UBB.threads
Posted By: Waffenzujar82 German police stag grip K98 bayonet WKC - 01/02/2013 06:53 PM
Hello friends ...

Firstly happy new year to all, secondly I would like to ask you all for this German K98 bayonet police WKC stag grip, I would like to know what do you think about it (if it is 100% original and has something to be doubted ).
I also noticed the small hole just below the eagle, which can be?

This bayonet is klaus Butschek.

regards
Posted By: Billy G. Re: German police stag grip K98 bayonet WKC - 01/03/2013 01:06 AM
Hi,

Your police bayonet looks correct from the pictures. The hole underneath the grip eagle is consistent with the refitting done with these bayonets when the blade & grip plates were shortened & grips refitted with a 3R emblem replacing the Weimar star logo.

It should be noted that there are some modern fakes of this model bayonet with the WKC maker mark however it appears clear from the pictures that this is an original item. Are there any letters/numbers on the reverse crossguard & reverse scabbard top fitting?
Hello Billy G, thanks for your quick response.

To say that this has no markings bayonet nor has numbers. That is nothing but surprising to me, because I almost all police bayonets I see, has lettered numbering in the scabbard and the bayonet.
So if you have any of that, you think about this bayonet and still think it is original?

Best regards, Alex.
Posted By: Billy G. Re: German police stag grip K98 bayonet WKC - 01/03/2013 11:56 AM
Hi Alex,

I think the lack of numbers/letters doesn't indicate the bayonet itself is not original. Some bayonets were private purchased & since they were the property of the individual officer, they wouldn't have had an inventory number stamped into thtme. Also, some police owned bayonets had their numbers stamped over to be reissued while some others I've seen had the numbers ground off. Anything is possible I guess but looking at the pictures, the bayonet looks like a nice original.
OK, thanks for your kindness tiempoy. Now more committed... the question lol if your were I... bought this bayonet with confidence?
Posted By: ORPO Re: German police stag grip K98 bayonet WKC - 01/03/2013 03:51 PM
I agree with Billy that this bayonet is original.
Thank you for your opinion ORPO
© Your new forums