UBB.threads
Posted By: kyles bullets Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/21/2013 12:32 AM
I have been told many times by my father who knew a ww2 vet as a kid. He always messed with my father with this pistol that fit in the palm of his hand that was brought back from Germany. Any idea what it might me? Nobody knows where the gun is now. If only it could be found.... Any idea what it could be? It was possibly .22 or .23 caliber.
Posted By: Vern Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/21/2013 02:37 AM
There were a lot of small pistols available prior to WW2 in .22 and .25 cal. Could be a Baby Browning in .25 cal. They are very small and quite popular.
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/21/2013 01:23 PM
Thanks for the information Vern. So this is most likely the gun??
Posted By: Vern Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/21/2013 04:00 PM
Hard to say without a photo wink
Posted By: reds12 Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/21/2013 05:35 PM
Sound like a Liberator.
Posted By: Dave Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/21/2013 06:37 PM
The Liberator was a .45ACP pistol and a bit larger than most hands. I would guess a Browning .25 because they were made in quantity.
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/22/2013 01:12 AM
The pistol will most likely never be found and probably sold in a group of other items by accident. Thanks for all your help!
Posted By: Tanker Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/22/2013 05:28 AM
Your description is just too generic and without a pic, impossible to determine. Ron
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/22/2013 08:51 AM
My guess would be a Walther 6.35 (25 cal) or a Hungarian Formmer Lilliput .25 cal., often referred to as a woman,s purse pistol. Well made and desirable small automatics.
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/23/2013 04:06 PM
Thanks for the guess Ronald! Wish I had a picture of it to compare it so we could be certain...
Posted By: Tanker Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/23/2013 05:30 PM
Guessing would be just that and it would not serve any useful purpose. It would be like asking what kind of car drove by and describing it as, well it had 4 wheels and 2 doors. Not trying to be sarcastic.
Ron
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/23/2013 11:35 PM
I'm just trying to figure out what kind of pistol it may of been from the description I was given. I can't ask a question??
Posted By: Tanker Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/24/2013 12:04 AM
Yes you can, but don't expect much when it is too generalized.
Ron
Posted By: Jim W Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 09/24/2013 02:51 PM
Part of the problem Kyles is that the small caliber pistols were the norm pre WWII. Police carried 32 caliber pistols often and 25 caliber was common. So there are a lot of different pistols from different manufacturers from many countries. To answer your question would require listing all the possible pistols from the period that fit in ones hand and that would be a huge list.

So, no problem asking the question because you are getting meaningful answers. The answer is no one can really answer your question. Which is itself good information for you because you now know there are a lot of pistols.

I hope the pistol shows up some time.
Posted By: ETF Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 12/08/2013 05:21 AM
Coming in late on this post; Czech Duos were very popular with officers of the German Army.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 12/08/2013 11:22 PM
There was never enough of any type of pistol to satiate the demands of a rather large German nco and officer corp.

Non essential personnel seemed to carry the private purchase/seconded small caliber pistols we so often see.
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Ever heard of a pistol like this? - 12/09/2013 12:01 AM
It would be funny if this gun was a personally made gun somehow and is a one of a kind lol. Definitely no standard issue though. Probably the german soldier's own pistol....
© Your new forums