UBB.threads
Posted By: wotan SSVT-Troddel - 06/24/2006 07:32 PM
Dear fellow members. I recently got a very nice early photograph of an SSVT member. Whem I took a closer look to the troddel I recognized that I have never seen such on before. I obviously is a kind of early VT-troddel but no the known type. It seems to have the strap and colos like the known VT-troddel but the ball certainly different. Not the salt/pepper look but stipes like the NCO troddel ball.
Have you ever seen such a certain troddel in real or perhaps do you own such a troddel and might show it?
Thank you very much for each input!

Attached picture SS_Baj_001_Kopie.jpg
Posted By: wotan Re: SSVT-Troddel - 06/24/2006 07:33 PM
Detail:

Attached picture SS_Baj_001_Troddel_002.jpg
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: SSVT-Troddel - 06/25/2006 12:01 AM
Yes-I don't know the purpose-maybe low ranking NCO--probably discontinued-- but I have had two of them and I have seen another for a total of 3. The mint one I had is in color in Wittmann's SS book.---it is the one the left. The other one that I had -had three black stripes on each side on the strap instead of the normal two. Also--I believe these knots were also worn by the SS TV as well as the VT.

Attached picture P1010001.JPG_SS_Knots_1.jpg
Posted By: Robert H. Re: SSVT-Troddel - 06/25/2006 12:26 AM
From the right Troddel in Houstons picture are two different styles out. One dress version and the "Kammerstueck", the difference is the style of the black/white pattern on the acorn. For my knowledge worn from the VT/TV as Houston already mentioned.
Posted By: wotan Re: SSVT-Troddel - 06/25/2006 08:28 AM
Thank you very, very much for looking, answering and also showing. I did not remember of the one shown in TTW�s book. These seem to be rare birds.
Posted By: [email protected] Re: SSVT-Troddel - 06/26/2006 04:01 PM
SS Troddel

Thanks for showing the photograph of the SS Mann with the bayonet and Troddel. I have several of this style in my collection but not a lot of documentation as to who specifically wore them.

Richard Kuchta
Posted By: wotan Re: SSVT-Troddel - 07/01/2006 09:24 AM
[email protected], I have sent you "the" mail. Kind regards,
© Your new forums