UBB.threads
Posted By: Swordfish Police Bayo Knot..I Think - 08/16/2008 07:34 PM
Bayo guys, can you id this as a police bayo or police degen knot? Based on the length, about 17", I believe it's a bayo knot.

I have no idea where I got this. I think it came with a saber I bought some time back. I'm going to be getting rid of this thing and would like an aprox value if possible.

About 17" in length. Acorn in VG- shape. Slide present, overall 65-70% of silver/red sticthing present. Retail is what? About $55-65?

Thanks fellas,
T

Attached picture sv400105.JPG
Posted By: Swordfish Re: Police Bayo Knot..I Think - 08/16/2008 07:35 PM
next

Attached picture sv400104.JPG
Posted By: BarryG Re: Police Bayo Knot..I Think - 08/16/2008 08:57 PM
Swordfish, I'm sure it is a police knot. I think the larger ball were for swords, the smaller for bayonets, but I've seen them both ways to the point who knows? I have a large one on my degen and a small one on my Bayo.
Posted By: Swordfish Re: Police Bayo Knot..I Think - 08/16/2008 10:35 PM
Barry,
I'm sure it's a police knot also. But "knot" sure for which. It almost seems a bit on the short side for a degen portepee. That's why i'm inclined to say bayo. I've got varying sized Heer sabel portepee's, small knots, large knots, 3 strand, 2 strand, etc. etc. Clearly, this larger, 3 strander is shorter than all my other portepees of equal guage and acorn size. The piece was never reworked or shortened, as there is nothing to suggest it. I'm very familiar with all the varying Heer sabel knots and bayo knots, but not as far as police types go.

I'm going to list it for sale, but I just want to be sure i'm selling it for what it really is.

Thanks again for the input on it.
© Your new forums