UBB.threads
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Attempt #2 for some discussion..,. - 08/23/2017 12:13 AM
Ok! Well since we are all holding on to our rings like smeegul lately, and there really hasn't been much sharing either... I'll dig for more eBay gold! (And there will be some rings coming from yours truly for sale.... advance requests (specific requests) are welcome)... more eBay gold!! This one bills itself I would guess quite correctly as post ww2 and Finnish- but how gorgeous!! Comments or thoughts?

Attached picture IMG_9089.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9090.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9091.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9092.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Attempt #2 for some discussion..,. - 08/23/2017 06:55 PM
Good work Mike.. There are certain slow periods,,AND the biggest problem is the shortage of 'good' rings!

Finn ring are beauties .. It all depends on the date code in the band.. IF there is one maybe you can post..
Posted By: goodtimes Re: Attempt #2 for some discussion..,. - 08/24/2017 01:45 AM
ya this ring forum lately is snooze-ville!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Attempt #2 for some discussion..,. - 08/24/2017 05:34 AM
it happens time to time. I've been here 15 year or so and seen the membership change many times.. On the other big site on their SS section all you see is questions about SS visor cap devices! and camo!. Get tiring seeing the same thing and answers over and over. Some guys done't even try to learn what they are collecting
! Helmets to,,kind of dead right now. Guys don't trust them.
Cloth ? always has been a problem.
Medals & Badges? I've seen excellent copies of SWBs and GABs years ago in Warsaw. I've had guys tell me that SS buckles are done perfectly the last few years. The counterfeiters are smarter now. They don't flood the market, don't keep it to one country.

The right materials, the right equipment and its not really hard. It is not rocket science! Doesn't seem strange there seems to be a never ending supply of certain pieces. I realize sometimes a million pieces were literally made of one medal/badge during the war. But thru time , wear and tear, the war,,it seems though everyone has loads of mint pieces!.

Me,,I'd rather see a SS blackie ring then a SS helmet anyday. I'd rather see a worn WestWall ring then WestWall medal anyday!

Also around this time in the US many guys start saving up for the MAX show and it gets slower as you get closer to the show [in Oct.]

Well, to each his own..
As always the real #1 problem is availability.
.#2 is to get a ring at a fair price.

Keep your eyes open guys and happy hunting....,G.
Posted By: odal Re: Attempt #2 for some discussion..,. - 08/24/2017 05:57 PM
Holidays and good weather everywhere.
So the guys playing outside and not with the pc grin
© Your new forums