UBB.threads
Posted By: bgrelics Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/30/2018 01:26 PM
I bought this ring and other items from the veterans son. Can someone tell me the value of this ring? Could it be Paratrooper or just a Luft ring? I do not see any markings on the inside.
Thanks,
Bob

Attached picture MVC-001F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-002F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-003F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-004F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-005F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-006F.JPG
Posted By: bgrelics Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/30/2018 01:27 PM
There is better detail in the ring then my pictures show.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/30/2018 02:07 PM
Luftwaffe air gunners ring. I have a similar piece I bought with Gaspare last max.
Posted By: Dave Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/30/2018 04:19 PM
Mike - How do you it is an Air Gunner's ring rather than something else .... and what is the value so Bob can sell it here?

Bob - maybe post a few more pictures ?

Dave
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/30/2018 05:55 PM
It is hard to tell from the pictures but those are lightning bolts in the talons like the patch I believe. Value is tricky, tough to tell from the pictures but Gaspare and Andy really know more than me on market for these.
Posted By: bgrelics Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/30/2018 06:00 PM
No, They are not lightening bolts.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/30/2018 06:37 PM
They dont look like it because they almost look sort of wilted, same on mine- hard to see because they wore quickly but the radio or lightning bolts whatever they are (so maybe radio operators?) but that is what they are supposed to be. Maybe yours is different though Bob. That is all I know-
Best
Mike
Posted By: polop Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/30/2018 06:41 PM
they should be lightning bolts
Posted By: bgrelics Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/30/2018 08:17 PM
They are the talons of the eagle. Like I said before the detail is better then the pictures. Still looking for a value!!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/31/2018 03:41 AM
good known pattern .. It's been copied for many many years. and a easy ring to copy..

You really need to post a clear shot of the front and another of the inside and a top view [birds eye]
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/31/2018 05:00 AM
Mike and Polop are exactly right,, its lightning bolts,,just a bit sloppy.. Here's another pattern,,not much better but you get the idea.. And as mentioned copied expertly so you really need the photos before you can start calling it authentic

I have one just can't get to it.. Mike,, you have one,,unless its gone already,,,post a photo of just that area... On that pattern they just sort of look wilted...

Attached picture zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzrg5.jpg
Attached picture zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzFliegerschützen.png
Posted By: bgrelics Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/31/2018 01:19 PM
Here is a better picture

Attached picture MVC-007F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-008F.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/31/2018 02:52 PM
no my friend. That is not good enough! The ring has been copied very well for a number of years.. Clear and need one side shot,,and one overhead shot... This took 2 hrs to dig out.. These are pretty good photos . Yours has to be much much better..

Attached picture DSCN3163.JPG
Attached picture DSCN3166.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/31/2018 03:17 PM
I've had this ring since the 70s. ALL of this pattern with the lazy lightning bolts have the exact band, [same sides and super thin rear of band..

you need the good photos to see if there were casting signs that got worn over the years. Or other signs we can inspect for to see if its a copy.. Like the rear band,,has to be very thin like the photos,,,and from rear taper up nice and even to the front of the ring..

Attached picture DSCN3162.JPG
Attached picture DSCN3160.JPG
Posted By: ed773 Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/31/2018 11:14 PM
I see NO lightening bolts. But I know nothing, nothing.
Ed
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 08/31/2018 11:53 PM
look at the drawing.. Ring to the left.. IF my ring,,and yours was mint, or very good shape you would see it better. Luft. Lazy lightning bolts..Hard to see but small talons gripping lazy bolts... Regardless your band is part of the series. All with the super thin band, nice taper back to the cartouche [front]. Your photos are just not good enough to determine authenticity.. Ask around,,maybe someone has a cam with 'Macro' and take some good photos for you....
Posted By: bgrelics Re: Luftwaffe Ring - vet p/u - 09/01/2018 07:15 PM
Well,
Lets say the ring is 100% original, which I would say it is. Everything else I bought from this person is original. So with this being said, what is the value??
thanks,
Bob
© Your new forums