UBB.threads
Posted By: Gaspare Gahr Runic Rings - 12/15/2022 01:57 AM
This advert is in the Gahr Silver Smith to the NSDAP book. Claimed it is runic rings made by the Otto Gahr Firm..

Have a member email me and ask about runic rings being period and are they SS.... - They were made during the period... There were a few other firms that made them.. Mainly used as wedding rings... Used by the SS? I am sure not a issued thing. Sure maybe a SS couple would have used them for wedding bands...

- There are also copies of these ring made! Not of the quality the originals and that was their downfall. ..

I used to have many years ago the ring with the red over it.. Years ago I gave it away as a present.. Missed it immediately... anyway,,, - Since then I have never seen another,,,nor any of the examples from the ad...
A runic ring is rare.. But they were made and available for a while probably pre war and shortly after.....,G.

Attached picture OGrune.jpg
Posted By: Evgeniy Re: Gahr Runic Rings - 12/15/2022 03:43 AM
I think this is not reliable information about runic rings related to the ss, someone came up with this story, I see fantasy rings in the photo, it all looks like a story about ss honorary rings that were supposedly hidden under some kind of rock, but this story is also invented and not reliable ))
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Gahr Runic Rings - 12/15/2022 04:01 AM
E. , this is in the Gahr Silversmith book of the NSDAP... Other than the HR there is no other actual rings shown it book..

- It is a period photo used in the book. It looks much clearer, my photo image got ruined.. In book also shows a period photo of a runic necklace and another piece I think..

I do not have the book anymore.. * Maybe a member has it and can post a scan of the page, or tell us what other period photos of which piece etc.

- I agree with you.. Just because they are runes doesn't mean they are SS rings !
Posted By: Evgeniy Re: Gahr Runic Rings - 12/15/2022 09:08 AM
If I understand you correctly, then you want to say that this photo is from a real catalog by Otto Gahr?
But I haven't come across anything suspicious, I mean no one has ever shown one of the 4 rings yet.
After all, they were not made in 10 or 20 pieces, it was mass production, but we did not have a single ring.
Why is that?
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Gahr Runic Rings - 12/15/2022 03:58 PM
E. , I don't have book anymore. It is either a period from catalog,,or from a newspaper.... I knew a couple collectors that said at one time they had one...

I owned the one in photo with the red over top.. It was a very well made ring, hi quality,,no hallmark,,had a 900 content mark...

Rare, but there are authentic rings that have never been seen. --- I have a couple of period advertisements of a pattern ring. To date no one has seen one nor is there a photo of one. Did they make it? Don't know, I continue to look...
I have a very early ring. I was shown a period advertisement of it [1931] but have never seen another or anything on it... It does happen..

- Maybe a collector will see this and post their runic ring!!..
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: Gahr Runic Rings - 12/23/2022 10:20 AM
Hell G. E.,

here's pic of page 78 from my personal copy of "Otto und Karolina Gahr - Die Sielberschmiede der NSDAP und der SS" book.

See book authors (Arthur Meyer & Heinrich W. Schild) interesting info below image taken from Gahr katalog.

Ric

P.S. to date I've never had chance to check in hands an original ring bearing runes around band.

Attached picture Gahr.Book-Pag78.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Gahr Runic Rings - 12/24/2022 02:40 AM
Ric man thanks SO much!
- I had the 2nd from left and let me tell you it was a beauty. . Hefty, great detail, fine finish.. I've also seen one that looked like the one on the extreme right but the one I saw had swastikas on it.. No way to tell who made it as it just had a silver content. .. Mine was eaxctly as shown,,content was 900,,don;t remember the other rings content..
- Ric, thanks again...,Gaspare..
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: Gahr Runic Rings - 12/24/2022 04:02 PM
G.,

I would love to own one of them, it seems the third from left has swastika on it being very similar to the one on the extreme right.

Rings description below pic say them made by gold, but it's hard to believe it looking at second from left.

Ric
© Your new forums