UBB.threads
Posted By: Gaspare Was on my 'Most Wanted' list - 02/20/2018 05:10 AM
Well its not even German! I've been looking for this ring for years..
For me it had to be perfect. Slightly worn,,but in good condition.. They made a version which was 2 piece. Their standard blank and a emblem soldered on . And then there was the one piece.. I wanted the one piece.
So after all these years I finally manage to find and get one..
Hard to date exactly,,but I'd say a good chance its right after the war.. I had a Great Uncle in a tank destroyers unit attached to the 45th. I guess he's going to have to share a box with some Axis guys but he'll manage! wink

Attached picture DSCN2493.JPG
Attached picture DSCN2491.JPG
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Was on my 'Most Wanted' list - 02/20/2018 10:25 PM
Great piece G. Congrats!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Was on my 'Most Wanted' list - 02/23/2018 02:59 AM
having problem posting photos! a little test,,,,lets see,,,

Attached picture DSCN2492.JPG
Posted By: lore vergessen Re: Was on my 'Most Wanted' list - 05/21/2018 03:37 AM
that's a really rare one. Congrats, and it is def WW2. These are impossible to find.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Was on my 'Most Wanted' list - 11/14/2023 03:02 AM
Here's another... Great looking rings,,,but $700 big ones!! crazy??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204485458686

Someone wanting this rare pattern should bring him back to reality and offer him half his asking price!!

Attached picture TD.jpg
Posted By: ed773 Re: Was on my 'Most Wanted' list - 11/14/2023 12:26 PM
That one is in really bad shape Gas, not a collector.
Half price, that's what I say every time I see something I want, know what you mean.
Posted By: benten Re: Was on my 'Most Wanted' list - 11/15/2023 12:39 PM
G., yes, it gives a very good feeling to find a ring, you always wanted .
With text Tank Destroyers and lion’s front, this nice ring looks sturdily ( if this is the correct word)

I found another Tank Destroyers ring with some information.

Same maker mark: Grouse Co.:
https://www.lot-art.com/auction-lot...NG-RING-WW2/130-wwii_u-17.4.21-milestone
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Was on my 'Most Wanted' list - 11/15/2023 01:38 PM
this topic is a few years old... And US enamels have gone up in price considerably.. But you still have to be careful. $700. for the above ring is high to me. But thats because I got that nice one 5 years ago at a good price even for back then..

Its hard for the collector now.. There are very few authentic rings out there.. The new collectors just want SS crazy.. , And the lack of available rings have driven up the prices on all rings..

- Yeah its tough out there now.. Who knows maybe that ring will bring in $700. We'll see!
© Your new forums