UBB.threads
Posted By: Gaspare Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/02/2022 02:14 AM
Wish there was more time .. Just saw this.. It appears to be a nice 2 piece 'Tank Tread' ring. As of 10pm EST you'd have to act quickly as it goes soon..

Wish I had more time to ask the owner for a better photo.. But I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it.. 2 piece, 800 marked,,seam at rear separated..

Check it out carefully,,make your own decision,,,IF it passes your muster you might just get lucky...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314161145039

Attached picture GDC.jpg
Attached picture GDC2.jpg
Attached picture GDC3.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/03/2022 02:33 AM
Wow,,, went for $100. more or less a bit... Great price! No complaining guys,,they are out there IF you have the patience,, and you look...
- Now if the economy would just be better for us all!!
Posted By: benten Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/03/2022 11:56 AM
Gaspare thank you for posting this ring .

As an addition, an ad, dated 1906. Perhaps it was posted in the forum before.

As far as I understand......... you could get the ring in two options on the front: a silveroxide skull( 1.25 Mark) or a goldplated skull( 1.75 Mark)? (Or is it only the silveroxide band for 1.25Mark only and inclusive the goldskull 1.75 Mark )?

In the ad is also mentioned that you could get silver Gymnastic and Bicycle rings.
Further info about catalogue, payment and shipping.
The rings can be exchanged .

Attached picture X  O (2)DW.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/03/2022 01:53 PM
-- Benten,, Have a similar ad but not dated.. 1906 has got to be the earliest I have seen for that pattern!.. The bands are most of the time the same finish. . Usually a silver wash or polished and its just the skull that gets either a silver wash or gilded... In the skull ring topic I'm pretty sure there are different band textures, finishes and different skulls..

Gymnastic and Bicycle rings,,,they sure had a ring for everything!

Well the ring went inexpensive, someone got a nice ring for a very good price..
Posted By: Mikee Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/03/2022 09:55 PM
Also that style band was used on other type rings not just the skull type.
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/18/2022 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Gaspare
Wish there was more time .. Just saw this.. It appears to be a nice 2 piece 'Tank Tread' ring. As of 10pm EST you'd have to act quickly as it goes soon..

Wish I had more time to ask the owner for a better photo.. But I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it.. 2 piece, 800 marked,,seam at rear separated..

Check it out carefully,,make your own decision,,,IF it passes your muster you might just get lucky...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314161145039

Hello G.,

if you need some pics, you only have to ask to new owner...... grin

Ric

P.S. I can confirm it has all you want to see
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/19/2022 02:12 AM
Just back from a little trip......

-- So glad is went to a member here. Its a really good catch you got!! SO, how about a few better photos!?

Is the inner band a nice smooth finish? [sometimes gilt, rare!].. Is the back separated?
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/21/2022 11:27 AM
Here's more pics and I hope they help to appreciate this nice ring.

Ric

Attached picture SkullRing1.JPG
Attached picture SkullRing2.JPG
Attached picture SkullRing3.JPG
Attached picture SkullRing4.JPG
Attached picture SkullRing5.JPG
Posted By: Stephen Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/21/2022 01:46 PM
Very nice. Congratulations Ric.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/22/2022 01:25 AM
Ric,,yeah thats an old one. VERY nice and a dead ringer for the one in the advert, Most had the silver wash and they all lost it very quickly!!

A fine representative example of this pattern... Congrats on the good catch and thanks for posting!
Posted By: Ric Ferrari Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/22/2022 12:38 PM
Glad you like it as I do

Ric
Posted By: Mikee Re: Tank tread skull ring about to go,,,,, - 10/23/2022 01:26 AM
Congratulations Ric! Awesome catch
© Your new forums