UBB.threads
Posted By: The_Collector Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/14/2017 11:50 AM

Hi guys , A collector friend purchased this Bakelite ring , he is not a ring collector so I offered a trade for some militiaria he liked so the Ring might be with me next week , I am hoping anyway ,

A few members might of already seen it , Bakelite facist ring with aluminum swastika ,

Very interested to know some opinions from more experienced ring collectors ,

upload pics
Posted By: odal Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/14/2017 12:06 PM
How is the swas affixed ?
Posted By: The_Collector Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/14/2017 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: odal
How is the swas afixex

I wish I knew Odal ! , if the trade goes ahead might get it X-rayed , a vet friend might do it
Yes we've seen it on emedals- I wondered myself how it was affixed.... but appears similar to other fascist rings I've seen with a separate cartouche (in this case the swas/fasces) ... so that's a plus, and if it is Bakelite that's good too, IMHO. The only other question that comes up for me when it comes to these rings is when it was constructed. If I had to guess I'd say it's probably period or close to it- the only concern I really see with Italian WW2 items is desirability and value. On the plus side - Its got the one thing that makes it collectible right on the front and we all know it's not the bunch of bundled sticks....
Posted By: polop Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/14/2017 02:17 PM
i'm sure I can see a hole on the inside for a plug or screw fixing.it looks a nice and probably rare ring, ive never seen a Bakelite ring before
Posted By: wotan Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/14/2017 03:00 PM
I can hardly imagine that such kind of a ring has been produced. When you examine the pics you can see that the emblem is overlapping the ring a lot (even it would be relocated "uppwards"). You would get stuck in nearly each clothing which comes near.
So the way of fixation is mostly insignificant.
Bakelit has been a kind of valuable material at these times so such a sloppy or even stupid way of fixation would not be characteristic.
Just my personal thoughts.
Regards,

Attached picture IFRing.JPG
Posted By: odal Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/14/2017 05:25 PM
Yes, Bakelite or Galalith wee rather common.

If fixed with a pin or similar maybe it fits perfect while turning 180 degrees.

Here an other pic that looks fine i think

Attached picture bakelite.jpg
Posted By: The_Collector Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/14/2017 11:20 PM
Thankyou for the replies gentlemen , I will post better pics when traded hopefully this week ,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/15/2017 01:49 AM
I saw that ring in hand.....quality was very low.....
Posted By: wotan Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/15/2017 02:14 AM
Originally Posted By: odal
Yes, Bakelite or Galalith wee rather common.

If fixed with a pin or similar maybe it fits perfect while turning 180 degrees.

Here an other pic that looks fine i think

To me it the certain pic looks like showing the same (wrong) fixation.
Due to the dimension of the Liktorenbuendel I personally think it canīt be fixed without overlapping the ring itself.

Regards,
Posted By: The_Collector Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/15/2017 04:17 AM
I have an original metal and brass variation of this ring and the swastika does overlap with the dot points on the emblem , the pic I've shown (I did not take) was taken on a top angle making it appear as if it's even more overlapped so to speak ,

The Bakelite has all the same diamesions as the metal type going by the pics and shape of the Bakelite ring
Posted By: The_Collector Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/15/2017 04:21 AM
Originally Posted By: chris12559
I saw that ring in hand.....quality was very low.....

In what way ?

The swasika looks to be in fantastic condition just like my metal type of this ring ,
And Bakelite ring has the exact same sizing and diamesions going by the type I have ,

It's just Bakelite ring with emblem affixed , similar to the all metal type
Posted By: The_Collector Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/15/2017 04:36 AM
2 pics showing different angles making one look overlapping but other pic showing no issues ,

The Bakelite ring pics are a optical illusion just like what I've just shown ,

And I've just changed contrast on Bakelite ring pic , shows 2 mounting areas that I did not notice thanks polop

Appreciate the comments guys ,

Polop your right , just changed contrast and shows 2 mount areas

free picture upload
image upload no ads
Posted By: The_Collector Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/16/2017 06:26 AM
apologies for the oversize pics in previous comment
Posted By: The_Collector Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/17/2017 05:00 AM
together at last , made the trip and sealed the deal... fixing holes are very small and well executed , fine contact markings on bakelite ring , emblem appears to be a exact match in every detail , isn't it amazing how things look much better in hand .

click image upload
Posted By: odal Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/17/2017 06:58 AM
I really like both.
For me both nice period rings.
Posted By: polop Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/17/2017 08:36 AM
good score,thanks for showing
Posted By: Mark4321 Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/17/2017 10:06 AM
An awesome pair of rings...
Posted By: The_Collector Re: Bakelite German Italian Facist Ring - 01/18/2017 10:05 AM
Thankyou for the kind words
© Your new forums