UBB.threads
Posted By: Hubertus FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 03:18 AM
The crest on the grip has the initials TLR under a royal crown with silver wreath attached. I have no knowledge what it says on the blade. Houston can probably tell us about the knot and the dedication. All help is appreciated in deciphering information on this blade. I have tried to get some close ups of the knot as it is a very strong additon to the bayonet. The reverse has the stamped eickhorn trade mark.
Thank you for looking.
Sincerely,
HUBERTUS

Attached picture 1.5.1.jpg
Posted By: Hubertus Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 03:21 AM
Photograph #2

Attached picture 1.5.3.jpg
Posted By: Hubertus Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 03:22 AM
Photograph #3

Attached picture 1.5.4.jpg
Posted By: Hubertus Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 03:24 AM
Photograph #4

Attached picture 1.5.5.jpg
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 03:34 AM
The crest--LIR-indicates Bavarian Infantry Regiment. The logo in the square is a retailer or identification of the person or firm that donated the bayonet. It is for the best shooting in the 4th company, Infantry Regiment 61. There is another one known similiar to this. Very scarce bayonet. The knot is for a "mounted" NCO-and is also seen on swords.
Posted By: Degens Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 03:51 AM
Hubertus,
You certainly have a knack for producing some of the more exotic pieces shown on these here forums. This is another stunning bayonet and is certainly new to me, but somehow I knew Houston would shed some light Smile. Can you tell me if the grip emblem is surface mounted or pinned, its a bit hard to tell from the photographs. Not only scarce but in choice condition as well, thanks for sharing and for expanding my knowledge base.
Posted By: TKissinger Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 03:52 AM
Ralph

Noooooo not another one of a kind. Thanks again for sharing your collection with us. I thought that Eickhorn TM was used 1935-41, which goes with the date on the blade.

TKissinger
Posted By: Hubertus Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 03:52 AM
Houston, Thank you for your generous information. That is tops.
Sincerely,
Ralph
Posted By: Bob Rodgers Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 04:11 AM
Even a non bayonet guy like me would be happy to own this !!!!

Congrats on finding such a great item and in perfect condition.
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 01:33 PM
Once more - a stunning example from Ralph's collection. Keep 'em coming Ralph Eek
Posted By: Ed Martin Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/06/2006 04:03 PM
Nice looking bayo would look great in anyones collection.Good info on it from Houston thanks Cool
Posted By: John C. Jacobi Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/07/2006 01:10 PM
I have a feeling Hubertus has lots more goodies stuck away that we have never seen before! Really appreciate you showing us this stuff!>>>>>>>>GREAT!!!!! Smile
Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP Re: FANCY PRESENTATION ETCHED BAYONET - 01/07/2006 07:46 PM
An exceptional bayonet!! With the Munich based 61st as part of the 7th Infantry Division later earning an excellent combat record in WW II. Very nice Smile Smile FP
© Your new forums