UBB.threads
Posted By: Degens Back to Life ! - 01/30/2011 10:44 PM
Here is a period black and white picture I found on the web that has been processed using modern software. It is quite enlightening to see the subject come back to life as you progress. Apologies if some of the ribbon bars etc are the wrong colour, I was not striving for complete accuracy.
Sorry for sharing more processing techniques, I promise to show some daggers soon.......:).

Attached picture Gereis1.jpg
Attached picture Gereis2.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Back to Life ! - 01/31/2011 09:24 AM
Degens,

Outstanding!

Bill
Posted By: Addyfie Re: Back to Life ! - 01/31/2011 10:44 PM
Really impressive Degens!!! whats the program called if you dont mind me asking?

Adam
Posted By: Degens Re: Back to Life ! - 01/31/2011 11:36 PM
Thanks guys,
It is only Photoshop with a noise filter and layers but so long as you have a lot of patience, the end results are very rewarding. It is a bit like colouring in as a child, so I suppose that explains a lot smile.
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Back to Life ! - 02/01/2011 04:49 AM
Great results Jon I had a guy on Wehrmacht awards from England color these pictures of my dad for me he charges $10 per image.

Posted By: Addyfie Re: Back to Life ! - 02/01/2011 12:03 PM
Hi Tom could you please tell me the name of the member on WAF who can colour these pics in, i have a few of my grandad in his uniform and i think my old fella would be really chuffed if he could see them brought back to coloured life, there was quite a famous picture taken of my grandad just as peace broke out in 1945 he was snapped in Belguim somewhere on a tank with a few women (of whom my nan wasnt too happy about) i have tried to obtain any better photos of this but the Manchester Evening news who printed it destroy all their old prints after 3 years which is really frustrating, maybe another member who lives in the manchester area may still have this stashed away somewhere but i doubt it. Cant hurt to ask i suppose.
This is the only pic i have of the front of the VE day special edition from about 15 years ago my grandad is the one on the right waving his hat.

Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Back to Life ! - 02/01/2011 09:19 PM

I have contacted him and asked if he is interested and will let you know I have also asked him to do one more for me as well I don’t have his email but as soon as I get it I will contact you.

Originally Posted By: Addyfie
Hi Tom could you please tell me the name of the member on WAF who can colour these pics in, i have a few of my grandad in his uniform and i think my old fella would be really chuffed if he could see them brought back to coloured life, there was quite a famous picture taken of my grandad just as peace broke out in 1945 he was snapped in Belguim somewhere on a tank with a few women (of whom my nan wasnt too happy about) i have tried to obtain any better photos of this but the Manchester Evening news who printed it destroy all their old prints after 3 years which is really frustrating, maybe another member who lives in the manchester area may still have this stashed away somewhere but i doubt it. Cant hurt to ask i suppose.
This is the only pic i have of the front of the VE day special edition from about 15 years ago my grandad is the one on the right waving his hat.

Posted By: Addyfie Re: Back to Life ! - 02/02/2011 11:54 AM
Many thanks Tom your a true gent.

Kind regards Adam
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Back to Life ! - 02/04/2011 03:55 AM
PM sent !! He is interested !

Originally Posted By: Addyfie
Many thanks Tom your a true gent.

Kind regards Adam
© Your new forums