UBB.threads
Posted By: Craig Gottlieb Auction 13 Now Online - 10/15/2014 01:23 PM
Hey guys ... my 13th auction is now online. We're still adding lots, but we'll be done by the time the show stars on Saturday at 10am. Good luck with the bidding!

The auction website, in case you didn't know, is www.cgmauctions.com. Good luck!
Posted By: ajax Re: Auction 13 Now Online - 10/15/2014 04:48 PM
Maybe you should pull the blatantly fake rail eage that a retard could call as bad, expert.
Posted By: ajax Re: Auction 13 Now Online - 10/18/2014 05:46 AM
Still not down, talk about using a forum for promotion while you list bad stuff. Do we need a list?. Mismatched SS maybe or should I run the the catalog?. It can be vetted for you if you like and plenty of novice collectors that can call the screw ups in this catalog. Could bring in the guns as well on your higher end material.
Posted By: Tanker Re: Auction 13 Now Online - 10/26/2014 06:55 PM
For reasons I don't know, why hasn't the collecting community banded together and banded this guy and his advertisements all together. There is so much controversy in just about everything he has offered or endorsed. Just look at the current Totenkopfrign thread. Unfortunately the future of the hobby is seen through this and not all the good that goes on. It is sad tha he is still given a free pass.
Is it a matter of money that counts and that is the reason he is still advertising here and elsewhere?
Ron
Posted By: Dave Re: Auction 13 Now Online - 10/26/2014 11:47 PM
GDC never got money for Craig's banner ad. When he sold his interest in GDC to Vern, He was accorded a free banner ad as a courtesy as co-founder.

That was ended a while back during Mengele (sp?) document discussion.

Dave
Posted By: Tanker Re: Auction 13 Now Online - 10/27/2014 12:24 AM
Is he still a paying Premium Member?
Posted By: Dave Re: Auction 13 Now Online - 10/27/2014 02:09 AM
No. I am not aware that he ever paid for anything here.

Tanker - Ron Holt - Please stick with discussing items not personalities.

Thanks
Posted By: Tanker Re: Auction 13 Now Online - 10/27/2014 03:15 AM
Dave
This all ties into personalties and the hobby. How can you separate the person and his actions from the hobby. This has become too well known and discussed to be deflected using the personality attack card. If you can't discuss the actions of the dealers advertising on this forum, then you are just turning a blind eye to the problem.

Now, if he is not a paid member, how do you justify him promoting his auction? To me that is a sales ad and like you warned/banned (for not bsing a paid member) me for a so called sale ad some time ago.
You said that if you are not a paid member, sales ads are not permitted.

Dave, you can move this to a subforum, but I beleive it should stand. Ron
Posted By: Dave Re: Auction 13 Now Online - 10/27/2014 03:36 PM
Ron, if you have questions about items for sale by all means post them, but stay away from personalities as it suggests in our code of conduct.

We allow announcements of new books, research services, auctions, shows, and the like without a paid membership as they are of interest to a broad range of collectors.
© Your new forums