UBB.threads
Posted By: diplo matt Sis sword hanger - 09/13/2015 09:28 AM
Hi does anyone know what the value of one of my recent finds is.thanks in advance.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: diplo matt Re: Sis sword hanger - 09/13/2015 09:50 AM
Hi slightly bigger photo ,playing to see how big I can post.

Posted By: ORPO Re: Sis sword hanger - 09/13/2015 05:59 PM
You have a sword hanger for a Police Officer Degen. I see these sell for around $100. - $150.
Posted By: diplo matt Re: Sis sword hanger - 09/13/2015 06:35 PM
Hi thanks orpo
Dippy
Posted By: mrfabulous Re: Sis sword hanger - 09/13/2015 10:43 PM
I`ve seen these for 500 and up
Had a gold and black one I sold for 1200.00
Wouldn't these go with the dress officers belt too??
Posted By: diplo matt Re: Sis sword hanger - 09/14/2015 06:33 AM
I was thinking if you can find them for $150 could you get me one as I have a few swords.
Thanks dippy
Posted By: wotan Re: Sis sword hanger - 09/14/2015 10:13 AM
I have seen this police hangers already for 700$ on dealer sites even in lower condition. They are scarce.
They are for parade purpose not for daily wear.
There are obviously also ones with black backing for the SS and some with gilted brocade (both backings) for general ranks, all these others very rare.
Regards,
Posted By: diplo matt Re: Ss sword hanger - 09/14/2015 06:14 PM
Here is another I own any idea on value of this one gents.sorry for the poor photo.thanks Wotan .
Dippy

Posted By: diplo matt Re: Ss sword hanger - 09/14/2015 06:17 PM
Any input welcome please show any others.
Dippy

Posted By: ORPO Re: Ss sword hanger - 09/14/2015 06:45 PM
The single black leather strap with bullion facing is for the SS Officer Degen. I sold one of these at SOS for $800.

I hope this is helpful.
Posted By: diplo matt Re: Ss sword hanger - 09/14/2015 09:10 PM
Hi thanks Orpo great info.
Dippy
Posted By: Grumpy Re: Ss sword hanger - 09/14/2015 11:32 PM
interesting posts by knowledgeable collectors. The teardrop hanger is sometimes advertised as a Waffen-SS, Police and/or army hanger. Many knowledgeable collectors attribute them to the police only. They do tend to be pricey, based on the ones I have seen advertised on dealers' sites, but dealer prices usually are higher than those of private individuals. Most dealers are willing to negotiate on prices, but, usually, not a great deal. These hangers usually list for several hundred dollars. I think Johnson currently has one. The long SS brocade strap is also somewhat scarce and usually brings in the upper range of several hundred dollars. I have seen them advertised for a thousand dollars and a bit more in "new-like" condition. As with any collectible, condition is very important and that should determine the desirability and the price, to a degree.
© Your new forums