UBB.threads
Posted By: Gaspare Some WW1 rings to check out: - 01/20/2023 03:23 AM
Saw the advert on another site. Not above me for some piracy!.. [IF I knew the site I would give credits].

IF you see a ring or advert or info on another site you think would be interesting to show here please post. Simply just give credit,, 'Photo credit ABC forum',etc..

Original advert. I cropped then made larger so we could see/study whats shown..All seem to be 800 silver some with enamel ,, From 1916,,enjoy:

Attached picture 1916 ad.jpg
Attached picture 1916 ad2.jpg
Attached picture 1916 ad3.jpg
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: Some WW1 rings to check out: - 01/20/2023 01:17 PM
Thank you....G.

Ric
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some WW1 rings to check out: - 01/26/2023 04:13 AM
Haven't checked my emails in a long time. Shop busy,,still have flood clean up,,[and another maybe tonight!]

anyway.. I had 2 emails saying how these 2 collectors love their WW1 rings and feel safe collecting them. That no one bothers to counterfeit them..

Well, hate to tell you guys this,,but check out this topic:

https://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=294794#Post294794

Its almost 10 years old. Look at how good the first 2 fakes are!! So be very careful guys!! WW1 , WWII, every pattern has been copied at one point or another. Just think how good they are now. Someone good with ageing and you got something that would pass with almost all of us!.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Some WW1 rings to check out: - 02/15/2023 02:00 AM
Attached photo: - Sorry I don't have the name who's collection these belong to. Usually I've give photo/ownership credits but this instance I don't have it. so,,,,:

- I am not really familiar with WW1 rings.. I know very few were from a mold. Most being from a die pressed like our rings.. Many were of high silver content,,900, 935, etc.
Most , especially these examples have plenty of colorful enamel.
Enamelling is expensive. And,,colors especially different shades are very expensive! And,,when you have to produce a large amount 50 + lets say getting them all the same is hard..

So is there anyone here that collect these unit rings.? Maybe have a example or 3 you can show us? The inner band finely finished off like ours? Are they usually hallmarked of any kind? content? ,maker?, etc.
Have the same soldered joining/sizing seam towards rear of band? Please, if you have an example put it up for those interested can see/inspect.. IF you have an old advertisement, article etc , put it up.. Much thanks...,G.

Attached picture ww1 ringsList.jpg
© Your new forums