UBB.threads
Posted By: Claus Lindgreen Heer Dress Bajonet - 05/18/2015 12:20 PM
Hello,
I have a question concerning my new Dress Bajo, with inscription. Are there any history about when the former soldiers did get the inscriptions in their bajonets. I mean was it under the war, right after or was it 10-15 years after the war? I think it looks beautiful :o) Looking forward to hear your comments.
Regards Claus

Attached picture rsz_k98_1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_k98_2.jpg
Attached picture rsz_k98_3.jpg
Posted By: wotan Re: Heer Dress Bajonet - 05/18/2015 12:55 PM
Hello, the etching "In remembrance of my duty time" has nothing to do with the duty during war but these etchings were on walk-out-bayonets which were given after the duty time due to military draft before war. Therefore these are NOT postwar pieces.
Regards,
Posted By: Claus Lindgreen Re: Heer Dress Bajonet - 05/19/2015 08:02 AM
Hello Wotan, and thanks for your answer. Do You know anything about the different kind of etching. I have seen some with Swastika and some with tanks or with flights. Ofcause they tell their own story. But the one I have shown You, has "only" leaves on the blade. Do You know the meaning/story?
Regards
Posted By: wotan Re: Heer Dress Bajonet - 05/21/2015 08:56 PM
Hello, the kind of the blade etching (one or two sided, branch-feature and much more) did depend mainly on the budget of the buyer and what was available at these times. Naturally also the branch of the buyer was a matter. The details of the etching (even with or without swaz�) was matter of the artist who designed the etching template and the firm which did order it (some firms shared templates but some firms did have exclusive ones). Therefoe beside the branch there mainly is no special story behind any etching.
Regards,
Posted By: Claus Lindgreen Re: Heer Dress Bajonet - 05/22/2015 08:17 AM
Wotan.
Thanks for, always fulfilled answers. Have a nice day. :o)
© Your new forums