UBB.threads
Posted By: Paul HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/26/2013 08:08 AM
Gentlemen
I have been fortunate to acquire an unusual period belt loop which I believe was used exclusively for the HJ Leader dagger and I suspect the RLB 2nd pattern Leaders dagger-would you be kind enough to confirm my suspicions? As I have been unable to find any other examples for sale, what would be your estimate as to value?
Many Thanks
paul

Attached picture hj loop2.jpg
Attached picture HJ Loop 1.jpg
Posted By: Barry Brown Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/26/2013 09:58 AM
A very nice pick up, Paul. Have seen these loops with HJL and RLB rigs, but a very rare to find item either with complete rigs or by themselves. See attached for a complete HJL rig as approved by RZM/MPA (materials acceptance dept.tags still insitu.)
As to value of the loop, I would only be guessing at $500.00 usd as they are rarely offered/traded. Anyway, my congrats on your find of a very rare accoutrement in super condition.

Attached picture Resize of Rotation of 2009-06-14 061.JPG
Attached picture Resize of Rotation of 2009-06-14 064.JPG
Attached picture Resize of Rotation of 2009-06-14 065.JPG
Attached picture Resize of Rotation of 2009-06-14 066.JPG
Posted By: Paul Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/26/2013 10:57 AM
Top trumped yet again!!
Outstanding Barry!!!
Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/27/2013 09:22 PM
They arenīt as rare as thought grin .

Paul, these hangers with the big leather loop were (mostly? only?) worn by RLB with the early first model dagger - but obviously were continued to be worn after the switch to the 2nd model with this dagger although the hardware does not fit the 2nd model hanger.
The HYouth leader dagger belt loop has a smaller leather loop.

Regards,

Attached picture 1.JPG
Posted By: Barry Brown Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/28/2013 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Paul
Gentlemen
As I have been unable to find any other examples for sale, what would be your estimate as to value?
Many Thanks
paul

Paul, now you have a second opinion - they are not that rare; so I'm prepared to give you a fiver for it when we next meet up at Chatham Dockyard, lol.
Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/28/2013 06:11 PM
Barry Brown, "They arenīt as rare as thought grin" - as you can see the smily, I did mean that totally ironical.
IF such a belt loop is ever offered (I have seen this only very few times) they go for 500-750 EUR(!). I am aware of one (the wider RLB Model) currently offered for 750 USD.
But donīt look for them, you nearly never will find them if you look for. Especially spare ones. Normally they are attached at certain hangers.
As said, the one shown by Paul is one for the RLBleader first model. Naturally as rare as the HJleader.

BTW your mint set is a real hammer. As far as I remember it was offered at last by TMJ, together with a leader dagger in a custom wooden box. Do you still have the dagger? For sure a pleasure to see.

Regards,
Posted By: Barry Brown Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/28/2013 06:51 PM
Wotan; just some English humour, Paul will know I am only kidding, I would really give him a tenner for it. Yes, part of the set marketed by JRB a few years back. an opportunity and I had to have it. It was originally in Skipper Greenwade's collection and he craftsman made the custom case to house the set.

Attached picture Resize of 2009-06-14 067.JPG
Attached picture Resize of 2009-06-14 062.JPG
Attached picture Resize of 2009-06-14 063.JPG
Attached picture Resize of 2009-06-14 068.JPG
Attached picture 25538-open%20case.jpg
Attached picture 25538-case.jpg
Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/28/2013 08:22 PM
I remember this grouping very well. After having seen it at JMR I told J. several days later at a show that I would like to buy it but he told me that it is already sold...
It took me years to get a near to equal set -naturally without the tags which makes your set unique and special desirable- . Thank you for showing, regards,
Posted By: Paul Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/28/2013 11:16 PM
Wotan, your in depth knowledge, even of items so seemingly at first glance as trivial as this is unrivalled -and priceless-thank you.
And Barry, add a cup of coffee and a bacon roll to the tenner and I could be tempted...........
Paul
Posted By: Baz69 Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/29/2013 05:39 PM
Paul

Fantastic score

Never seen one offered

If we are making offers then I'd like to bid a tenner, bacon roll(sauce optional and included) and 2 cups of coffee, sugar included if desired.

I doubt that bid is going to be bettered.

Gary
Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/29/2013 06:55 PM
Baz69, I hope you would make a better offer for this complete grouping wink grin wink
Regards,

Attached picture 4a.JPG
Attached picture 9a.JPG
Posted By: Baz69 Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/29/2013 07:17 PM
I'm willing to add another bacon roll for that rig, my god, fantastic, it's like being in a dream.

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful set.

Gary
Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 06/29/2013 07:31 PM
Bacon roll is ok, I will think it over wink.
This marked RLB Koppel is very rare and early.
Regards,
Posted By: Paul Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 07/01/2013 02:25 PM
Gary, match your bacon roll and raise you a hog roast!!
what an amazingly conditioned and rare artifact.
P
Posted By: Billy G. Re: HJ Leader Belt Loop - 07/03/2013 12:12 AM
Gentlemen,

Some really stellar accouterments here, so rarely seen in any condition & a treat for the eyes?
© Your new forums