UBB.threads
Posted By: Jim W Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/02/2007 03:23 PM
Item appears on Ebay as an awarded dagger in 1989.

What's wrong with this claim?

Polish

If original, these are about $900.

Comments please.

Jim
Posted By: Bob Rodgers Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/02/2007 04:53 PM
Because its bogus !
Posted By: Walter Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/02/2007 05:00 PM
Can't tell about the dagger and engraving (the pommel eagle looks poorly detailed ...) but the box itself appear more like cheaper "tourist" variation.
The real Polish Airforce Command presentation box has the white/creamy silk inside with white/red piping.

Attached picture box.jpg
Posted By: Jim W Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/02/2007 07:11 PM
I first thought this was bogus, but after some reading, this box is identical to one Kurt has in volume 4 on presented daggers. I also thought the inscription was wrong, but I think it is consistant with others. So,

This could be good.

Kurt?

Jim
Posted By: zet Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/02/2007 08:15 PM
Hi in my opinion this price 900 is from outer space. I ve seen two original in price 500 usd each with inscription and from honest dealer .Regards Zet
Posted By: zet Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/02/2007 08:22 PM
In this auction is not award dagger this is a gift to the architect from the commander of Airforce general division of pilots Tytus Krawczyc.In my opinion looks like dagger for tourist with insrciption but Jim has more experience. regards Ted
Posted By: Hayabusa2 Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/03/2007 12:58 AM
I'm surprised they would award (or gift) a dagger with what appears to be a mistake in the serial number. The overstrike looks pretty sloppy.

Gary
Posted By: Jim W Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/03/2007 03:44 PM
Hi Zet, $500 in Poland is correct. I know of at least one that traded for $900.

Also, if you think this is for the tourists, please explain why.

Gary, the numbers on the Polish daggers were stamped on with a variety of different stamps. The overstrike is not so unusual and the number is within range.

I first thought the grip color was a little on the colored side, other than white, but I think it is ok.

Jim
Posted By: Jim W Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/08/2007 03:34 PM
So, purchased by our very own Kurt Glemser.

I take it Kurt believes it to be original. Big Grin

Jim
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/08/2007 04:52 PM
Yes I think the dagger is original. Compare it to others in Volume IV of A GUIDE TO MILITARY DRESS DAGGERS and you'll see why. This volume also has a number of photos of General Krawczyc presenting daggers - he's the person who presented this one as well.
Posted By: zet Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/15/2007 07:44 PM
You are right it is originall my mistake .Look to another on Polish site Navy engraved ,link:
http://www.allegro.pl/item154548745_kordzik_mw_prezent_..._kontr_admirala.html
If you want I can post pics with 2 engraved .ZET
Posted By: Jim W Re: Polish Awarded Dagger? - 01/16/2007 04:28 PM
Interesting Naval dagger awarded 1998.

Zet, why not start a new thread with awarded Polish daggers. I will add mine to the thread.

Jim
© Your new forums