be normal, but it was not measured. Best Regards, Fred
Thanks for the info , here it is in comparrison to a full length Eickhorn .

Attached picture FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Attached picture FullSizeRender.jpg
Posted By: AndyB Re: 43 asw with reworked blade by coppel? - 02/24/2017 07:00 PM
Tip of blade was shortened postwar, is tempered no way in this condition would be accepted, there is no blueing on blade or was partly removed.b.r.Andy
Thanks Andy , i have to hand it to whoever did the work as its VERY well executed . the best way of describing the finish is an overly polished ks98 blank with as you say a small trace of bluing that surprisingly covers at least 2/3 of the blade the edge is also about half the thickness
of normal size and flattened off the same way so its not sharp !
regards
Will.
Posted By: AndyB Re: 43 asw with reworked blade by coppel? - 02/25/2017 08:52 AM
The rough mashining of blade typical for 43asw was partly polished with compare how looks the crossguard,so from that condition of blade could be say nothing unfortunally, how it looked by accepting.The blade was proofed by someone to sharpen probably as the grinding is visible, but as is too thick it was not realised to knife configuration luckily. The additional WaA519 is correct.b.r.Andy
© Your new forums