UBB.threads
Posted By: JohnZ Etches by Paul Weyersberg- 1933 Shooting Prize - 07/12/2013 06:35 PM
Normally, when one sees an etched bayonet with the Paul Weyersberg TM, one should run away pretty fast, since they did not issue any remembrance type etched bayonets.

But, Paul Weyersberg did issue presentation items.

Here is a shooting prize dated 1933, with engraved hilt and crossguards as well as etches on both sides of the blade as well as the spine.

I say wow!

Attached picture Obverse.JPG
Attached picture Reverse.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Grip.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Etch.JPG
Attached picture Reverse Grip.JPG
Attached picture Reverse Etch.JPG
Attached picture Reverse Etch Mid.JPG
Attached picture Spine Etch Mid.JPG
Attached picture Spine Etch Rear.JPG
And, here is a 1934 dated presentation etch... the 'ugly bird' variety.

Enjoy these as much as I do,

John

Attached picture Obverse.JPG
Attached picture Reverse.JPG
Attached picture TM.JPG
Attached picture Spine Etch Rear.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Grip.JPG
Attached picture Reverse Grip.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Etch.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Etch Mid.JPG
Attached picture Reverse Etch.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Pommel.JPG
WOW! Those are FANTASTIC looking! Thanks.
John,

They really are fantastic looking items & oh so rare to boot. I think the quality on those blades is superlative. Congrats on having two!
Wonderful piece...pommel is incredible!
Posted By: ORPO Re: Etches by Paul Weyersberg- 1934 Mortar Company - 07/13/2013 02:21 PM
Simply outstanding Honor Bayonets. Thanks for showing them.
Doesn't everyone have one of those. grin

Nice bayonets John
I loved them for years and am glad John could add them to his collection.
Ron:

Many of my finest and rarest etches came from you. I am glad that I could finally come up with something that you could add to your collection as well.

John
Posted By: pvon Re: Etches by Paul Weyersberg- 1934 Mortar Company - 07/14/2013 09:54 PM
John

Just stunning pieces that must be breathtaking in person!

Thanks for sharing!

PVON
John,

Simply WOW! Pieces like that can make you loose train of thought and words. I enjoy seeing such pieces, it's a treat knowing things like that are still around. I'm happy some of us are able to keep such things in private hands and babysit them for the next generation.

I don't have many etched pieces. I have a triple etched sword that has a similar style spine, no TM. I have a bayonet that's triple etched that has a different pattern, more of a swirl style, yet again no TM. A bit earlier than the two you posted, simple plain crossguard and simple style eagle pommel like a police style bayo with stag grip. I posted it many years ago here, but to see the type you have is always outstanding to see. I would love to see some of your collection in hand. As well as many other guys here pieces. It's a shame more people don't see the beauty in things that are a past time in history.

Regards, Steve.
Normally, I don't let loose of some of my better edged weapons, but John had an HJ Leader by Eickhorn (very early type) that I had been lusting for for many years and it just seemed like we both could be happier with the other items.
I have been feeding John some of my exceptional bayonets for years and his collection deserves them. Just exceptional.
Wonderful pieces, congrats to both. I remember seeing the HJ Leader by Eickhorn at one of Paul's barbecues a few years ago. It was the take-down version I believe. At that time I had never heard of this variation.
Stephane:

I don't recall the HJ Leader at Paul's BBQ, but I do recall the minty Eickhorn takedown paratrooper knife (which, BTW, is now in my collection as well).

John
Hello John, maybe I'm confused. Too many beers and too many daggers at those parties.
© Your new forums