UBB.threads
Posted By: Oleg67 Wehrmacht portepee, opinions needed. - 10/14/2012 05:33 PM
Hello gents.
I need you opinions about this portepee. An acorn of the portepee looks not bad to me. But a slide and a stem looks not good in my opinion. Through the web of the stem and slide you can see the wood of the stem and slide. What are your opinions about the portepee? Whereas in addition, the web of the stem and slide looks to new for me.
Many thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Oleg.

Attached picture 057 030.jpg
Attached picture 057 031.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2497.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2500.jpg
Posted By: Oleg67 Re: Wehrmacht portepee, opinions needed. - 10/14/2012 05:34 PM
Some one pic.

Attached picture IMG_2492 - Kopie.jpg
Posted By: Oleg67 Re: Wehrmacht portepee, opinions needed. - 10/14/2012 05:40 PM
The web of the stems of the portepees of the daggers from my collection looks quite different.
Here is a picture of some portepees of my collection for example

KR, Oleg.

Attached picture IMG_0006.JPG
Posted By: wotan Re: Wehrmacht portepee, opinions needed. - 10/14/2012 11:00 PM
Oleg67, I have already seen some eaqual portepees with this sloppy weaving and I have had no cause to question originality on these. But I see that the weaving of stem and slide of yours is differing which I personally have not seen bevore and might lead to thoughts that the slide could be a replacement.
Generally I could observe that weaving on portepees can vary as much as the format of the acorns.....
Just my thoughts,regards,
Posted By: Oleg67 Re: Wehrmacht portepee, opinions needed. - 10/15/2012 09:57 AM
Hello Wotan.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards, Oleg.
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Wehrmacht portepee, opinions needed. - 10/15/2012 04:26 PM
Many variations. If this one passes the glow test on the cord and the ball I think it's fine.
Did you notice the weave is slightly different on the slide?
Posted By: Oleg67 Re: Wehrmacht portepee, opinions needed. - 10/15/2012 04:43 PM
Thank you very much, Paul.
Yes, I did. I noticed the difference.
Best regards,
Oleg.
© Your new forums