UBB.threads
Posted By: Newton Rare SS Private Purchase Runes Ring for Auction - 03/16/2015 03:34 AM
I didn't know Ebay existed in the 1940's
If this violates any Forum Rules Please Delete
History Hunt
My god!
What a piece of ..........! laugh
lol
This is a query I sent the Owner/Auctioneer about the ring. No answer yet

You believe this to be original? I have never seen an original III Reich
ring with a copyright mark
Offering items like this and the 1918 US Knuckleduster as Original
cast a big shadow on the originality of the rest of your items. But
hey if that's how you want to run you business, Have at it
Newton
Newton - You really expect an answer?

That sounds more like an insult than a 'query'.

Dave
Junk ring got 13 bids so far !!!!!!!

Ric
Originally Posted By: Dave
Newton - You really expect an answer?

That sounds more like an insult than a 'query'.

Dave

Yes I may have been a little harsh in my E-Mail
But I did receive a response from Craig
He acknowledges the 1918 Knuckleduster was listed as Original when it is a Repro and will be corrected
He stands by his SS Ring as Original
And I gave him some more info to ponder

Hi,

I’m sorry you disagree with the originality of the ring in question. I disagree with you, but that’s okay … just don’t bid on it. We have 450 artifacts in this auction, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM is covered by my unconditionally, fully transferrable, lifetime guarantee of authenticity. NO other auction on the planet has that. When you combine low opening bids and no reserves, you get the safest place to shop.

I run my business with the highest degree of ethics and best practices. If there is a legitimate issue, such as the 1918 Knuckle Duster, which SHOULD be listed as a reproduction and not an original (one or two mistakes are ALWAYS made but caught by diligent people like yourselves, and instantly corrected), please feel free to contact us.

Vera: please ask Erich to ensure that the Knuckle Duster is labeled as a reproduction.

Regards,

Craig Gottlieb

Hi Craig

I'm glad you will be correcting the Knuckleduster, but the SS Ring is bad based on the markings inside:

G&S 12 (SIZE) 85© (Copyright 1985)

I did a Google Search for G & S Rings

https://www.google.com/search?q=g%26s+rings&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&rlz=1I7RNVB_enUS577&biw=1600&bih=775&tbm=isch&imgil=uaziAG7PvgOKYM%253A%253BuAQdWcxxdB8cMM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.treasurenet.com%25252Fforums%25252Fwhat%25252F300295-g-s-ring-identification.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=uaziAG7PvgOKYM%253A%252CuAQdWcxxdB8cMM%252C_&usg=__4zNLf-zYX-Uva2ypWYmAZTrvZJQ%3D

I hope you reconsider your evaluation and hopefully come to the same conclusion as I have

My apology for being a little harsh in my original E-Mail

Newton
Just another one of these rare "fantasy fakes "

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ring-ss-lighting-bolts-nazi-dreaded-gestapo-german-69565386
Says "item not found" now on the history hunt link. Maybe it got removed?
guys its good to post a link,,but the photos will disappear soon. always try when you can and photo photos of the piece..

That Craig could even entertain for a sec the ring could be authentic is disturbing,,it has a ******** copywrite symbol in it! Probably the worst attempt of a 3rd reich ring I've ever seen..

Attached picture 1bc959ff2De2e22D46742D97bd2D0e73235fe978201421.jpg
Attached picture 8ad8e5752D7fa82D49302D932a2D19df25f9264a201427.jpg
Omg. It does have a copyright symbol. Thats just...beyond the pale, really. IMHO.
I received another E-Mail from Craig
And he was coming to the realization that it might be
a Repro/Fantasy Item
Everyone makes mistakes and possibly it was overlooked
by an intern or someone with no knowledge of ring markings
Newton
Here's Craigs Response:
I have just spoken to the company that made these, and you are probably correct … she’s going to be asking someone tomorrow, to confirm. But the markings are consistent with their products, so I am withdrawing it from the auction.

And, I accept your apology for being too harsh. Every auction cycle, one or two items slip through, but are always caught well before the auction ends.

I’m copying Vera on this, who will be sending out an email to the bidders. I will mention it in the next newsletter. Please feel free to share your experience with me, online … I can always use good feedback, to combat the lies of the “haters” who think I’m out to screw people over.

Vera: Please delete.

Regards,

Craig Gottlieb
History Hunter
What? spoke to the company about it?. Only a total moron would need to do that or list it as original in the first place. Man is a hack, a total hack and you dont even need to be a hater to see that.
© Your new forums