UBB.threads
Posted By: Johnny V. Seilheimer Dog Fire Bayos? - 02/25/2012 12:00 AM
Hello all,

I was hoping one of the bayo gurus could help me with a question. smile
Were fire bayos made with the Seilheimer dog logo?

Thank you!

Johnny
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Seilheimer Dog Fire Bayos? - 02/25/2012 01:56 AM
Hey John,

I've never seen a Seilheimer Feuerwehr bayonet with the dog logo or the sword logo for that matter. The PS initials inside a circle is the only Seilheimer logo I've observed on Feuerwehr bayonet. Did you by any chance see one?

Attached picture FW Paul Seilheimer.JPG
Posted By: Steven C Re: Seilheimer Dog Fire Bayos? - 02/25/2012 04:08 AM
Johnny. I have 27 listed I keep track of when I did. all army and only 1 fireman type. the TM I dont recall what one or type sorry.

steve,
Posted By: will jones Re: Seilheimer Dog Fire Bayos? - 02/26/2012 07:11 PM
Personally i've only seen the doggy on a long ks/98 , sorry I can't be of any more help , I'm STILL in search of the J.H.W.E. probable distributor mark FW explanation .
Regards
Will
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Seilheimer Dog Fire Bayos? - 02/26/2012 07:23 PM
Will,

A very scarce mark, I know of only a couple. The shame of it is I knew of one in England at the Treasure Bunker. It had been there for some time but I just checked & it's no longer there. Give them a shout, maybe they still have it.
http://www.treasurebunker.com/acatalog/Front_Line_News.html
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Seilheimer Dog Fire Bayos? - 02/26/2012 10:25 PM
I never even know about the mark until I was speaking with Ron Weinand about it. He sold me this one & I saw maybe 2 others over the years. As you said, most likely a distributor but no one knows for sure. Yet.

Attached picture FW JHWE.JPG
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: Seilheimer Dog Fire Bayos? - 03/03/2012 06:58 PM
Hello all,

Thank you for all of the wonderful input.
I am sorry for the late response, I was somehow accidentally logged out of GDC and could not get back in� smile

Anyway, no, I have not seen a dog mark on a fire bayo, but did find a nice stag gripped dress bayo with the dog mark at the SOS, which I purchased.
I am on a bit of a "hunt" for that dog mark, so I had hoped that a fire bayo version existed.

In any case, thank you so much for all of the help!

All the best and good hunting,
Johnny
Posted By: will jones Re: Seilheimer Dog Fire Bayos? - 03/06/2012 06:52 PM
Hi Billy , Here is my example , it's the identity of the mark i'm in search of blush, also my apologies to johnny for the slight diversion in the thread !
Kindest
Will.

Attached picture DSCF0110 [640x480].JPG
Attached picture DSCF0114 [640x480].JPG
Posted By: will jones Re: Seilheimer Dog Fire Bayos? - 03/06/2012 06:53 PM
As you can see , poor condition , but the mark keeps it in my collection !!
© Your new forums