UBB.threads
Posted By: benten Skullring with Poppy - 12/31/2020 04:02 PM
Long time ago I placed this ring on the forum. Now I' ve made new, better, pics . The ring has been broken en repaired on several places .

Attached picture WEB A (1).jpg
Attached picture WEB A (2).jpg
Attached picture WEB A (3).jpg
Attached picture WEB A (4).jpg
Attached picture WEB A (5).jpg
Posted By: benten Re: Skullring with Poppy - 12/31/2020 04:08 PM
.... the ring is marked with 2 marks : one mark F and star. And one 800 .

Attached picture WEB A (6).jpg
Attached picture WEB A (7).jpg
Attached picture WEB A (8).jpg
Posted By: Mikee Re: Skullring with Poppy - 12/31/2020 05:35 PM
Hey beaten, F* is the Frey company. Nice ring and great photo skills as always. Have always wondered what the depiction is on the side of the ring under the crossed bones. A shield? A wheel w/ a daisy flower and molars maybe pedals? What is your take on what is symbolized?
Posted By: Stephen Re: Skullring with Poppy - 12/31/2020 06:33 PM
That is a nice ring, Benten. I have one of the same pattern. This is one of my favourite skulls. A big chunky brute!
My photos are not nearly as good as yours. The silver mark is 800 but the other mark is illegible.

Attached picture totenkopf-14d.jpg
Attached picture totenkopf-14e.jpg
Attached picture totenkopf-14f.jpg
Posted By: benten Re: Skullring with Poppy - 01/01/2021 09:21 AM
First of all ....,,,, A Happy and a Healthy Newyear to everybody !! smile

Mikee, good question, I also don't know what is depicted on the side of the ring under the crossed bones...looks something like a herbal motive to fill up the space ?

Stephen, a very well done design. I love the Poppy and crossbones ; It is nicely elaborated and has good volume.

Thank you both for the complements smile
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Skullring with Poppy - 01/01/2021 06:33 PM
Benten,, Ukraine's flower was the Poppy. so thats the poppy behind the bones on the band. [seen clearly on Spitfires] Ahead, towards skull,,I agree,something floral.. Daisies are there, also another in abundance - has the yellow thin leafs[pedals?] and a dark brown small center. Don't know the name but have seen 1000s of them there..

F - star in the oval is Freys early hallmark.. Inner band looks weird. Is the rest of inner like that? could it be one big repair/replacement at one time?
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Skullring with Poppy - 01/02/2021 04:21 AM
found a few other photos. 1 of mine,,2 of Odals.. Usually design goes way towards back of band.. A popular pattern as there are a bunch of variants...

Attached picture BENTEN-006.jpg
Attached picture BENTENODAL.JPG
Attached picture BENTENODAL2.JPG
Posted By: benten Re: Skullring with Poppy - 01/02/2021 09:37 AM
Very nice Gaspare ! Thanks for showing them .

Yes, the band of my ring has a sanded flat back part.
© Your new forums