UBB.threads
Posted By: Jonesy Tiger MFG stuff - 01/29/2009 05:35 AM
Are period Tiger factory produced Hang tags or bags ever encountered?

Did some makers just not brand things to the extent of larger makers? Percetage wise I would think that Tiger was not a small player in government contracts. Yet, I have never seen any Tiger related "packaging" so to speak.
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Tiger MFG stuff - 01/30/2009 08:21 PM
Hello Jonesy, I don't know if this will help but Tom Johnson had some paper dagger bags a while back that he said were removed from the Seilheimer factory that were un-marked. Also, I have an un-issued S/A, tagged and bagged by Shuttlehoffer. The bag is simply stamped SA Dolch. Perhaps Tiger just used "generic" stuff as well? Regards, Leizpzig
Posted By: Jonesy Re: Tiger MFG stuff - 02/11/2009 04:18 AM
Leizpzig, thank you for your reply. I suspect you are correct that Tiger used "generic" packaging. That seems quite logical. Granted, I have not had the opportunity to comb any major shows for such items but I do keep an eye out and have yet to encounter anything Tiger specific. Has anyone? I'd be very interested. It would seem that a Catalog, wrapper or some such should exist and survive. Being as this is one of my favorite makers I find it rather unusual. I see many surviving 1941 Holler catalogs with color plates but not a peep from Tiger? Perhaps I am way off base...but can't dismiss Tiger as a "cottage" maker. Are there other makers at this level where marketing materials are not found? Thanks!
Posted By: mrfabulous Re: Tiger MFG stuff - 02/14/2009 06:35 PM
Cool topic. I`ve wondred about that also. My bug a boo is Emil Voos ephemera. Never saw a catalog or tag.
I saw a pic of Skipper Greenwade with some advertising stuff in the background in one of Johnson`s books.
I do have a Klaas tagged sword.
Anyone out there have a Voos or Herder catalog? Smile
© Your new forums