UBB.threads
Posted By: reds12 REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/25/2014 03:43 AM
You have dealers asking $5000.00 for a ss dagger. TW just sold a 36 for $11,000. I can remember 6 maybe 7,8 years ago you couldn't find a ss dagger You all remember. Then a year later they were everywhere at twice the price. I know it worth what someone is willing to pay but come on. One of the most COMMON daggers made that in my opinion are being held back just to spike the prices.Not looking to bash anyone just venting my opinion....
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/25/2014 04:22 AM
It's because it's SS that the price is high. Anything SS is expensive while there is the same amount of it compared to other branches... just the demand and like you said what someone will pay....
Posted By: RFI Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/25/2014 05:44 AM
Condition is key, about 6 months ago I sold a SS EM for 6K. I would pay that to get it back! Slightly lesser condition could be substantially less. I am a dealer but a collector too, I do this because I love it. However, with those numbers you really need to consider it an investment also. These daggers with crazy prices are the ones that pay crazy profits down the road, hard to believe but true!
Best Wishes,
Bob
Posted By: bgrelics Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/25/2014 02:26 PM
You are right, the SS dagger is a common dagger. But because of what it represents, it is priced out of sight.I have bought more then my share on hotel buys, have kept three really nice 33 ems, and two 36 daggers, including a full Himmler. The most I have ever sold a 33 for is around $4,000, guess I will have to increase my prices to reflect the $5,000-$6,000 range.
Even though I like the the 33 SS daggers that I have kept, for that price $5000-$6000, they may have to go.
Thanks,
Bob
Posted By: Ed Martin Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/25/2014 09:22 PM
I guess I better take my Boker n RZM out of the draw
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/25/2014 09:23 PM
I think all serious collectors at some point question the sanity of it all. Bob Grant I would love to see the stuff you have kept over the years you come up with some great stuff!
Posted By: bgrelics Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/25/2014 09:39 PM
maybe I will bring some of it to the Max show.
Thanks
Posted By: Gaspare Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/26/2014 01:30 AM
reason this hobby sometimes ******** for me is 2 fold,,1 is greed, 2 is when fakes/fantasies get promoted as authentic just to make a buck.. At least with a dagger or a helmet you get something substantial. Look at what collectors were [are?] paying for Bullion SS arm eagles,,,or how about eagle & skull SS visor devices crazy
Posted By: Rick Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/28/2014 02:41 AM
No Bob bring them to my house LOL!
Posted By: bgrelics Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/28/2014 02:51 PM
Rick,
Are you still around?? We will have to get together.
Thanks,
Bob
Posted By: bgrelics Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/28/2014 03:00 PM
Gaspare, you are right, SS visor hat insignia, $1000 or more are you kidding me!! Some of this stuff is so overpriced I cannot believe it.I go to both of the big shows, some of the dealers and one in particular, I will not mention his name are so crazy on their prices that I just walk right by their tables.
Thanks,
Bob
Posted By: RFI Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/31/2014 01:31 AM
One mint SS EM may be worth 4K, there are other factors that make one worth 5 or 6K. The trick is having the right dagger and the right person who will want it. It also helps to know which ones will bring the premium, they are not all the same!
Best Wishes,
Bob
Posted By: patrice Re: REASON THIS HOBBY ********! - 03/31/2014 02:20 AM
SS daggers are probably the only common dagger keeping their value. You will not find any near mint SS dagger for less than 5K and I have yet to see one in a mint condition. wink
Hey Bob, next time you get a trully near mint early SS EM, don't bother posting it on your web site, just call me. grin
© Your new forums