UBB.threads
Posted By: pvon So whats new on collecting front? Whats hot? - 12/10/2021 11:25 PM
Well I like ww2 Italion daggers and such but its time to check out other stuff!

Whats hot in edgeweapons from europe?

I remember when soviet navy daggers showed up! Bulgarian etc I had the belts and daggers since prices were very reasonable!

Whats going on now!

Haven't been to a show in 2 yrs!

PVON
Posted By: ORPO Re: So whats new on collecting front? Whats hot? - 01/09/2022 03:36 PM
I picked up a nice Italian Navy Officer sword at a small local show this fall. It was complete with the proper gold and blue knot and cloth hangers. All with a Naval motif of fouled anchors, ships, rope knots, etc. Nice to find a complete sword rig.

Attached picture Italy Navy sword.JPG
Attached picture Italy Navy sword hangers.JPG
Attached picture Italy Navy sword guard.JPG
Attached picture Italy Navy sword scabbard.JPG
Posted By: Dave Re: So whats new on collecting front? Whats hot? - 01/09/2022 04:17 PM
Thanks, ORPO,

We don't see much Italian stuff and that sword looks good with both hangers and portopee.

Dave
Posted By: pvon Re: So whats new on collecting front? Whats hot? - 01/11/2022 04:07 PM
Orpo

Is that you Sarge? I saw KC area and said now here is a collector and author of Bayonet book!

You have some wonderful stuff! Hope to see some on GD again!

Yes that sword you show is a beauty! And seldom seen!

You sure got lucky in finding it!

PVON
Posted By: ORPO Re: So whats new on collecting front? Whats hot? - 01/13/2022 03:01 PM
Hi PVON,

Yes, it is me... or it is I... anyway yep, one in the same. I have not been on this board for awhile. GD kept getting lost or I got lost due to problems with the server migrations I guess but I found my way back recently.

I was lucky in finding this complete Italian Navy sword rig. It showed up at a little 50 table local show about six months ago. I always go to these little shows as you never know what may pop up.

George
Posted By: Dave Re: So whats new on collecting front? Whats hot? - 01/13/2022 03:48 PM
You are right ORPO,

We not only migrated servers but the server got hacked too and it took a long time to get back.

What is hot ? The hobby ! Seems the covid saved guys money and some of it is making its way into Militaria. SA daggers doing well and SS still good. Try finding a really good or rare SS dagger.

Nathan Hogle wrote a great set of 2 reference book on HJ so I think we'll see more action there.

Looks like Italian Navy might be picking up too wink grin

Dave
Posted By: pvon Re: So whats new on collecting front? Whats hot? - 01/14/2022 02:02 AM
Orpo

I had picked up a Italian army sword with knot from vet family last yr!

You don't find them complete!

You were huge in bayonets and if I recall police!

I had a thread in bayonet section and believe I showed your bayonet book picture!

You have had many nice things for sure!

PVON
© Your new forums