UBB.threads
Posted By: Denny Gaither Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/02/2012 07:17 PM
The SOS is only 3 weeks away! With over 1,600 tables of quality merchandise, this IS the show of shows.
If you are a collector of militaria, this is one you do not want to miss....
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/02/2012 10:03 PM
Me, I'm going!

John
Posted By: Earl (Rick) Schreiber Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/02/2012 10:37 PM
I will be at the SOS and the gun show.
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/03/2012 01:16 AM
I’m going really looking forward to it!!
Posted By: stingray Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/03/2012 02:58 AM
I can't wait
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/03/2012 05:12 PM
I'll be there.

Gary
Posted By: ORPO Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/03/2012 07:14 PM
I will be there at tables H35-36 as usual. I would not miss it for the world.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/04/2012 06:38 AM
I'll be there as part of our 'Farewell tour'....
An old member here 'Vinny' retired from collecting a few years ago but still goes every year with us just to hang, bt this is his last show.
Another friend and long time high end SS cloth collector is also going to stop and will be bringing some minty mint SS cloth with him.
The 4th of our usual crew is also calling it quits as far as formal buys..

We're right by the right side concession stands on the wall. Come on by and check out the stuff and have a short rest if you'd like. Hope to see some of you guys for drinks at night...
Posted By: Dave Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/04/2012 04:02 PM
Somebody take pictures, please.

Dave
Posted By: Anders L. Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/06/2012 10:23 AM
I will be at the show, hope that the weather will be ok....takes some hours to fly in from Europe.
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/06/2012 04:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Anders L.
I will be at the show, hope that the weather will be ok....takes some hours to fly in from Europe.

Anders,
So far this year, the weather in this part of the U.S. has been unusually mild with little snow. Let's hope it continues.
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/06/2012 06:17 PM
Anders:

Are you flying through Chicago?

Always taking a chance when flying in the winter.

I am flying through Denver to get there and through Chicago on the way back.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

John
Posted By: TKissinger Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/08/2012 06:27 AM
Count me in.
Posted By: Anders L. Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/10/2012 02:52 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnZ
Anders:

Are you flying through Chicago?

John

No, this year I will visit a friend in Detroit first.
Will go by car from there.
Posted By: DJDR Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/11/2012 07:10 PM
saving up to fly out for the Max show. wish i could go to this one too.
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/13/2012 10:07 AM
I will be there too!
Looking forward to seeing you there!!!
Posted By: Adam Kirchen Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/14/2012 04:45 AM
Wish I could be there. I've been on a 70 hr. work week the last year and a half. Not very conducive for militria shows. laugh Maybe next year..
Posted By: Larry C Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/16/2012 01:23 PM
What is the show dates??
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/16/2012 04:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Siegfried B
What is the show dates??

http://sosovms.com/show_preview.htm
Posted By: Larry C Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/16/2012 10:49 PM
Thanks Denny
Posted By: Dave Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/17/2012 01:16 AM
The crowds go to SOS.

The money goes to MAX.

Dave
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/17/2012 01:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Hohaus
The crowds go to SOS.

The money goes to MAX.

Dave

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion!!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/17/2012 03:34 PM
Dave only goes by dagger sales wink
Posted By: DJDR Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/17/2012 05:42 PM
We need the MAX or SOS to come out to CA once. The weather is always nice this time of year...I think its about 70 degrees beautiful blue sky today...again!
Posted By: Dave Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/17/2012 07:47 PM
Never happen.

Too many dealers drive to the show and would not go that far. Look through one of he programs and you'll see where they live.
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/17/2012 09:13 PM
Bouncing around from one location to another is what nearly brought the MAX down. The only thing keeping California from having a huge show of it's own are the state laws and the fact that a military show would probably not be "politically correct".
Posted By: DJDR Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/18/2012 05:29 AM
True, Dave. Perhaps a discount for anyone who has to fly more than 2,000 miles? Ha Ha, I wish!
Posted By: Dave Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/18/2012 04:47 PM
If you draw a line from Boston to Minneapolis then to Raleigh then back to Boston, you have the majority of dealers and collectors. And in that area the concentration is to the east.

Many dealers are part time and would not take the time to drive to the west coast and back. Same applies to many collectors who cannot spare the time. Charlotte and Indianapolis got complaints for that reason.
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/19/2012 10:49 PM
I'm sure the SOS dealers take in just as much cash as MAX dealers do. Next year we will be adding 300 to 400 ADDITIONAL tables making the SOS even bigger and better.
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/20/2012 02:55 PM
In this economic world, we need to have both shows and both are successful. Both have their positive crowds and both are east of the Mississippi. I have been to the Great Western in the day and it just couldn't compete with the eastern shows. Dealers have to drive too far with large inventories and the time spent on the road and the bad winter weather in the mountains prevent their attendence IMO.
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/20/2012 04:17 PM
I agree. Both shows support each other. We do not compete nor do we wish to.
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/20/2012 04:56 PM
Houston:

One of the real differences between the MAX and the SOS, where the MAX does a way better job for the customers (and the dealers), is the relatively large seating area by the food stand.

I have found it a great place to sit for a while, drinking my coffee and talking and showing my finds to my friends. A good meeting place, which is sorely lacking at the SOS, at least until the Friday, when the pork guy opens up his food stand between the doors of the SOS and the gun show.

If you have room for an additional 400-500 tables, please make sure to leave room for some kind of meeting sitting relax space.

John
Posted By: TKissinger Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/20/2012 08:39 PM
And I second that!!!! If it wasn't for Denny and Dick allowing me a little siting time I wouldn't make it.
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/20/2012 10:18 PM
We'll consider that John
Posted By: Dave Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/21/2012 01:09 AM
Houston,

I made that suggestion after the 2005 SOS, along with providing lids for soft drinks and coffee so they could be easily carried back to tables.

You told me that you (OVMS) had no control or influence over the concessions. Has this changed ?
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/21/2012 05:30 PM
No--but we might get them to provide additional chairs and tables
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: Show of Shows - Who's going? - 02/24/2012 08:24 PM
Hi can someone bring me back a program or two? I will pay for shipping etc...haven't missed a show in the past 12 years...missed max this year as well, first in 18 years..if you have an extra max program that would be great as well....I know that they are given out free at SOS...thanks and cheers, Ryan rsellick@rogers.com
© Your new forums