UBB.threads
Posted By: wotan ONLY accouterments - 04/15/2006 12:23 PM
F.l.t.r.: EM - General Sevice, NCO - General Service and EM - Stand By Service.
And, believe me, there are hewers with them too Wink.

Attached picture TN-UF_KSch_u_Tr.jpg
Posted By: wotan Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/20/2006 08:04 PM
Here are shown three, I think scarce hangers (for TN-hewers) with rare troddels.
The hangers are all in near mint condition, no one has a broken leather loop (although it cannot be seen in the scan, you can believe me).
35 views up to now and not a single comment, no question..........
Posted By: RAD Mann Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/21/2006 04:16 PM
Hi Wotan Those are some great accouterments and some rather hard to find in such nice condition.I think the reason there are no comments is because there are no SS runes on these. Big Grin Big Grin I think it's near impossible to top a fully dressed TENO Hewer. Wink
Posted By: Vern Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/21/2006 04:30 PM
Here's one with a couple of questions... The hanger on the Hewer is sewn in place. The second hanger doesn't have the leather flap over the clip and I can't find any indication that it was ever there. Anyone seen this type before?

Attached picture Teno-EM.jpg
Posted By: wotan Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/21/2006 04:30 PM
RAD Mann, you could be right, concerning the runes, but, hey, I think to remember that the elite guard took over the TN or at least TN-man during war Big Grin .....
Vern, nice complete hewer. I did not dare to post mine in the accouterment section Wink. Is yours a general service (green) or technical service (blue) NCO troddel?
Posted By: RAD Mann Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/21/2006 04:49 PM
Great Dagger Vern!!! Waton I believe the TENO boys did spend alot of time on the line with the SS. Eek Eek Wink
Posted By: Vern Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/21/2006 04:51 PM
It's blue for Technical Service. And to show the hanger, I have to show the dagger. The hanger doesn't come off Wink
Posted By: RAD Mann Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/21/2006 05:42 PM
Vern,I do remember several years ago I saw a TN with a hanger with no clip instead it had a flap of leather through the scabbard and then sewn down.I just assumed it was a post war repair.Hummmm maybe I missed a rare piece Roll Eyes
Posted By: Loggy Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/21/2006 05:49 PM
Wotan, outstanding! 3 to go eh? Wink

Vern, that knot looks a wee bit off, I'd compare it to others and make note of the differences.

Tim ---->>>
Posted By: Vern Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/21/2006 06:26 PM
This one was vet aquired with the hanger in place. That's why I didn't cut it off and replace it with the other hanger Wink Tim, the knot is pictured in one of Tom's books.
Posted By: wotan Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/22/2006 05:39 PM
Now I dare too Wink
Vern, I think the hewer has been to heavy for this hanger when worn "daily". Therefore you very seldom do see an undamaged one. This might also beeing the reason that one of your hangers has been (I can imagine during period) sewn to the hewer. On your scond hanger the small leather strap for sure is not originally manufacturd but probably period rdone after the original one has been torn. The hanger is also missing the leather metalclip-protection flap. This flap can be seen an all hangers, early (more thick leather) and leater (thin leather) ones.
For those who are interested: The two hewers left/middle have etched numbers on the blade,the hewer to the right has a very low, stamped number on the blade. The corresponding numbers on the scabbards are always stamped.

Attached picture 3TN_hewer_w_frog_a_tr.jpg
Posted By: Vern Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/22/2006 09:57 PM
Very nice, and thanks for the thoughts on the hangers Wink
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: ONLY accouterments - 04/25/2006 02:36 AM
Wow Wotan I can only dream of owning one of these hewers some day.
Posted By: tobau Re: ONLY accouterments - 05/06/2006 08:19 PM
Superb R. !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ONLY accouterments - 05/07/2006 08:47 PM
I hope all the hanger clips have the 'Assmann' stamp. Thems that don't, thems are fakes, according to a previous discussion. Big Grin
© Your new forums