UBB.threads
Posted By: FortyTwoe Luftwaffe ring, opinions - 08/16/2022 10:44 AM
Hello!
Another ring for discussion, with the eagle.
Original or fake? It have cast marks on back, but how that types of ring was produced?
Casting or stamp?

Attached picture 33B7AEEA-B3F8-43CC-BE12-C2B14A1759DE.jpeg
Attached picture 3CE5650E-76B3-4111-A3C5-493CC9A7F915.jpeg
Attached picture FFCA2DF2-9385-4876-919E-7CBD326B31FB.jpeg
Posted By: FortyTwoe Re: Luftwaffe ring, opinions - 08/16/2022 02:46 PM
It’s a fake, found another examples
Sry for new theme here
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Luftwaffe ring, opinions - 08/17/2022 12:02 AM
I agree with you 42.... It is a popular pattern both during the war, , and after. wink... As with ALL collectables,,,if its worth money it WILL be counterfeited sooner or later!

This pattern was made with a press and a die... In good condition the detail is very nice. The band thin, tapers. . Also the inner is finely polished. I have seen many. I've never seen one with a maker mark and most do not even have a silver content stamp in the inner band.

If you do some searches around here on Luftwaffe ring, Luft. ring, etc. you will find more really nice authentic examples shown inside and out..

Posting this pretty worn authentic examples for a reason.. Because a good ring will have detail. Even when worn,,you can tell at one time it had good detail! Look at the top,,2 acorns,,,on the fake in much better condition you can't really tell what the hell they are!
Also,, a period 'in wear' photo.
And,, a period advert. The ring was part of a series of other designs.. Same bands, framing to cartouche [oaks, leafs ] etc. The other is the Heer pattern..

Attached picture uniform_deg1.jpg
Attached picture uniform_deg.jpg
Attached picture DAdegner.jpg
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Luftwaffe ring, opinions - 08/23/2022 01:30 PM
Not seen many of the heer pattern. Agree lots of copies as with anything
© Your new forums