UBB.threads
Posted By: ABTmRw totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/25/2023 08:57 PM
As an SS Honor Ring enthusiast, I have another short review for you all! smile

This time I am reviewing an SS Honor Ring reproduction from totenkopfrings.com. Specifically this one, which has a newer skull design:

SS Honor Ring

I specifically decided to review this version because out of all the SS Honor Rings offered by totenkopfrings.com, the skull on this one resembled an actual SS Honor Ring skull the most. I will let the pictures do most of the talking. For comparison's sake, Evgeniy's (https://totenkopfring.com/) 1944 version reproduction ring (size 9) is on the left and the ring being reviewed in on the right (size 11). Both rings are in new condition.

The second post in this thread shows the interior of the ring and the third post has my final thoughts. Hope you find this review helpful!

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/25/2023 08:58 PM
Interior pictures:

Attached picture A.jpg
Attached picture B.jpg
Attached picture C.jpg
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/25/2023 09:00 PM
All in all, the ring is OK from my point of view, especially considering the price (€45 plus shipping). Personally, I wouldn't buy any of the other SS Honor Rings offered by totenkopfrings.com because they are too far removed from the real thing, but this one could make a decent wear ring. Obviously, Evgeniy's SS Honor Rings are far superior, but this is a review, not a contest. Finally, this ring, and experience, was way better than what I got from sshonorring.com, so that is certainly a plus! grin
Posted By: ed773 Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/25/2023 09:07 PM
Not a ring guy, but, I would think that both rings should be in the same position when the photo is taken to make things easier to determine things.
Ed
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/25/2023 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by ed773
Not a ring guy, but, I would think that both rings should be in the same position when the photo is taken to make things easier to determine things.
Ed

They are, unless I misunderstand what you mean. The ring designs aren't perfectly proportional to each other, so what you see is pretty much as good as it is going to get.
Posted By: ed773 Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/25/2023 10:45 PM
Optical illusion??
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/25/2023 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by ed773
Optical illusion??

Uh, no. lol

Anyway, I'm not posting any more pics. Hopefully, these are good enough for most people. I put my rings back in my safe, and I don't want to get them out again. tired
Posted By: Gaspare Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/26/2023 01:59 AM
- Evgeniy's product is very good. Well made,,good, proper attention to the details,, And the price is excellent!

You bought these to wear? As representative piece for your collection? Or?
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/26/2023 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by Gaspare
- Evgeniy's product is very good. Well made,,good, proper attention to the details,, And the price is excellent!

You bought these to wear? As representative piece for your collection? Or?

Yep! I don't want to make this post about E's rings though, since we know all about them. I think the member named hapur makes the ring in the review.

I buy the rings mostly to wear. I wear a different one practically every day. grin
Posted By: Gaspare Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/27/2023 06:35 PM
Ah,, ok.. Well we know Es ring is a cast ring. Haps is a die pressed ring. Don't think any of that matters anymore..

- anyone that has had to take a bunch of photos of different jewelry will tell you how hard it can sometimes be! These photos will do fine..

I'd say with these 2 examples Es ring is the better if your wanting an exact reproduction.. Both upgrade their rings pretty often one way or another..

It used to be for many many years a die pressed ring would wear differently, read longer than a cast piece.... But with todays casting methods that might not be anymore..

* Thank you very much for the post and the side by side review.. ,G.
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review - 01/28/2023 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by Gaspare
Ah,, ok.. Well we know Es ring is a cast ring. Haps is a die pressed ring. Don't think any of that matters anymore..

- anyone that has had to take a bunch of photos of different jewelry will tell you how hard it can sometimes be! These photos will do fine..

I'd say with these 2 examples Es ring is the better if your wanting an exact reproduction.. Both upgrade their rings pretty often one way or another..

It used to be for many many years a die pressed ring would wear differently, read longer than a cast piece.... But with todays casting methods that might not be anymore..

* Thank you very much for the post and the side by side review.. ,G.

Thanks for the info; I learned a couple of things!
© Your new forums