UBB.threads
Posted By: BretVanSant Tom Johnson card - 05/06/2022 09:48 AM
Lucky I am to have been able to start again in this hobby! For yet another time! I on all honesty had no idea how reachable the big people are in this hobby. Many were even here in the beginning. Was TJ my friend no. But he was always on the other end of the phone or later in emails. Emails are somewhat a disconnected method but it does work. Chip Gambino was another guy who would pick up the phone and answer questions of a dumb nature.
Going through books and notes etc to find info tags etc to post here I find this calling card of Johnson's. In a book wearing the edged weapons I think 1977?

Attached picture IMG_20220506_042342326_3~2.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: Tom Johnson card - 05/06/2022 09:42 PM
I did not meet him until later when he was in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I got a lot of nice things from him.
Posted By: BretVanSant Re: Tom Johnson card - 05/07/2022 01:54 AM
Wish I could have bought something more than books at that time.
Posted By: ed773 Re: Tom Johnson card - 05/07/2022 12:46 PM
Tom was a super guy. I purchased a lot of parts and different things from him.
He would take so much time showing (teaching) you about a screw for a scabbard before he sold it to you.
A super guy.
Ed
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: Tom Johnson card - 05/09/2022 12:09 AM
Bret welcome back good to see you cheers and best, Ryan
Posted By: BretVanSant Re: Tom Johnson card - 05/09/2022 02:27 AM
Thanks Ryan! About never made it! Luck is when opportunity meets preparation. Alot of hard work. So not just rejoining but reapplying myself. Wanting to fix a few things and Vern has stepped up to make this all for something more right off. So huge for me at this time.
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: Tom Johnson card - 05/11/2022 02:36 AM
Good to see would be great to get more of the original cast back on GDC.......................... cheers, Ryan
Posted By: BretVanSant Re: Tom Johnson card - 05/11/2022 05:29 AM
Agreed! Time was on Sunday evening back pre 2005 or so they had some sort of open chat. How that works I don't know. But so many great topics, the raffle was held. Last thing I remember being given away was a government dagger. For real man!! But over time animosity crept in people became fixated on things and it seemed to drive a wedge into all this..... I won't pretend to fix it but it's urgent for me to get back where I was sooner than later.Bret
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: Tom Johnson card - 05/12/2022 12:09 AM
Those were the "days cheers, R
© Your new forums