UBB.threads
Posted By: Landser Pack pioneer bayo - 02/22/2012 11:23 AM
Gent`s

I picked this up a couple of years ago when I went to look at some other stuff. It had been in the vet`s shed since the war and the exterior shows it!

When I pulled the blade it was covered in the old hardened grease and looked nothing special. when i cleaned it off with spirit i got a surprise because it is about as mint as you might expect one to be. Perfectly preserved by the scabbard and grease. I also got the rust off the hilt.

I figured one day I might try a restoration, put it away and then forgot about it. looking at it again i don`t think I would bother and anyway it may be better left as is.

What do you think...still a collectable as it is or maybe just good for someone who wants to switch a rough blade and grip plates? The frog is still very good!

Maybe someone would appreciate it like it is???

I might decide to move it on. I probably paid too much for it but any rough guide as to what would be a fair deal for someone on this would also be appreciated?

Thanks!

Attached picture 01.JPG
Attached picture 02.JPG
Attached picture 03.JPG
Attached picture 04.JPG
Attached picture 05.JPG
Posted By: Landser Re: Pack pioneer bayo - 02/22/2012 11:24 AM
more

Attached picture 06.JPG
Attached picture 07.JPG
Attached picture 08.JPG
Posted By: Landser Re: Pack pioneer bayo - 02/22/2012 11:25 AM
+2

Attached picture 09.JPG
Attached picture 10.JPG
Attached picture 11.JPG
Posted By: will jones Re: Pack pioneer bayo - 02/22/2012 07:08 PM
Personally i'd leave it alone , but it is my personel opinion , blade is nice and it's from one of my favorite makers , frog is a beaut too !!!! PM me if you want to pass it on/trade for something ?
Kind Regards,
Will.
Posted By: jancz3rt Re: Pack pioneer bayo - 02/23/2012 07:50 PM
Hey, I think it looks great. What I really buy most is the blade and the fact this is a pioneer definitely helps. The blade is mint and probably as good as it gets. I would also leave it alone to tell its story and I am sure someone will buy it.

JAN :-D
Posted By: Landser Re: Pack pioneer bayo - 02/23/2012 08:22 PM
Thank you for your comments, yes i think better left as it is and probably too good to be used for the parts.

thanks again!

Cordially

Landser
Posted By: Ian Hayes Re: Pack pioneer bayo - 02/23/2012 10:19 PM
Nice bayonet, thanks for sharing, Ian.
© Your new forums