UBB.threads
Posted By: Ric Ferrari USMC ring for Ric - 03/22/2023 02:22 PM
Hello,

I always thought that before or later a US ring would take its own place in my German and Italian rings collection.

I just needed to find the right one....to my eyes.....and sincerely hope it's right for you...as well

Btw, is it possible to date this ring with accuracy ?

Ric

Attached picture BuytoJohnAmericanRingUSMCbySterling1.2.JPG
Attached picture BuytoJohnAmericanRingUSMCbySterling1.4.JPG
Attached picture BuytoJohnAmericanRingUSMCbySterling1.5.JPG
Attached picture BuytoJohnAmericanRingUSMCbySterling1.6.JPG
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: USMC ring for Ric - 03/22/2023 02:24 PM
Maker marking

Attached picture BuytoJohnAmericanRingUSMCbySterling1.7.JPG
Attached picture BuytoJohnAmericanRingUSMCbySterling1.8.JPG
Attached picture BuytoJohnAmericanRingUSMCbySterling1.9.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: USMC ring for Ric - 03/22/2023 05:23 PM
that is a nice one! Well some have a makers name in the band. Some of the firms are still in business and you can trace by contacting them... Doesn't appear yours has a maker in band.. Yours does have some good honest wear to it,,maybe even combat wear[?]

- The sides of the band have a eagle with shield? IF so its a good chance its pretty old.. I'd say from Viet Nam and up most military rings have a 'Gem' on cartouche and some fancy design on band sides..

For comparison check like US eBay for American military ring, or 'ring' in Military subject area. You'll see most of the WWII rings have this eagle with shield. Don't think you'll get an exact date but when your doing the comparisons its WW2 and Korea have the 'look' of this ring.. We have some veterans here maybe they can give a better opinion..

So this link is for' US ring' in 'Militaria' and 'WWII dates':

https://www.ebay.com/sch/13977/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=+US+ring&LH_TitleDesc=0

You can try variations on your search. Vintage US ring,,,in 'All categories' etc. etc.

You might even see your ring in there somewhere! but it is a good place to start.....

Here is an example of a WWII side band.. As far as exact,,don't think you can do it without the maker. This could also probably be Korea.

Attached picture usring.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: USMC ring for Ric - 03/22/2023 05:44 PM
Ric on some US rings the units emblem change and that will date the ring.... Don't think on yours it will help much....

- But for an example for dating:

The shield shape for the 7th was WW1 and WWII [probably Korea],,,,,,but the square for sure was Vietnam Era..

Attached picture 7th2.jpg
Attached picture 7th.jpg
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: USMC ring for Ric - 03/22/2023 10:25 PM
Thank you....G.

It seems I have to do some home work laugh

Ric
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: USMC ring for Ric - 03/22/2023 10:34 PM
Here's eagle with shield on band

Ric

Attached picture USMCring.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: USMC ring for Ric - 04/05/2023 08:39 PM
Ric,,, This is a long shot but,,,,..

Jostens made many WWII US rings that had the eagle on the side like that.. You might be able to send a photo of your ring to this link and maybe they could help!

https://www.company-histories.com/Jostens-Inc-Company-History.html
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: USMC ring for Ric - 04/07/2023 05:50 PM
Thank you....G.

Ric
© Your new forums