UBB.threads
Posted By: Ric Ferrari SS runes ring sold........really ? - 02/04/2023 06:55 PM
No comment !

Ric

Attached picture GermanRingSS-REPRObyWeitzeSOLD1.1.JPG
Posted By: Evgeniy Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 02/04/2023 07:13 PM
old huckster, I always said he didn't care about rings )))

he does not understand anything about them, this is not the first time that fantasy is not for sale
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 02/04/2023 07:33 PM
yeah no one used to care!.. Now one of the last interesting things to collect the last 6,,, 8 years or so.. Wished they didn't care............

- They should be ashamed to sell a ring like that! 5 min research they'd see the ring would have been illegal during the period and also that it is a fantasy piece.. The original post war dies for the ring might still be on GDC here ,,might..
Posted By: Stephen Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 02/05/2023 11:09 AM
Good grief! What a monstrosity! I hope no one was a big enough mug to pay €25 let alone €2500 for this piece of junk.
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 02/05/2023 12:28 PM
As expected.........there are plenty of properly comments, so..........no need to add mine frown

Ric
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 02/08/2023 02:10 AM
years ago in me research I found out who and where the whole idea and then manufacture of the tooling was done and by whom.. Then in the 70s a golden age collector Bill Blynn of Ohio ended up with the original tooling!... Those dies were shown here and hopefully are in the back pages somewhere here..

The first generation production was for a 2 piece ring.. As the tooling wore they simply made lost wax cast to make future generation rings.. Mr. Blynn had a gold version made from the original postwar fantasy dies. That gold ring was also shown here along with the dies... There was also another of the exact ring band but with the Panzer skull,,,also a fantasy fom the same people..

- Any way you research you will find out there would never be a SS ring with the SS motto on it ever made during the period.. IF you see any even different pattern with the motto leave it be for someone else!!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 02/09/2023 04:31 AM
I found the photos of the post war fantasy dies.... The very first few generation rings were 2 piece. Complicated to make. Very good details, Used real black enamel and fooled many...

Maybe the buyer of the above ring will get suspicious and do some checking , searching and find us!

Dies and ring:

Attached picture SSringDie.jpg
Attached picture SSringDie2.jpg
Attached picture SSringDieRing.jpg
Posted By: Stephen Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 02/09/2023 08:35 AM
Here's a related post from previously. Like bad pennies, these babies keep turning up...

https://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=338738&page=1
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 04/07/2023 06:00 PM
Since Weitze gently provided pretext to start this thread, here's a new "chapter" of horror saga....

Ric

Attached picture GermanRingLW-2.GULLyellowREPROsoldbyWeitze1.1.JPG
Attached picture GermanRingLW-2.GULLyellowREPROsoldbyWeitze1.2.JPG
Attached picture GermanRingLW-2.GULLyellowREPROsoldbyWeitze1.3.JPG
Attached picture GermanRingLW-2.GULLyellowREPROsoldbyWeitze1.4.JPG
There are a few of these dubious Luftwaffe rings floating around. Good post Ric, buyers beware.

Attached picture C0B19D5D-722F-4E60-BE00-9EE2766C04F6.jpeg
Attached picture B21616B5-2380-4280-83A2-E16023586174.jpeg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 04/09/2023 01:55 AM
Yes saw the black one on line somewhere..

Recently [last 5 yr or so] a bunch of these Luft rank 'Gull' rings have been showing up in all the Luft colors everywhere,,And,,1 to 3 gull rank.. Some of the better counterfeits have a very hard fake 'enamel' epoxy in the cartouche so be very careful..

We all know what to look for to start right?!? Good detail ,,real enamel,,thin band most of the time tapered,, polished inner band,, good overall finish,,No faults,,too many spurious hallmarks..

Ric , thanks for the warning your saving some their very hard earned money.!.. smile
Posted By: pzb14 Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 04/09/2023 08:18 PM
Golden years of rings ended
Posted By: Evgeniy Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 04/10/2023 03:53 AM
nothing ended, just make home work: learning rings
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: SS runes ring sold........really ? - 04/16/2023 12:58 PM
I tend to agree with Evgeniy.......original rings are getting harder to find.....day by day........but they are still out there.

Ric
© Your new forums