Attached picture web3.jpg
Attached picture web4.jpg
Posted By: benten Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/12/2021 09:18 AM
here some more pics........

Attached picture web4mark.jpg
Attached picture web5.jpg
Attached picture web6.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/12/2021 02:07 PM
Well,, I can tell you what you probably already know... This is a good known pattern, also that It has been copied for a long time and its one of the rings I was tricked on in the late 70s..[think I still have it].. Some of the newer counterfeits of the last 20 years have been very good...

Originals have been unstamped and stamped. Period advertisements just list them as in Silber... Can you get a better/clearer shot of the content mark?
Posted By: benten Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/12/2021 07:00 PM
Here the good result after some dusting with my home made 6 hairs-brush. wink The mark is 835 . I also made a pic of the band ; it is thin behind and a bit convex.

Attached picture web 7 (1).jpg
Attached picture web 7 (2).jpg
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/13/2021 12:14 AM
Cartouche looks to be quite similar to an SS dagger grip “button” or roundel. Is it the same size? I don’t recall dagger roundel diameters, but I’m sure someone here does.
Posted By: benten Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/13/2021 04:17 PM
This ring came direct from the family.

I also don't know the size of the cartouche of a ss-dagger........

On a website of Weitze,some years ago, there was a SS-memeber pin(backsite stamped Hoffstätter Bonn ges.gesch.with the number ) . Here was mentioned the diameter of 13mm.
The diameter of the cartouche of the ring is also 13mm.
Posted By: wotan Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/13/2021 08:55 PM
Regards,

Attached picture Verbot v Verwendung dr SSZivilabz auf Ringen.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/14/2021 03:22 AM
yes a nice ring! , and a nice clear content stamp in it, [835]...

Wotan,,that looks wonderful and I can catch maybe 3 words out of it, grin,,something about not having the SS-FM on a ring [?],,,maybe a short translation??
Posted By: Mikee Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/14/2021 03:38 AM
wotan,

Interesting. Thank you for posting it.
Posted By: Stephen Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/15/2021 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Gaspare

Wotan,,that looks wonderful and I can catch maybe 3 words out of it, grin,,something about not having the SS-FM on a ring [?],,,maybe a short translation??

Benten, I like that ring a lot. I have the same pattern, albeit it is in suspiciously good condition.

Hi Gaspare, Wotan's post reads:

Ziff. 10: Betr. Fingerringe mit SS-Zivilabzeichen
Unter Bezugnahme auf das SS-Befehls-Blatt 10/35 vom 25.10.1935, Ziff. 2, wird erneut darauf ausmerksam gemacht, dass die Herstellung und das Tragen von Fingerringen mit Nachbildungen oder eingelassenen sowie ausgesekten SS-Zivilabzeichen nach wie vor verboten ist.

In English:

Item 10: Concerning finger rings with SS civilian insignia
With reference to SS Order Sheet 10/35 of 25 October 1935, paragraph 2, it is again pointed out that the manufacture and wearing of finger rings with replicas or embedded and engraved SS insignia is still forbidden.
Posted By: Stephen Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/15/2021 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Mike (aka Byzanti)
Cartouche looks to be quite similar to an SS dagger grip “button” or roundel. Is it the same size? I don’t recall dagger roundel diameters, but I’m sure someone here does.
Mike,
They are similar, as I guess you would expect, but the SS runes on the dagger are noticeably smaller than on the ring. Also, the runes on the dagger are fatter than those on the ring.
Cheers,
Stephen

Attached picture tempimageqjrlju.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/15/2021 03:37 PM
Bentens ring is nice.. Some [as mentioned] came content stamped, some not, , some with no black in skull area.,,,and alwaays with the runes slightly tilted!.

Here is a postcard with 3 super rings. SS rings were rarely advertised. This is the closest we have to that pattern...

- SpitfireVB,,,Thanks very much for the translation.. I think it more of a warning than anything else.. I've never seen a SS-FM ring I believed to be authentic!.....

Attached picture SSGDC.jpg
Posted By: Stephen Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/15/2021 05:11 PM
- SpitfireVB,,,Thanks very much for the translation.. I think it more of a warning than anything else.. I've never seen a SS-FM ring I believed to be authentic!.....

Hi Gaspare, pardon my ignorance but what is an SS-FM ring? What does FM stand for?
Posted By: benten Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/15/2021 05:48 PM
Bentens ring is nice.. Some [as mentioned] came content stamped, some not, , some with no black in skull area.,,,and alwaays with the runes slightly tilted!.

Here is a postcard with 3 super rings. SS rings were rarely advertised. This is the closest we have to that pattern...

Gaspare, thank you so much for posting this unique postcard and for your complement about my ring.
Benten
Posted By: benten Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/15/2021 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by SpitfireVb

Benten, I like that ring a lot. I have the same pattern, albeit it is in suspiciously good condition.

Hi Gaspare, Wotan's post reads:

Ziff. 10: Betr. Fingerringe mit SS-Zivilabzeichen
Unter Bezugnahme auf das SS-Befehls-Blatt 10/35 vom 25.10.1935, Ziff. 2, wird erneut darauf ausmerksam gemacht, dass die Herstellung und das Tragen von Fingerringen mit Nachbildungen oder eingelassenen sowie ausgesekten SS-Zivilabzeichen nach wie vor verboten ist.

In English:

Item 10: Concerning finger rings with SS civilian insignia
With reference to SS Order Sheet 10/35 of 25 October 1935, paragraph 2, it is again pointed out that the manufacture and wearing of finger rings with replicas or embedded and engraved SS insignia is still forbidden.

Stephen , thank you for your translation of the "Verbot" document, the picture with your SS-ring and SS dagger and the complement for my ring.
Benten
Posted By: benten Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/15/2021 06:00 PM
Wotan, I know about the "Verbot", but!! I have never seen it written on a period document, very interesting! Thank you.

Finally in 1935, after several years of production these rings were forbidden.
There are only a few left.

Benten
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS runes ring with skulls - 06/15/2021 06:39 PM
photo credit WAF:

It really was more of a warning. I have never seen a SS-FM ring or even a line drawing for one....... IF you donated enough or whatever you got the special numbered pin..

Attached picture SSFM.jpg
© Your new forums