UBB.threads
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) The money fight! - 08/27/2017 06:57 PM
I thought the fight was actually pretty competitive, considering the mismatch betweeen mcgregor and Mayweather.... undercards were very good fights, imho. Anyone else see it?
Posted By: Dean Perdue Re: The money fight! - 08/28/2017 04:14 PM
I heard about it and was amazed the fight went as long as it did.
Posted By: Dow Cross Re: The money fight! - 08/28/2017 07:31 PM
I remember Muhammad Ali had a similar fight with a Japanese martial arts guy, and the fight turn out to be a joke. The Boxing Commission even fine him. At least the McGregor / Mayweather fight turn out to be much better.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: The money fight! - 08/30/2017 08:07 PM
in the street, or Octagon Connor would kill him. But in the boxing ring?,,he had a round or 3 to get that lucky punch in. Once he didn't do that it was just a matter of time. Pretty sure Money stretched it out a round or 3 for a better fight..

Big thing now is,,,,what does CM do now? Go back to the UFC,,or lose both belts and stick / try to learn boxing[?]
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: The money fight! - 08/30/2017 08:49 PM
That's a great question G... only he can answer that for sure. I felt exactly the same about it- round or two to land the lucky punch. But Mayweather hasn't been knocked down but once in 50 pro fights. Wasn't gonna happen. I was live- texting G the whole time. I think that by round 8 we were both flabbergasted that it was stil on!! Ya he'd get crushed in the octagon or a street fight. I thought he'd be dq ed by that point
Posted By: Gaspare Re: The money fight! - 08/31/2017 01:21 AM
YES!, and thank you very much Mike!!

Money broke a boxing record with the fight,,,50 and 0! I'm not sure who was the record holder but the family says he shouldn't get to break the record with that fight...

That Conner wasn't even a ranked boxer and, that the fight should not count as part of his boxing history/ the official record........
What you all think??.......
Posted By: Dow Cross Re: The money fight! - 08/31/2017 09:36 PM
I watched McGregor last night when he won the Featherweight title against Alvarez yeah he has one hell of a left punch. But his boxing skills doesn't even come close to Mayweather. My opinion? this fight should never had happen.
© Your new forums