UBB.threads
Posted By: BOB C sos show - 01/18/2014 07:08 PM
any buddy going to the sos this year from GDC?
Posted By: JohnZ Re: sos show - 01/18/2014 07:31 PM
I don't know about buddy, but I will be there if the weather and Denver airport cooperate.

John
Posted By: stratocaster3 Re: sos show - 01/18/2014 08:00 PM
Bob,
I'll be there. Selling off my Imperial German Iron Cross collection….or trade for Imperial German Navy Items. have a few navy and heer daggers as well.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Rick
Posted By: ORPO Re: sos show - 01/18/2014 08:12 PM
Yep, I will be there at tables T 18-20.
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: sos show - 01/18/2014 11:38 PM
I'll be there - tables K 27-29
Posted By: DJDR Re: sos show - 01/19/2014 03:00 AM
Are most of the members of this forum dealers? And if so, how often do you guys buy and trade from each other?
Posted By: TKissinger Re: sos show - 01/19/2014 08:42 AM
I'll be there wondering the hall, and resting my feet at Dennys table. I sure look forward each year to see all my friends.

I'm not a dealer, but I do sell an item or two on occasion.
Posted By: Baz69 Re: sos show - 01/19/2014 11:13 AM
I'll be there, looking forward to it.

Gary
Posted By: stratocaster3 Re: sos show - 01/19/2014 02:13 PM
DJDR,
I am not a dealer. However, I do sell duplicates or parts of my collection when my focus changes. I am always trying to high grade my collection. While I do sell, I am just as happy trading with others to get items of mutual interest. I think most collectors thin the herd on occasion.

Yes we table holders do a bit of selling and trading during set up and before the general public. That is about the only time we have to look around for ourselves. After the general public arrives, we are manning our tables. Hope you can make it.
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: sos show - 01/19/2014 02:26 PM

I’m booked and ready looking forward to it as usual. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Bring all those slant grip army daggers you don’t want anymore eek
Posted By: pvon Re: sos show - 01/19/2014 03:15 PM
Looking forward to seeing folks! Have 3 tables me and buddy!

PVON
Posted By: TRIPLE T Re: sos show - 01/19/2014 05:45 PM
I will be there
Posted By: DJDR Re: sos show - 01/25/2014 07:02 PM
Since there is never any big shows like the SOS on the west coast, I will pay the bucks and be there. Looking forward to seeing you guys and your great collections !
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: sos show - 02/15/2014 08:08 AM
Tom Johnson and I will be there
Posted By: Dave Re: sos show - 02/15/2014 06:32 PM
I hope someone can take and post pictures!

Dave
Posted By: stratocaster3 Re: sos show - 02/15/2014 08:48 PM
Gang,
I will be taking photos this year and will post them now that I have gotten the hang of posting photos. Looking forward to it.
BTW, is there any protocol on taking photos? In other words are dealers, table holders sensitive about taking photos of them and their items? I will ask first of course. Thanks
Cheers, Rick
Posted By: BOB C Re: sos show - 02/16/2014 12:26 AM
rick most don't care just ask before you take them.
Posted By: JME Re: sos show - 02/17/2014 03:42 PM
My Daughter has decided to go to College this Fall to become a Medical Dr. and I will need funds to support her. I will be selling my entire collection of WWII and WWI, Top shelf Daggers, Badges, Tinnies, Cloth, Flags, Gorget, Eagles, Pictures, Art, Postcards, Photos and other various paper items. I will be set up on Friday and Saturday under Hal's Patches and WWI and WWII items. My location should be Y19-20. Stop by if you are interested or just to say Hallo! Thank you, JME aka Jurgen
Posted By: reds12 Re: sos show - 02/27/2014 04:52 PM
Hoping some will be taking some pic's for those of us who are not fortunate enough to make it there. I saw that our resident reporter (PVON) will not be attending this year. Always look forward to his pic's and descriptions of the big shows. Hope everyone enjoys themselves...
Posted By: DJDR Re: sos show - 02/28/2014 11:58 PM
Well my first day at the SOS has come to an end. Unbelievable ! You guys that have not come here yet, should. Table after table of anything and everything Third Reich. I saw more dream daggers than I could have imagined. Saw some guy with a Field Marshal baton...very nice...and hey it was real! Saw him hand it over to Hermann Historica. They said it would be in a future auction, going to try to start the bidding at "just" $100,000 ! Like I said, all the elite medals, cloth, daggers. Very cool to see them in person and hold them. Craig was there....letting people take pictures next to his Hitler cap and uniform, Tom W. was very nice and we spoke for awhile. T. Johnson, same. Craig was running around handing out free bags...people looked at him like he was a movie star, whatever. Saw you too Serge....you did not look up from your phone. Besides T. Wittman, the items Hermann Historica had...epic...should be in a museum, BIG DOLLARS. "Military Collectibles"--Brian Maederer, great items as well. Though so many had so much to offer, those tables were the best. I took some pictures, but mainly lots of video. Tons of SS. Only 5 Teno leaders, Brian had 3 of which 2 were very nice.

I am sure I will be back next year....I over dosed on all military today
Posted By: the russian Re: sos show - 03/03/2014 04:07 PM
SOS was a tremendous experience - tablet after table of collectibles, and a great gun show next door with hundreds of tablets - quite a combination - a sincere effort to get the public aware of the show and getting them in was very refreshing - showed a sincere effort to help the table holders and dealers. Great to see a lot of old friends and Rick gave me a whole new insight on imperial daggers and badges - thank you Rick ! Also Dr McAlvanah added another hundred pages to my notbook on SA daggers.
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: sos show - 03/03/2014 09:19 PM
Wonderful show! At last count I had sold 31 bayonets,6 rifles, 4 swords, 2 pistols and a bunch of odds & ends.
Downside was some unfortunate fellow who bought a walk-in Luftwaffe sword that had an Indian-made damascus blade with original handle, crossguard and scabbard for $5k. As I understand, it was presented to him as being original. One of our GDC experts had the unhappy task of giving him the bad news.
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: sos show - 03/05/2014 03:45 AM
How was the amount of armbands at the show?a lot of the same or variety?
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: sos show - 03/08/2014 12:18 AM
Well for me the show was fantastic I added 4 army’s to my collection 2 slants and 2 non slant early daggers bought two photo albums several porcelain portraits and a US WW1 patriotic pillow case. A few good friends found and helped me acquire several of the army daggers - Thanks Guys!! Most of the collectors I spoke with found some great stuff for their collections. Really 50 % of the fun is seeing and meeting the other collectors who love the stuff as much as you do.
Posted By: Tanker Re: sos show - 03/08/2014 02:10 AM
Hello
I sure hate to see that happen. First, I hope the fellow selling it did not do it intentionaly. If he really thought it was real, then I feel bad for him. Second, the poor guy who bought should have checked because (at least for me) that is a lot of money. I hope one of theGDC members took pics of it or come on and let us know about it so it does not show up later as a real one!
Ron

Originally Posted By: Denny Gaither
Wonderful show! At last count I had sold 31 bayonets,6 rifles, 4 swords, 2 pistols and a bunch of odds & ends.
Downside was some unfortunate fellow who bought a walk-in Luftwaffe sword that had an Indian-made damascus blade with original handle, crossguard and scabbard for $5k. As I understand, it was presented to him as being original. One of our GDC experts had the unhappy task of giving him the bad news.
Posted By: Fitzer Re: sos show - 03/08/2014 02:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej9iS-svyJA&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: sos show - 03/08/2014 08:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Tanker
Hello
I sure hate to see that happen. First, I hope the fellow selling it did not do it intentionaly.
Ron

It was my understanding that it was intentional...
Posted By: stratocaster3 Re: sos show - 03/08/2014 11:53 PM
I also saw a very nice Imperial Navy Dagger that had the cypher of an aristocrat on the scabbard. When I pulled the blade out it was an impressive Damascus piece. Minty and a bit shiny. It was a Damascus pattern I have never seen. The more I examined it the more convinced I became that the blade was a recent piece. The ricasso was not shaped like period pieces either. I asked the table holder if I could take a photo with my phone but he wouldn't let me. That was pretty much a tell that the $5700 dagger was not authentic and made to deceive. The fittings were period but the blade was not. An Indian special?
Rick
Posted By: Andy Mraz Re: sos show - 03/09/2014 02:22 AM
Refused to let you take a picture? A red flag for sure! Often guys ask to photograph a trademark, a fit, etc to send to someone they trust.....smart move regardless of the price. Their friend may not like what he sees, but at least the seller has nothing to hide.
© Your new forums