UBB.threads
Posted By: Skynyrd Visit to air museum - 06/02/2014 06:15 PM
A few pics taken from a visit this weekend at Kalamazoo air museum ... Can be tough getting decent shots of some birds even though they are just sitting there due to space and lighting considerations.

a

Posted By: Skynyrd Re: Visit to air museum - 06/02/2014 06:16 PM

Posted By: Skynyrd Re: Visit to air museum - 06/02/2014 06:17 PM

Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: Visit to air museum - 06/03/2014 06:53 PM
Doug - Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures.

This is an excellent museum and certainly worth seeing. Here are a few pictures of some of the non-aviation related items on display.

Attached picture 506th PIR.jpg
Attached picture Display1.jpg
Attached picture Display2a.jpg
Attached picture Display2b.jpg
Attached picture Jap Type 96 LMG.jpg
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: Visit to air museum - 06/04/2014 04:21 AM
Yes, they have an excellent collection of miltaria and assorted stuff, I spent more than an hour just looking at some engines.
They had one from a B-36 on display, this thing is mind boggingly huge and complex. Also some very nice scale models, well worth a visit.
Posted By: James LeBrasseur Re: Visit to air museum - 06/04/2014 01:08 PM
Nice looking museum, thanks for the pictures.

James
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Visit to air museum - 06/08/2014 09:03 PM
Looks a lot like the Air and Space Museum in Washington DC. Looks nice! Thanks for the photos....
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: Visit to air museum - 06/09/2014 02:20 AM
The aircraft and all displays are absolutely immaculate ,,, Of course, none of them fly either.
I remember seeing the pink P-40 in the air all the time when I was a kid, a lady owned and flew it. Flew quite a few others as well, but those days are over. Alots of folks gripe and moan about it, I see their point but it is what it is.
The finances, expertise and personnel required to maintain vintage aircraft in the air is beyond the reach of most groups, and at least with them on permanent static display there is no worry about them being destroyed in crashes.
Posted By: mrfabulous Re: Visit to air museum - 06/09/2014 11:14 PM
Skynard, the lady was(is) Sue Parrish and she was a WASP womens air service pilot during the war.
I also seen her P40 and the others at Oshkosh back in the day.
Cool pics! That Dauntless is from the bottom of lake Michigan!
© Your new forums