UBB.threads
Posted By: Gaspare Finn Ring Upgrade! - 07/22/2021 04:46 AM
I like the Finnish 3rd reich era rings. They are well made, Usually enameled, hallmarked/date coded etc.

So I've had this Petsamo march ring for many years. It's plated very nice and the wear not too bad,,,,but no enamel!!

Attached picture DSCN4741.JPG
Attached picture DSCN4742.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 07/22/2021 04:51 AM
well, a little patience and praying grin and I was very fortunate enough to get this ring at a great price...

The band a bit more worn than my first one , but!,, nice full enamel!

It can be hard to find this ring in full enamel. As you can see with the empty one its not such a deep field for the enamel and that curved cartouche usually gets you this pattern with damaged enamel..

Attached picture DSCN4747.JPG
Attached picture DSCN4746.JPG
Attached picture DSCN4749.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 07/22/2021 04:54 AM
, some of my other Finn rings this Petsamo will now join... I have a couple others but these my favorite Finns!

Attached picture DSCN4752.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 07/22/2021 05:02 AM
These Finns I keep in a separate case with some 'other countries that were 'friendlies', collaborates etc. Ukrainian here, Estonian, Latvian, a Bulgarian youth, Albanian, CZ, Greek,,,,and some Germans the were causing a overflow...

Attached picture DSCN4758.JPG
Posted By: Stephen Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 07/22/2021 03:11 PM
Very nice, Gaspare. Thanks for posting. I have an interesting Latvian ring with an adjustable band and a rare Ustasha ring from Croatia. Nasty bunch, those Ustasha guys. They even shocked the SS!
Posted By: Mikee Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 07/22/2021 05:07 PM
Nice collection G,

I like those Thor hammer rings!
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 07/22/2021 06:14 PM
Great catch, G.

All things come to he who waits, is apparently a truth.

I have two Finnish rings, will post later.

Johnz
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 07/22/2021 08:10 PM
here they are

Attached picture Obverse.JPG
Attached picture Reverse2.JPG
Attached picture Two Petsamo.JPG
Attached picture MVC-306S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-307S.JPG
Attached picture Swas.JPG
Attached picture 1940.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 07/23/2021 01:25 PM
Thanks guys...

Mikee,, I've never been able to find a advert for those rings. I've had a few tell me they were a tradition badge for a RAD unit [info escapes me at the time]. And,,was later shown 2 photos of small badges on a m-43 so maybe its correct its a ring for the unit...

Spitfire,,we have a Latvian ring topic somewhere you can add to,,, or,,,,you can always make a new post and your Ustasha ring!

Very nice John! That square pattern is very hard to find in any condition!
Posted By: Mahler Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 02/08/2022 02:24 PM
That's a neat collection you got! I love the ring with the reindeer. I have a Swedish ring from "The Norrbotten Regiment" year 1943 ( panzer battalion ) in Northen Sweden near the Finnish border.

Attached picture norrbottenreg.jpg
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 02/08/2022 03:23 PM
Neat ring, Mahler.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 02/09/2022 10:35 PM
Great ring Mahler! ,,, are there any type of hallmarks/content etc on inner band??
Posted By: Mahler Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 02/21/2022 06:18 PM
Thank you!

From the left to right:
Makers mark -||- place mark / region mark where it was made -||- mark for Swedish silver ( nothing below .830 ) -||- Year stamp, what year it was made in

KIRSCH and SPORRONG are famous makers mark for Swedish military stuff. Those makers are officials within the military.

Attached picture IMG_20220221_185002-min.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Finn Ring Upgrade! - 02/21/2022 09:13 PM
Very very nice !,,,yes R8 = 1943,,, all proper and nice clear hallmarks... to me thats a rare ring that I bet not to many were made nor not to many survived! Congrats
© Your new forums