UBB.threads
Posted By: Johnny V. Help please: European (German) Insurance Co. - 03/06/2014 06:13 PM
Dear All,

I hope this thread finds our fellow collectors well.
I have a question that I was hoping the "community" could help with.

I have been re-located to Germany for my work, as fate would have it, I am 10 miles from Solingen now.

In any case, in the US I used CIA insurance. I have contacted them, but they no longer insure collections outside of the US.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company to cover a collection in Germany?

Thank you!!
Johnny
Posted By: Mac 66 Re: Help please: European (German) Insurance Co. - 03/06/2014 06:24 PM
Johnny,

Try here: http://www.militarycollectionsinsurance.com/

Regards Mac 66.
Johnny, not sure how insurance works in Germany but in England I got fed up with paying a lot for insurance that wasn't that good value.
I now have just normal household insurance and I have to declare any single item above Ģ2000 in value only. As a backup to this I have catalogued each item with photographs.
Originally Posted By: Johnny V.
Dear All,

I hope this thread finds our fellow collectors well.
I have a question that I was hoping the "community" could help with.

I have been re-located to Germany for my work, as fate would have it, I am 10 miles from Solingen now.

In any case, in the US I used CIA insurance. I have contacted them, but they no longer insure collections outside of the US.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company to cover a collection in Germany?

Thank you!!
Johnny

Hi Johnny,
Have you already ask any german insurance companies?
Regards,
Gerd
Thanks guys!!

1961: No, I have not. I donīt want to raise any red flags early on.
My initial thought was to find companies in Germany who insure such collections as a standard practice (like CIA in the US).
I may need to add this to my homeowners insurance, which is a good idea (thank you Lanser!).

Best,
Johnny
Johnny,
I can ask a close friend of mine,if you like.
He works for a large german insurance.
Regards,
Gerd
Thank you, it would be interesting to hear what your friend has to say. At least with regard to whether "such items" have been insured with his company and whether there are any pitfalls to be avoided.
Much appreciated!

All the best,
Johnny
Originally Posted By: Johnny V.
Thank you, it would be interesting to hear what your friend has to say. At least with regard to whether "such items" have been insured with his company and whether there are any pitfalls to be avoided.
Much appreciated!

All the best,
Johnny

Johnny,
i'll ask him and hope for his response until weekend.It can take a few days. Hope you'll attend the IWB Kassel on the 4th of april. Would be nice to meet you! Tomorrow I'll attend the show in Reichertshofen (Bavaria).
Regards,
Gerd
© Your new forums