UBB.threads
Posted By: wotan A TKring collector´s dream - 08/23/2021 11:47 AM
Hello collector friends, you know all that I am mainly a collector of edged weapons. But I have a strong weakness for SShonor rings. These days I could fulfill one of my dreams as collector of them. I did know this group within the family of the former wearer since years. After a long and hard period of waiting I finally could gain the group never having been in colletors hands before. I am aware of only one other such complete group which unfortunately was divided and the box is not with this other group any more. I am aware of one group where a box has been added postwar.
Please understand that I did anonymize the datas. The group is from ´44. The signature of HH is naturally an original, personal one.
Regards,

Attached picture 466a.jpg
Posted By: Vern Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/23/2021 01:44 PM
Fantastic wink
Posted By: JR Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/23/2021 01:44 PM
Absolutely outrageous!!!!! Congratulations!!
Posted By: Antonio Scapini Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/23/2021 01:46 PM
Something you can only see a handful of times in all your life.
Congratulation for this incredible find.
Posted By: Sarcasmos Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/23/2021 01:52 PM
Wow! Incredible find! I have only ever seen one other grouping like this, with original box and document. Congrats!
Posted By: Dean Perdue Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/23/2021 02:30 PM
Your patience is well rewarded.Good seeing it stay in Germany and in the hands of an appreciative care-taker.
Posted By: pvon Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/24/2021 12:36 AM
I think everyone has said it all!

Good for you to be able to get it!

PVON
Posted By: Mikee Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/24/2021 12:52 AM
wotan,

Absolutely the rarest of the rare. understatement! The box can be dated as well, right? Awesome! Congratulations!
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/24/2021 02:37 AM
Wonderful Wotan!
Posted By: wotan Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/24/2021 09:37 AM
Dear collector friends, I am overwhelmed by your interest and kind words! But you cannot imagine what the full heritage group of this certain SSleader consist of. I have to study documents, photographs and a lot of other items (including edged weapons, decorations). When I am through, which will take a little time, I will show you an overview.
@Mikee, this box did come with this group as said from the family so it should have been presented in ´44.
Regards,
Posted By: benten Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/24/2021 12:10 PM
Wotan, this is unique, my compliments!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/25/2021 04:12 AM
from family to you..The absolute best! Yes,, the magic word, patience! and when getting from a family another word,,respect.... You have your reward my friend. YOU now are the caretaker of this bit of history.. I hope you find his file and its inches thick!!!!!!!!!!!! , Congrats

[ you can slip in a few photos of the ring when you get the chance wink ] ....
Posted By: Tanker Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 08/26/2021 12:21 AM
It is nice history item. Would like to see some nice clear close up pics of the ring. Hopefully he can post more on it.
Posted By: Tanker Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 09/08/2021 05:11 PM
Will we see more pics??
Posted By: wotan Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 09/11/2021 05:32 PM
Finally had enough time to make the overview photograph. Could not get all the stuff in the pic (there are much mor photographs, papers, books and so on) but the most relevant items are here. The estate is missing some documents (eg the EK II doc) but because of cross-documentation, the certain award is mentioned in the SB, the WP and the personal file, all is really well documented.
The HStf never has been with the police but has privately bought and worn(! pics) the Police leader´s degen already as OSchf-and-leader-candidate. Others would call it a "photostudio prop" mad but true history tells us another story.
I know very well that there are much larger and much more prominent groups in the world but for me this one is still remarkable.
Regards

Attached picture 91a.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 09/11/2021 07:19 PM
Dam thats nice!! He either lost or used up his Soldbuch,,,that looks like the 2nd issue pattern...

What a grouping!!,,HR, doc,, dagger, sword, awards with docs, IDs, even his dog tag, etc. etc. Stunning....

I've seen groups like this get spilt up at shows right in front of my face and couldn't do a thing about it as I ,or anyone else, didn't have the money demanded by the seller..

You got it the right way,,from the family,,and patience [and I'm sure a bit of money!]... Thanks for letting us see it,,,,Congratulations!

[you know they're going to want to see better ring photos] wink grin
Posted By: morpheus! Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 09/11/2021 08:22 PM
Amazing group !!!
I am a little bit jealous shocked
Posted By: Vern Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 09/11/2021 08:53 PM
Very nice wink
Posted By: pvon Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 09/11/2021 10:26 PM
Amazing group!

Its a honor to just look at such thngs!

Most will never see such history in a group!

And for it not to be broken up by now is a very special!

Thanks for sharing!

PVON
Posted By: Sarcasmos Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 09/11/2021 10:51 PM
Once in a lifetime grouping! Spectacular!
Posted By: Tanker Re: A TKring collector´s dream - 09/11/2021 10:53 PM
It is great history. I hope it does not get broken up and sold just to make money. Something that has stayed together this long deserves to be preserved in it s entirety.
© Your new forums