UBB.threads
Posted By: militarymania What kind of bayonet is this???? - 02/11/2014 08:50 PM
Found at an estate sale,,no markings/numbers of any kind to be found,,,bargain or bust???...thanks for all replies,,,Robert

Attached picture CB 1.jpg
Attached picture CB 2.jpg
Attached picture CB 3.jpg
Posted By: militarymania Re: What kind of bayonet is this???? - 02/11/2014 08:51 PM
next pics

Attached picture CB 4.jpg
Attached picture CB 6.jpg
Attached picture CB 7.jpg
Attached picture CB 8.jpg
Attached picture CB 9.jpg
Posted By: TKissinger Re: What kind of bayonet is this???? - 02/12/2014 04:25 PM
Robert

Its a type 44 Japanese bayonet. I'm not sure about the scabbard. The one pictured in Janzen's book doesn't show the ball on the end, but he states there are three variations.
Posted By: TKissinger Re: What kind of bayonet is this???? - 02/12/2014 07:40 PM
Robert

Boy was I wrong, a friend (Denny G. )of mine called me to say that I had misread the book.

You have a Japanese type 38 child or student trainers bayonet.
He was saying they are rare and the one he had was numbered.

I better stick to German bayonets blush

Sorry about the screw-up
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: What kind of bayonet is this???? - 02/12/2014 07:44 PM
Wow! I wish we had estate sales with stuff like this...
This is the Child's Type 38 Training Bayonet for the 7/8 scale Type 38 training rifle.
A rare and valuable bayo, regardless of what Ray says below.
Nice goin' Robert.

Attached picture img001 (Small).jpg
Posted By: militarymania Re: What kind of bayonet is this???? - 02/13/2014 02:02 PM
thanks for all the info guys,,,Denny-what would be a good price for this one on resale?,,,Thanks guys,,,Robert
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: What kind of bayonet is this???? - 02/14/2014 01:57 AM
Robert,

I haven't kept up on prices but can tell you that mine was in better condition than yours and I sold it for $550 - way back in 2007...

Hope that helps
Posted By: militarymania Re: What kind of bayonet is this???? - 02/14/2014 03:12 PM
WOW !!! Denny,,,I guess I FINALLY got a bargain,,,many thanks,,Robert
© Your new forums