Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) New west wall ring - 12/04/2015 11:38 AM
Just found this guy....

Attached picture image.jpeg
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 07:03 AM
Byz...,,,its a good known pattern.. And yes it is reproduced.
Looks ok from the outside. Can't really see inner band.. You can always compare it to one on the WW topic..
Posted By: hapur Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 09:27 AM
On a last pic it looks "filled" and not hollow. If you could provide better inside pic it would help. From pic I see it looks like there is at least some alterations inside. Outside looks good.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 02:41 PM
I'll get some better pics....thanks guys!
Posted By: odal Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 06:14 PM
Backsite you have to see the "mirror" of the plate.
I agree with hapur...looks like filled with solder or somewhat similar, but still could be a good ring.
A not so rare pattern, usually nickel plated.
Posted By: Gottlieb Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 06:27 PM
I have seen things like that before. This filler it is probably lead.
Posted By: odal Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 06:33 PM
wink
Yes, good be.
Ring itself Looks rel not bad wink
Posted By: DAK1941 Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 06:36 PM
Byz, I talked to the original seller...it is filled in with lead...nice enough, but I passed on it..
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 06:50 PM
Lol!!!
Posted By: Militarynut Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 07:05 PM
hi mike
appears nice honest west wall ring this is what i see now but better pictures of inside might prove different . have to also take inside picture of shank appears to possibly be a knick to the shank or an old repair the side that possibly shows old soldier might just be built up of green crud . from the age of the yellow brass better oictures will prove it not soldered or just green crud i just cant get it in my head why any one would soldier a plate oninside of a ring like this in my personal opinion mike i believe you have a winner here best of luck looking foward to better pictures so we all can sleep good tonight best andy militarynuttonight
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New west wall ring - 12/05/2015 07:24 PM
Thanks Andy, guys- I'll get some pics..,
Posted By: Gaspare Re: New west wall ring - 12/06/2015 06:53 AM
Lead? confused,,and it looks like they colored it also.

You know,,don't think I've ever seen one of these in mint condition silver wash and all. Anyone have one in that condition?.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New west wall ring - 12/10/2015 03:14 AM
More pics- doesn't appear to be lead or tin solder it's not too heavy but was clearly done to give it some weight and make it smoother and wearable which it is! Looks like it was not done recently do u think guys filled them in back then ever for that reason?

Posted By: odal Re: New west wall ring - 12/10/2015 06:07 AM
Yes, looks like a nice period ring with the backside filled.
The only reason for this i can imagine is more comfort in wearing.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: New west wall ring - 12/10/2015 06:36 AM
that really looks like lead..

Wash hands, dry well. Wear for an hour or 2 at the most,,IF your finger is blackish,,its got lead in it...

Oh yeah,,wash your finger off again real good! wink
Posted By: hapur Re: New west wall ring - 12/10/2015 10:03 AM
it is tin or lead can not say from pic. I don't think it is done for more comfortable wear. At least in my opinion more comfortable are hollow rings (sweat etc). I would guess that things changes when you fight. When you hit something with hollow finger it will cut your skin. Filled back could save your finger.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New west wall ring - 12/10/2015 11:25 AM
Interesting point hap- never thought about that-/ also I will wear it tomorrow (not too many more times if it's lead) and see how my finger looks,,,
Posted By: hapur Re: New west wall ring - 12/10/2015 11:48 AM
Whatever it is it will definitely paint your finger smile
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New west wall ring - 12/11/2015 12:07 AM
Well interestingly enough I wore it today and my finger got darker everywhere EXCEPT where the filler was - and I didn't get a rash like w nickle...weird!
I do think it's some softish filler though in no doubt an original ring..,actually it wore really comfy !
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New west wall ring - 12/11/2015 12:09 AM
Odal I think u were right too
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New west wall ring - 12/17/2015 08:12 PM
Spiral variety... The "original" ww ring!

Posted By: Militarynut Re: New west wall ring - 12/18/2015 11:45 AM
hi mike
great looking hard to find west wall sprial ring dont see them around much . i would like to say this to all who looks here on gdc ring forum i believe members like you with this much energy should be put up by dave /vern for a promotion badge what say guys dave /vern can you take care of this badge of honor for our member mike here that has for the last year or so kept our ring forum the best and most posts on the whole gdc site thank you god bless all andy militarynut
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New west wall ring - 12/18/2015 09:30 PM
Thanks for the kind words Andy- getting to learn from and share with you all has been reward enough. Thanks to all of you here on Gdc- I am getting the greatest education of my life. Besides making some great new friends, nothing beats that! -Byz
Posted By: Gaspare Re: New west wall ring - 12/19/2015 02:15 AM
nice one Mike.. and needed in every collection!

Yes Much thanks to all that participate here. There are forums here on GDC that have s new post a few times a year!! I got to say,,YOU guys have made this the busiest ring forum out there.
We have a great international membership, and many are long time ring collectors,,

I thank you guys for your efforts, and for showing us the great rings that we all get to see. Our forum is one of the busiest forums on GDC!
© Your new forums