UBB.threads
Posted By: TimL A. Fischer Butcher Blade size white bayonet frog - 01/30/2013 08:55 AM
Hi guys,

I recently picked up this A. Fischer frog with bayonet. They appear untouched and look to have been together a long time. Is there any chance they were worn together during the TR? Is a blued police S98/05 bayonet the most commonly worn Seitengewehr with this size frog? Is this size any more or less common than the S84/98 size?

Thanks in advance

Attached picture Fischer frog 1.jpg
Attached picture Fischer frog 2.jpg
Attached picture Fischer frog 3.jpg
close-ups

Attached picture Fischer frog 5.jpg
Attached picture Fischer frog 6.jpg
It could be of "fuer Verkehrabteilung der Ordnungspolizei",so Traffic Police, certainly for a S98/05 bayonet.
This is the white parade dress frog for the Police and SS made by Adalbert Fischer. This frog is specifically for the S98/05 and not the KS98 that is in it. Fischer also made a similar white frog for the S84/98. The off duty KS98 was not worn in these white parade frogs.
Thanks guys, that's what I figured. Unfortunately it won't be easy to remove the bayonet, it's a tight fit.

Is this size any more or less common than the S84/98 size frog?
They are found in about the same numbers but logically the S98/05 frog would be more scarce.
Originally Posted By: ORPO
They are found in about the same numbers but logically the S98/05 frog would be more scarce.

Thanks ORPO.
Tim,
The frog may not be correct for your bayonet shown, but still a rare find nontheless. Congratulations on a great find.

Here is a shot of another 1937 Fischer frog with it's correct bayonet. This one a Weimar reworked, sawtooth removed, Police marked S98-05.

Attached picture 100_8069 (Medium).JPG
Here's my Fischer.

Attached picture Douche.JPG
Notice the difference in the size and stitching patterns of the two frogs. Billy's frog is the correct smaller size and style for the S84/98 or the Polizei Seitengewehr.
Originally Posted By: Denny Gaither
Tim,
The frog may not be correct for your bayonet shown, but still a rare find nontheless. Congratulations on a great find.

Here is a shot of another 1937 Fischer frog with it's correct bayonet. This one a Weimar reworked, sawtooth removed, Police marked S98-05.

Thanks Denny, I was pleased to find the frog. I'll post it again once I get an appropriate bayonet for it like yours.
© Your new forums