UBB.threads
Posted By: Baz69 Help with identifying knot - 11/05/2017 11:02 AM
Does anybody know what type of knot this is and for what edged weapon it was supposed to be on. Sorry about the quality of the pictures.
Cheers
Gary

Attached picture Unknown Knot 1a.jpg
Attached picture Unknown Knot 1b.jpg
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Help with identifying knot - 11/05/2017 05:50 PM
Looks like a Preussen bayonet or sword knot. Early SS knots looked the same but with a black insert in the cat's anus.
Posted By: Barry Brown Re: Help with identifying knot - 11/05/2017 08:58 PM
Hi Gary
Possibly a Justice Official variant. Pic of one recently offered by Weitze, also pics of another variant I have.

Attached picture 179320.jpg
Attached picture 28042a.jpg
Attached picture 28042.jpg
Attached picture 28042b.jpg
Attached picture 28042d.jpg
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Help with identifying knot - 11/05/2017 09:15 PM
Thanks for both opinions, it's not a portepees that I had come across before, it certainly looks the same as the one Weitze offered, it looks as though both of them have there original tie as well, perhaps a few turned up though I haven't seen another apart from these two.
Cheers
Gary
Posted By: Mat J Re: Help with identifying knot - 01/02/2018 04:31 AM
I used to own a knot exactly like this years ago. It was a total impulse/younger collector/naive purchase off EBan. Do you notice how it has that "made yesterday" look? Well, that's because it was. I showed it to a fellow collector/retired dealer friend of mine and he gave me the bad news.

Total reproduction piece here. It sure is pretty, but alas it has no place on a 3rd Reich edged weapon. Sorry for the bad news/opinion. As always other opinions are certainly appreciated but I'm sure you'll get similar responses/opinions.

Best wishes,

Mat J
Posted By: stingray Re: Help with identifying knot - 01/03/2018 01:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Mat J
I used to own a knot exactly like this years ago. It was a total impulse/younger collector/naive purchase off EBan. Do you notice how it has that "made yesterday" look? Well, that's because it was. I showed it to a fellow collector/retired dealer friend of mine and he gave me the bad news.

Total reproduction piece here. It sure is pretty, but alas it has no place on a 3rd Reich edged weapon. Sorry for the bad news/opinion. As always other opinions are certainly appreciated but I'm sure you'll get similar responses/opinions.

Best wishes,

Mat J

Mat,i don't think you are correct.
Also Gary is the guy who knows what to buy and what doesn't
© Your new forums