UBB.threads
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Disposition of the Coleman collection - 02/06/2019 08:00 AM
I read recently that the collection of the late Bob Coleman, past forum member and longtime SA/NSDAP collector, had been disposed of. Did it hit the market, or disappear underground?
Posted By: JR Re: Disposition of the Coleman collection - 02/07/2019 02:33 PM

Underground............. the big boyz got in there.
Posted By: ed773 Re: Disposition of the Coleman collection - 02/07/2019 10:17 PM
Those darn big boyz!
Speaking of Big Boys, I'm looking forward to having one or two in Louisville in a few weeks.
Hope to have a great time.
Ed
Posted By: Dave Re: Disposition of the Coleman collection - 02/18/2019 06:16 PM
Ed,

Speaking of "Big Boys", I loved those sandwiches if you are talking about what I remember as Marc's Big Boy. They were a special treat in college.

I have not been anywhere near one in many years, so I'm jealous.

Dave
Posted By: ed773 Re: Disposition of the Coleman collection - 02/18/2019 06:49 PM
Yea Dave,
I was born in Cincinnati, and they are Frisches Big Boy there. I'M 70, but just about grew up at the places, a huge high school hangout.
Moved to Colorado in the late 70s after getting out of the Army in 71, and really missed them.
I get back to Cincy once a year to visit and hit the Wilmington show, so I get a fix then, and at the SOS.
You know Big Boy goes under many names, they are independently sold, but basically the same place. Not so many around anymore with the new generations.
Hit the Ohio show or the SOS and they are close to the shows.
Ed
I picked up the early Gau tunic as pictured in Jeff Clarks NSDAP book credited to Bob and at the SOS I picked up an early Reichsleiter visor from Chuck Scaglione as posted on WAF belonging to Bob. The items are hitting the market cheers and best, Ryan
Very good to hear that some items will not be hidden away! Good to hear from you Ryan!

Pics?
© Your new forums