UBB.threads
Posted By: Alexander Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 11/27/2014 07:47 AM
Hello!

I'd like to make my first post to this form a bit of a big request.
I'm looking for someone who makes reproductions of honor rings that can personally size and inscribe them.

The story behind my request.
Although I know very little about the specifics, apparently there is an original honor ring in the family, I personally have never seen it, but I have been told by my now late grandfather and surviving older uncles that it belonged originally to an ancestor of mine named "Heinz Badenhop" my mother's family in America still carries a modified version of the original name as "Badenhope" an attempt at making it easier for English speakers to pronounce correctly, although it still is always butchered. He was (as I've been told) and as I've been able to find out through limited research with records and family letters and the German War Graves Commission's search ability. Born in 1924 in Gilten and fell into soviet hands very late in the war. He died/was worked to death/was executed in Soviet captivity in 1946.

As stated above, I have never seen the original ring, and can't fully verify the tale, but regardless would love to have a reasonable reproduction of it made, they are all very similar in basic appearance and only the inner band differed from ring to ring in the wide sense of things. I'd like a very good replica made, something that honors the man that originally wore it and earned the right to wear it. I do not want something that is so convincing that it could be sold off as a real one though, something well made and very real looking, made from the same quality metal and cast correctly, but not a fake.

Does anyone know of someone that does custom made reproductions that could be sized correctly for my finger and that could be inscribed with his family name in the correct font and everything. I'm unsure of its original award date, so I will just choose a random date that fits within the timeline that he was likely to have been awarded it.

I've heard good thing about a gentleman named "Hapur" that makes customized high quality rings in the original materials with original equipment, but can't find any way to contact him or know of anyone who does.

Any idea of the costs involved?

Any information anyone can give would be very much appreciated!

I'd like to end this with a statement that I am not a "nazi" or believe in what they fought for, but I did have a-lot of family that did, 13 of them were killed in WWII in service to Germany. I have no respect for the ideals that they may have fought for, and I'm sure to an extent they didn't either. But I do respect them and honor them for the very real sacrifice that the rendered unto their people and their nation, I've never liked how people talk about all Germans and German soldiers of the era as monsters. They were ordinary men doing what they thought was right for their nation. And I can respect that. I have many of their grave sites pinpointed and plan on visiting a few of them each time I travel with every new trip I take to Europe.

I'll end this with an interesting but unrelated picture of my Great Grandfather (Johannes Friedrich Heinrich Badenhop) posing for a picture with his friends during the first world war.
Hes the shorter gentleman on the bottom, second from the left. He did, thankfully come home, and brought a-lot of mental scars home with him. He left for America in the early 1920's leaving most of his family behind.

Many thanks and best wishes of a happy thanksgiving
-Alexander Ross
Posted By: odal Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 11/27/2014 12:16 PM
Thanks for sharing the story here.

In the case of a a ring i think its worth to take a closer look on the rings made by our member "hapur".
In my opinion well made very close rings for a absolute fair price.
Posted By: Vern Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 11/27/2014 01:57 PM
Email address for Hapur - totenkopfrings@gmail.com.
Alexander, nice picture and welcome to the forum! Great story too, definitely worth some research. I'm guessing it would certainly be a later date, similar to the 21.6.44 ring we have pictured on the forum just posted by member cjam. It's important to remember that the recipients (post 1939) of the ss honor rings were officers of the ss with 3 years of unblemished service...so an ancestor born in 24 would certainly be one of the youngest! Maybe even a 45 ring! Also would explain its mint condition, of course! I would imagine that the dienstalterliste (maybe even the last handwritten one) would have its record. I totally appreciate your sentiment about fighting for ones country, and you're not looking at neo nazis on this forum either...we love history and think it should be preserved and respected...however, if your ancestor was in fact an HR recipient, it's possible that he had more invested in the nazi beliefs than a late war enlisted heer conscript, or a member of the volkssturm. But again, please share your story once you've got it researched... We are eager to find out about it! It would be cool if you could snag an actual peek at the ring from your family, just in case (and I am not intending to cast any doubt on your story, believe me) the engraved skull ring was of the private purchase variety...as our expert member Gaspare can attest, the skull ring was highly sought after, so some outstanding rings were bought by soldiers wanting one, and they are highly valuable and beautiful in their own right. Again, welcome and thanks for the great story, hope you get an outstanding ring! Happy thanksgiving!
I have found that it is very tough to maintain a dialog with hapur, apparently not hurting for business much, I wish you better luck than I had.

Nice pic btw, extremely clear and that wood shack is a piece of work.
I want to inform that after my first PM to harpur he has answered and we made a deal on totenkopf ring with my personal engraving. No problem here to make an order.
harpurs ring not correct in scale size, it bigger
and scull not correct
Am not trying to slander harpur, I know he has some happy customers and offers a decent product which is why I tried to order.
Sent about 4 pms got 1 reply and after a few weeks I finally gave up, the whole lack of response didn't seem to bode well when dealing with someone half way around the world.
In fairness maybe he was busy/unavailable I don't know. I make custom made products myself, when I get questions/ requests for orders I get right back, even if I am working 14 hours a day which I often do.
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/01/2014 07:09 AM
What's the reason of posting such ********?
From your first mail 10.22.14. till moment when you removed from topic 10.30.14. is one week!
10.24.14. I gave you info about what do I need to make ring and payment info.
10.26.14. you sent engraving info only. no payment, no more questions, nothing.
10.30.14.you removed yourself from topic.
Where is lack of response? If you have a question you have to ask.

#46826 - 10/22/14 02:22 AM SS ring-----Still making these ?
Skynyrd Online

Loc: Michigan

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Unread By: none
#46854 - 10/23/14 03:08 PM Re: SS ring -------- Oook, I'll take that as a no
Skynyrd Online

#46864 - 10/24/14 01:46 AM Re: SS ring ------- Hi, I still make them. Same price $80.00 shipped. I need name, date to be engraved and size.
My paypal totenkopfrings@gmail.com
hapur Online

Loc: Latvia

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#46888 - 10/25/14 11:43 PM Re: SS ring------ok ill get my ring size and get back, thank
Skynyrd Online

#46899 - 10/26/14 10:12 PM Re: SS ring ------- size 9.5 name Hans Kramer date any date WW2 say 1944
Skynyrd Online

#46963 - 10/30/14 06:21 PM Re: SS ring ------- Skynyrd has removed themself from this topic
Skynyrd Online

Posted By: Sepp Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/01/2014 02:47 PM
Nice job Hapur...Nice job...not much to say is there

John
So apparently from the 26th to 30th 5 days I hard nothing from you and gave up.
You should understand, I don't know you you don't know me, you live far away from me. It takes a leap of faith for someone to send $80 around the world based only on trust, and the only way you can reassure someone is communication. I told you the size, I told you what I wanted on it, does it take that much to figure out to say "Ok, message received, will start as soon as payment received" ? What was I to say after telling you ring size ect ..."Umm, are you still there, hellllo ??"
I heard nothing for 4 days so I gave up, as I say I make custom items myself and would expect someone to move on if I left them hanging 4 days.

I don't think you are a bad guy or a crook, I think you need to work on your communication skills is all.
I have ordered 2 rings from Hapur and was well pleased with the results. One was a size 7 for my girlfriend. He was communicative and even let me know that the sig runes would not be visible due to the small size. I also own an original SSHR an no they are not identical but with a bit of wet sanding very passable indeed. Excellent detail and workmanship. I read the above post and all I can say is. Sounds like poor communication was on the prospective customers end.
patience is a virtue! Take it easy guys.. Some of us are used to Western ways of response the same or next day.. Just doesn't happen anymore unless your ordering Christmas gifts on line grin
To date everyone that has ordered a HR from Hapur has gotten it has been satisfied..
I think Hapur makes some of the nicest rings available. I have had one of his, made to my name and birthday, for several years. I highly recommend him. I think jim Modena, me and a few other members all ordered ours at the same time and we loved the way they came out and he does make them to your specified size.

Mark
Posted By: odal Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/01/2014 07:34 PM
Baught one for me some years ago and meanwhile 2 others for friends.
Never any problems and very good craftmanship
for a more than fair price.
Thanks Rich!
Can someone post a picture of Hapur ring because Evgeniy said:

"harpurs ring not correct in scale size, it bigger
and scull not correct"

So who is wrong and who is right ?
Here is the TK ring hapur made for me in a step by step process on this forum.
However; I resized and reshaped the head myself and this is an after picture. The head, at least IMO was too big, and my understanding is he adjusted the size since then.
Since hapur used the correct process die striking rather then rubber mold casting which was never used as others have suggested his rings are much closer to the originals in size.
Gaspare is far more knowledgeable than I am and perhaps he'll add some information here.
These rings are again IMO a good value for the price.
Jim
Jims is a nice ring.. Nice deep details, thick hunky ring..
I too have heard Hapur has changed the skull a few times..
Best,,is for you Hapur to put a photo of a current ring you make.. If photo posting is a problem you can always send them to me and I'll resize and put up [email is in my profile]..

I think shortly I will delete this topic...
I will post a permanent topic to the top and list those who make copy HRs. Since Hapur is a member and has sold many to members here and probably WAF he will be listed first and recommended by the members here.
Originally Posted By: Evgeniy
harpurs ring not correct in scale size, it bigger
and scull not correct

In spite of that my preferred one to daily wear.

Ric
I'm waiting for my ring (hope get it next week). Will post pics for sure.
Posted By: odal Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/02/2014 06:46 PM
wink

Attached picture abele.jpg

2 Ric Ferrari
I show nice copy http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=301255#Post301255
Its full autentic copy and its super copy
Give us the source....
I lost contacts, but have one more copy...
If you need ask me to P.M.
guys I get a lot of emails asking where to get a good copy HR to wear. So this topic has some good questions and answers, also a good link to another topic showing copies.

So this will be at the top now. Anyone has a copy HR to show, or a link to other copies you are more than welcome to add them here for discussion..
Hapur is the man here on this forum offering really good quality TK ring personalized for a reasonable price of $80 shipped. His servis is perfect and fast. I highly reccomend him. Below is my TK ring which was made with the speed of light. THANK YOU HAPUR !!!

Attached picture IMG_8229.JPG
Attached picture IMG_8230.JPG
Attached picture IMG_8231.JPG
Attached picture IMG_8232.JPG
Nice ring, gottlieb. Enjoy!
Posted By: Bob K Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 01/08/2015 05:02 AM
Gottlieb, can the date or name be personalized?
Yes, Hapur asks what do you want to have engraved.
I emailed Hapur this morning and he responded very quickly with photos and pricing info. 80 is correct. Looks nice. I will be ordering later today. Need to get my finger measured. Will post pic of ring when I get it.
Here is a site with many repros/fantasy rings on it..

Take a look,,imagine how some would look with aging,,or made to look ground dug etc..

Also to pick up some cool 'wearer' rings!

http://nazihistory.eu/
I paid Hapur Monday evening and he emailed to tell me he will mail my ring on Thursday! I will post pics when I get it. I can't wait.
I must strongly disagree with Skynyrd. I emailed Hapur asking about price, size and skull size choice and received an email the same day advising that he would need to know what I want engraved and which skull size (of two) and he provided pictures of the skulls to choose from. I took about a week to get to the local jewelry store to get my finger measured so no fault of Hapurs and then emailed him that i need a size 12.5 and what I wanted engraved and sent payment Monday. Monday afternoon he emailed back that he had received my payment and info and would mail my ring Thursday. Yesterday, only two days after payment, he sent me an email that my ring would go out today and included a picture of the engraving on my ring. Absolutely communicative and awesome. I cannot wait to get it. smile
Hey, it is what it is, no need to keep flogging a dead horse.
My experience was not good, yours and most others was, great. I can only speak for myself. Maybe there was a communication breakdown, maybe he learned the importance of answering questions and returning messages promptly.
Skynyrd, yes it could be a learning curve or a communication breakdown. Perhaps after I get mine and post pics you may give him another try. Thats what free market economy is all about. I am just chomping at the bit to get mine!
Harry
Props to Hapur, I know he does good work and no doubt is a talented, honest man.
Harry,,if you don't mind please show us the ring when it arrives! thanks..

Heres a site with a ring section. The usual stuff seen on US and German eBay etc. Also HRs,,and a service,,they can make/reproduce any ring that you have!

http://www.totls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=34
Posted By: polop Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 01/28/2015 05:08 PM
not the easiest people to deal with, in my opinion. mike
Got my ring. Looks awesome, fits great. Thank you Hapur. Will post pic tomorrow.
That ring was so good Harry got laid and forgot to post pics.
,,, grin laugh

hey yeah,,lets see it!
Sorry I did forget. Ring is great. Will try to post today.
Sorry for the delay,. It was my forgetfulness not Hapur. I got the ring a day or so after I posted it was in the mail. Very happy with it!

Attached picture ring 1.jpg
Attached picture ring 2.jpg
Attached picture ring 3.jpg
Attached picture ring 4.jpg
Wow that is a nice ring! Congrats!
Sorry to make you guys wait. It was well worth the money.
Posted By: odal Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/26/2015 06:20 AM
Oh, we know Hapurs work here.
And yes, again a very nice made ring.
And the best of it is that you like it wink
Sweet
Worked it out with Hapur to try again, glad I did very nice.

Attached picture zz.jpg
Posted By: odal Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 04/17/2015 04:59 AM
also very nice ring....for a small finger grin
Posted By: L v K Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 10/09/2015 02:01 AM
I too received a ring from Hapur. Excellent workmanship! Seriously, you won't be disappointed. The photographs do not do it justice.
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 10/13/2015 08:24 PM
Finally made site www.totenkopfrings.com
There are some videos on TK ring manufacturing.
Sure lots of things to be uploaded, but at least something.
Congratulations!
WOW Hap very interesting!! Why aren't you using a chuck to hold the die when its struck?
Posted By: L v K Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 10/15/2015 08:39 AM
Hey Hapur.
Nice to see your process... and yes, I'm still wearing your ring since it arrived a month ago.

Not sure if it's me, but when I click on How It's Made, I get a double image glitch of some sort. I've just got a new Mac, so maybe it is something to do with the computer I'm using, or the various ad blocks etc. I would post a screen shot of what this looks like, except it looks like I have to host the image elsewhere... confused

EDIT: maybe this will work...

Some years ago we had a member decide he was going to make a copy HR. He carved it all from jewelers wax and did a 2 piece ring [skull and band].

Don't think he made many and pretty sure he no longer makes them. They were pretty good for back then.
Who knows,,maybe they will be a collectors item in coming years like a Peichel [spelling?]. The better current copies like Hapurs also could become collectors items!, hey, you never know!

Attached picture SSChrisA.jpg
Attached picture SSChris4.jpg
A Chris 'SSCollertor' copy ring but in a period box belonging to Bob Hritz.

Attached picture SSChris3.jpg
Heck yeah that was a pretty good replication for a first attempt back then! How good they must be now!
For everyone who has been waiting with baited breath for many many months. I've finally unraveled the mystery, and I must say, its even more interesting than I could imagine.

First of all. There is a ring. But it is not an honor ring, not even an SS ring, its his plain old wedding band! The tale is actually (from my educated guess) a mixing of two different family member's service histories.

Heinz, after much more digging and direct contact with the volksbund, was never with the SS, but instead it is my more distantly related relative Hartwig-Friedrich Badenhoop. The "double O" spelling is an extremely old spelling of the family name and has its roots with an older version of the German language, only the oldest branches of the family had it and very few still carry it.

Hartwig was born on the 17Th of March 1909 in Kirchlinteln (a historical stomping ground for my family) and fell just 2 days after his 36Th birthday on the 19Th of March 1945. I'm still trying to find out where he fell, as he was moved later to a war cemetery in the Saarland. He was a lowly Sturmmann and would not have qualified for such a high ranking award, for this I'm honestly a little relieved.

Here is his profile with the Volksbund, I'll dig for some photographs of him. If anyone is still interested in Heinz I did manage to find a picture of him.

All the best
Alex
Wow what a great story Alex thank u for sharing it with us! We'd love to see a pic!
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/15/2015 07:26 AM
Apologies for delay with response. Didn't see it before. Why there is no choke to hold die? I do not see a need for it here. There are no forces that can move it side way. Choke would be needed if used two sided die to keep them in right position against each other.
Originally Posted By: Byzanti
Wow what a great story Alex thank u for sharing it with us! We'd love to see a pic!

Letters and emails to older relatives unfortunately turned up nothing of value, I've sent a request to the WASt for his service records, hopefully with them will come at least one photo. The only downside is that the WASt makes the DMV look like an express line with a waiting time of up to 12 months. May the wait begin. cool
Good luck Alex!
Originally Posted By: Alexander
For everyone who has been waiting with baited breath for many many months. I've finally unraveled the mystery, and I must say, its even more interesting than I could imagine.

First of all. There is a ring. But it is not an honor ring, not even an SS ring, its his plain old wedding band! The tale is actually (from my educated guess) a mixing of two different family member's service histories.

Heinz, after much more digging and direct contact with the volksbund, was never with the SS, but instead it is my more distantly related relative Hartwig-Friedrich Badenhoop. The "double O" spelling is an extremely old spelling of the family name and has its roots with an older version of the German language, only the oldest branches of the family had it and very few still carry it.

Hartwig was born on the 17Th of March 1909 in Kirchlinteln (a historical stomping ground for my family) and fell just 2 days after his 36Th birthday on the 19Th of March 1945. I'm still trying to find out where he fell, as he was moved later to a war cemetery in the Saarland. He was a lowly Sturmmann and would not have qualified for such a high ranking award, for this I'm honestly a little relieved.

Here is his profile with the Volksbund, I'll dig for some photographs of him. If anyone is still interested in Heinz I did manage to find a picture of him.

All the best
Alex

Absolutely, please do! Highly interesting, this!
As soon as I figure out my ring size I'm getting a "Hapur" ring too! You guys have convinced me this is the place to go for my near perfect Honor Ring.
Originally Posted By: johnnyrocket
As soon as I figure out my ring size I'm getting a "Harpur" ring too! You guys have convinced me this is the place to go for my near perfect Honor Ring.

Absolutely the only place if you ask me...
As soon as I figure out my ring size I'm getting a "Harpur" ring too! You guys have convinced me this is the place to go for my near perfect Honor Ring.

Tip: I went to a jeweler, had it measured AND tried a similar-shape ring in that size to be sure...
Good tip Mark. Thanks my friend.

I think $80.00 for a Hapur is better than $10,000 original that has been worn into the ground. Like they say... "The Hapur" is the new normal original of the future.
Maybe someday this Forum will be discussing the subtle nuances of "A Hapur" Original HR.
Good tip Mark. Thanks my friend.

I think $80.00 for a Hapur is better than $10,000 original that has been worn into the ground. Like they say... "The Hapur" is the new normal original of the future.
Heehee, yeah! Gaspare says they might well be the collectors items of the future, and THAT made me think of getting one of his HR's! But also much of his other work is brilliant... and remember: it's only 80 with special inscription, without it's only like 50 bucks! ;-)
Mark
I'm wondering if Hapur can product a ring in 14K gold? Does anyone know?

OK, I know these were produced in Silver and Himmler hated gold (Goering loved it)
...but I have a friend who ask so it's to the experts on the Forum I go.
I'm wondering if Hapur can product a ring in 14K gold? Does anyone know?

OK, I know these were produced in Silver and Himmler hated gold (Goering loved it)
...but I have a friend who ask so it's to the experts on the Forum I go.

U should just pm him here! Ok I JUST got my ring in the mail; its NOT an HR but of a different kind...
And WOW this is so cool. Even WAY cooler than I even expected. YOU should see the inscription inside, too!
Well what can I say I simply cannot recommend Hapur highly enough.
COOLEST RING EVER!!
Originally Posted By: Skynyrd

Is this the small or large size skull on a Hapur ring? I'm thinking or ordering one for myself and wonder what would be the best and size. Any suggestions from my forum friends on this. Or just your opinions.

I could not post the images of Skynyrd's posting showing his ring which looks like the smaller size Hupar skull.
Originally Posted By: Skynyrd

Is this the small or large size skull on a Hapur ring? I'm thinking or ordering one for myself and wonder what would be the best and size. Any suggestions from my forum friends on this. Or just your opinions.

I could not post the images of Skynyrd's posting showing his ring which looks like the smaller size Hupar skull.
I THINK the small size is the original sort of style/size?But he shows both on his site...
Skull fits the ring from top to bottom, hard to imagine it being any bigger.
I looked through our conversation, he asked if I wanted large or small and I said whatever you think looks best, so I don't know for sure.
Hapur's web site does not recognize my email address and fails to calculate any shipping cost/taxes. I've tried 5 times to correct this and on different computers too, without remedy.

Any suggestions?
Pm member hapur
I've looked at Gottlieb's book and the skull design configuration and sizes are all OVER THE PLACE.

It appears to me that the average size skull goes a little above and below (approx. 1/16" top and bottom) the edge of the ring itself.
Not the best reference book. Admittedly I recently bought it for peanuts at a gun show and am pleased with the pictures only. Here are the reference books or authors I suggest- klaus patzwall, Don Boyle, and Antonio scapini. All better than Craig's. Save for Gaspares book on all other tr rings coming this fall. Skull designs vary between ring generations this is true. It is a separate soldered piece, so there will naturally be differences. 30s rings are different than 40s rings, and transitional rings exist with qualities of both. Wear is different based on lots of factors including ring construction, affecting the skulls quite dramatically. Some have even had stones set in the eyes (btw- hap if u read this one day I'm ordering one with the green stones- beautiful man!). Look at a later war ring - I think 44 rings can really look quite amazing and have been often replicated. I do prefer earlier rings, but they wore pretty substantially. Gaspare has seen one dipped in gold I believe?
[quote=johnnyrocket]Hapur's web site does not recognize my email address and fails to calculate any shipping cost/taxes. I've tried 5 times to correct this and on different computers too, without remedy.

Any suggestions?
I had the same problem I emailed him and he said he actually received it and he sent me an invoice through paypal
Finally sent just an email and apparently it all went through with specifics of ring in email. Decided to have it engraved, for the price you can't go wrong. This ring seems to be the best deal on the net. I finally decided to get the large skull size which seems to be the correct size to order for a 40s style ring. I notice that the "smaller skull" looks a bit distorted around the jaw lines and just proportionally does not quite look right.

Got an invoice through PayPal a few hours later. All seems to be in progress for the ring.

Will post images when ring arrives.
Finally sent just an email and apparently it all went through with specifics of ring in email. Decided to have it engraved, for the price you can't go wrong. This ring seems to be the best deal on the net. I finally decided to get the large skull size which seems to be the correct size to order for a 40s style ring. I notice that the "smaller skull" looks a bit distorted around the jaw lines and just proportionally does not quite look right.

Got an invoice through PayPal a few hours later. All seems to be in progress for the ring.

Will post images when ring arrives.

You wont be sorry. I also ordered the personalized large skull one and it is flawless, well worth the money.
Someone was making a pretty good copy in gold somewhere on the net..
- 15, 20 years ago there was an authentic HR that gold plated! It was certified, was making the rounds at auctions. Not sure what happened to it. Heard new owner had it 'restored' by melting the gold off it but I never could really confirm it..
I received my ring yesterday. It was perfect size 10 as I had requested, quick turnaround time (Approx. 2 weeks from time of order) and everything on the ring exemplifies Hapur's quality.

Attached picture 2.jpg
Another image of Hapur's Ring. This ring looks like a Himmler SS Honor Ring should look like.
Deep die stamping, good wt. and size...and the quality of construction and proportion are incredible.

This ring is a size 10 ring with the "large" skull, I also went for the engraving. For $80.00 (that price is an all inclusive price too) it's the best deal in the field of collecting.

Attached picture 4.jpg
Here are some more images:

Attached picture 5.jpg
1 more images attached:

Attached picture 8.jpg
One more image:

Attached picture 6.jpg
Killer piece man if that was real it would be a five figure ring. congrats !
Hi Byzanti...the detail on this ring is unbelievable...compared to the originals it looks like it just came from Ghar's Factory. The ring also has the heff (weigh) and beef (width) to it also which makes for a good natural feel for an everyday wear. Of course 99.9% of the public would never know what it is anyway!

It's really to good to be passed off as an original WWII era manufacture. Of course with a post-war birthday engraved would be a dead give-a-way.
Very cool great pickup man
Posted By: odal Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 02/26/2016 06:41 PM
Hapurs work is great as allways.
Good to hear yo are happy with.
WOOOOOOOOOW...SO cool?!?! I got two on the way, can't wait man, can't wait.. I think I'm gonna get one with a big skull as well...
Seriously I believe what Gaspare said: these are collectors items of the future in their own right.
Mark
I just got another hapur ring too, very nice.
1st one was small skull this one large, I think I like the large better.

Only thing I'd recommend is that he start hallmarking them, as almost all precious metal items are. Would inhibit people from trying to pass them as legit to the unwary, and would be easier to resell if the time came for that.

Attached picture IMG_1226 (Medium).JPG
Here is a interesting SS Honor Ring (reproduction) site link:

http://sshonorring.jugem.jp/?eid=4&pagenum=4
that site is our old friend 'BlackJack'! He was a member here a long time ago,,and those are SuperFakes... Don't think you can buy them...
Maybe at a big show,,aged a bit,,and for $5000. to $10,000! wink

Doug,,thats a cool ******** EK [?] ring your wearing under your HR.. How about a shot...
Thanks for the info Gaspare.

These "SuperFakes" look better than the originals.

For me a good rule-of-thumb was what someone told me once:
That a person can never say with absolute 100% certainty about anything unless he was present at its time of creation.
I guess the best we have is an opinion based on the preponderance of the evidence which suffices most of the time,
One question on the HR design: between skull and runes there is a leaf-design. These are pointed? So I guess it's not oak leaves... Does anyone here know which type leaves they are?
Thanks,
Mark
I can't see much between the skull and runes- it's right up tight against it- but what is there is a continuation of the oak leaf pattern seen on the rest of the ring- it's definitely an accurate reproduction of the stylized oak leaves on some hr's. I suppose it doesn't look like it because to put a wider more rounded edged "oak leaf" - as we all can picture would make the band wider or the whole leaf design super tiny in its detail. Just imo
they supposed to be oaks,,so they were 'stylized' by Gahrs artist!

I tried to make so copies off BlackJacks site. Couldn't do it.. Everyone should get a good look at these copies while the site is still there.
And remember,,these were done several years ago!!
Originally Posted By: Gaspare
they supposed to be oaks,,so they were 'stylized' by Gahrs artist!

I tried to make so copies off BlackJacks site. Couldn't do it.. Everyone should get a good look at these copies while the site is still there.
And remember,,these were done several years ago!!
Ok thanks guys.... elsewhere I heard these are Laurels?
Gaspare - Just a generic biker style silver ring, does look nice but for sure nothing special.
Guess who's got himself a 'Richard Purmalis Original'? ;-)

PS the two bottom bands... as per my request he signed them with his name and the production date, plus stamp...
Beauties, fascinating rings altogether. Something magical about them.
Mark

Attached picture Rich 1.jpg
Attached picture Rich 1b.jpg
Attached picture Ehrenringe 2016 by Rich.jpg
Nice work Hap! [Rich]
Nice work on this ring. Best value for the money. Nice pics Mark.

Looks like a size 13.
Heehee, thanks! It's a fascinating and beautiful ring...
It's far away from good copy, but killer features is that this is die struck ring and nicely done engraving smile
Originally Posted By: Triggerself
It's far away from good copy, but killer features is that this is die struck ring and nicely done engraving smile

It's not supposed to be a 'copy', meaning detailed reproduction/fake. It's supposed to be a modern original piece of finest craftsmanship that is immediately recognizable as NOT being a contemporary honor ring.
One more reason why I asked Hapur to add his signature inside the ring. Anybody seeing 'Made by Richards Purmnalis' and '1.III.2016' MIGHT get the hint that this one was not made by Gahr in the 30's or 40s.
As Gaspare said: these will be collector's items of their own right in the future, no doubt. :-)
Mark
here my copy
was made from original ring
and have nuances like in original rings
it points was talking in book Gottlibes book

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Attached picture 4.JPG
Attached picture 5.JPG
Just received another ring for a friend of mine.

AgainHarpur did a fantastic job.
You can't beat the quality and workmanship on his SS Honor Rings. The engraving is superb.

Happy, Happy, Happy.
Totally agree. And his customer service is outstanding as well.
I have some custom work of his and it's amazing. Also many of his other rings are very cool and I wear 3 of them every day.
Mark
Hey guys, i need your opinions.
What comes closer to the original look?
Ring with small skull or ring with large skull?

Chris
I guess small skull was more common? Or at least they're often so worn off that they're rather on the smaller side...
I am thinking about two days wether large or small.
Both looks good on the Pictures here but i cant decide.
Ring size will be 10.

What do you let engrave?
Your name and birthday or soldier name and one of the four real dates?
Originally Posted By: Christian76
I am thinking about two days wether large or small.
Both looks good on the Pictures here but i cant decide.
Ring size will be 10.

What do you let engrave?
Your name and birthday or soldier name and one of the four real dates?

To be consistant with the original ring design I would go with this:
S.lb. (Your Last Name here) day of birth. month of birth. year of birth H. Himmler
[url=][/url]
Example: S.lb. Vogal 20.5.44 H. Himmler

I think the "Larger Skull" looks the best for this style ring. I had said smaller earlier but check and it's the LARGER SKULL THAT LOOKS THE BEST.
Here is a link to Harpur's ring site.

http://www.totenkopfrings.com/

Description: This is a Harpur engraving example sample. You can go to his site for further examples of engraving and wording.
Attached picture HH.jpg
Agree. most consider the larger more accurate. U won't be disappointed in any case- money well spent IMHO
Thanks for your help,it's done.
I ordered the ring with a large skull now.
I looked at my original 1942 ring and think you are right...the large skull seems to be the right choice i hope eek

Dont know why, maybe it's only the picture, but the small skull looks a little bit squeezed on the ring.

Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 06/30/2016 02:11 PM
Lately I've been asked to make ring bands not that wide and more concave. So here is another die compared to current band. Would like to hear your opinions on new one die. Should I swithch"?

Attached picture DSC_0177.JPG
I'm liking the one on the left.......
+1 very nice work hap !
The left one looks great, more like the original.
When can i order it wink
I like wide AND concave... but I might be interested in the new version as well.
Mark
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/01/2016 06:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Christian76
The left one looks great, more like the original.
When can i order it wink

You can order it right now. Dies are ready to work.
Hap,,, your last photo [319844 ] ,,the ring on the left,,,is that the large or small skull?
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/02/2016 06:33 AM
small skull
Originally Posted By: Byzanti
Good luck Alex!

Originally Posted By: Mark4321
Absolutely, please do! Highly interesting, this!

The wait is over! A disappointing enough answer, but enough to go on I think.

In typical German fashion the record offices for the Wehrmacht and SS were completely independent entities and near the end of the war the SS record office was destroyed (reoccurring theme), the information I was given are only fragments of the original record and among the things missing is the service picture and indeed his whole identification book! frown

Hartwig Friedrich Badenhop, born on March 17th 1909 in Kirchlinteln was assigned indentification number "-A492- Fl. H. Kdtr. Rotenbg./Hann.".

His last official transfer of employment on record is dated June 12th, 1940 to Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur Rotenburg/Hannover. In a list for worker labor distribution his job title and function are not specified.

Further, the documents I received also make mention of an unknown "Einberufung in die Waffen-SS". My understanding of the exact meaning of that field is blurry, and I can't tell if that simply means they don't have record of his rank there, or if it refers to a more specific duty/call-up purpose.

On March 19th 1945 at 11:00AM while serving with the SS in the Bachem district of Merzig, Saarland; Hartwig was found dead outside the hunting lodge in the Drwiesenkopf (=capital/administrative?) district.

Although it was less than I was hoping for after waiting almost a year; I think there might be enough to go on to mount a more in depth investigation. As a small bonus; since they couldn't provide me with much information the WAST waived the usual 40 euro processing fee, generous for a government organization of any kind! Imagine must what have originally been available on record!

Cheers
Alex
Alex- 1. Thank u for the work and sharing the results! To be honest, that's not too bad IMHO in terms of information found! (Really- so many people know so much less about individuals they want to know more about!) 2. I think it leaves a door open with clues that might show up elsewhere! I know of someone who found enough info on a loved one that they found his identity disc/dog tag for sale at a militaria show!!) 3. And u saved 40 euros! Heck, in our hobby u got a nice enough free wound badge for that amount!!
Thank u for sharing and good luck! Hopefully some more turns up-
Mike
Posted By: Ombra Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/29/2016 07:28 AM
Hello everybody, I am new here, and first of all I wish you a merry christmas.
I am sorry for my bad use of english, but as you can guess... it's not my native language.
I found this forum while doing researches for a gift, as my husband and I are very passionated about history, and then I found this place, with all these expert people.
I did order a ring for my husband from Hapur, as I saw the masterpieces he is able to do. I think he is a true artist, and I cant wait to see the result.

Well, again best wishes to you all, and thank you for accepting me in this community.

best,

E.
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/11/2017 10:25 AM
Building another one in gold smile

Attached picture _DSC0054.jpg
Gold HR, might be interested in that
Posted By: odal Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/11/2017 04:06 PM
With how much content?
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/12/2017 07:24 AM
This one on pic is 14k. Lately I was asked to make them in 18k and white gold and in platinum also.
Originally Posted By: hapur
This one on pic is 14k. Lately I was asked to make them in 18k and white gold and in platinum also.

Very nice , Look forward to some progress pictures
Posted By: odal Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/12/2017 09:13 AM
If i understand right, you make your rings on order in every alloy?
Hap,,please, when your finished and get the chance we'd all love to see the gold version!

Also,,with your silver alloys,,,are you just using sterling?
OR, are you using 800/835? and IF you are can you buy the bullion like that [800 and 835]? or are you doing the alloy yourself?
Thanks, Gaspare
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/13/2017 06:01 AM
Mostly I do use sterling. If customer wants I can use 800 or 835 or any other alloy. I do make alloys myself. Most interesting was order to make TK ring from silver 5 mark coins.
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/24/2017 07:42 AM
Few more almost finished. Hardest part was getting patina on gold. As you do know gold does not oxidize. But if customer wants patina I have to get it, customer always right smile

Attached picture goldtkengraving.jpg
Attached picture goldtkringsm.jpg
Looks awesome...
wow looks nice in gold , superb
just noticed,,to RFSS from AH himself! excellent! You could have done that even for Ottos! wink
Bravo!! the AH sig engraving came out really good!
Very nice!!
Hapur have you got any pics of the platinum, and white gold HR rings ?
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/28/2017 07:15 PM
No, I didn't make pics, they looked almost same as in silver, just heavier.
Difference in Patina worn and unworn.
Both examples made by Hapur.
PS these are from Silver, not white gold...

Attached picture 2 ER.jpeg
Nice rings!
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 04/03/2017 04:52 PM
You wear two of them on one finger?
just kidding smile
Originally Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti)
Nice rings!

Thanks Mike! :-)
The bottom one I wear every day...
You wear two of them on one finger?
just kidding smile

Yeah I know: I took the 3rd one off for the photo.. ;-)
No, you'd LIKE to wear them all at once they're so cool! :-D
Mark
Building another one in gold smile

Is this done to satisfy buyer demand?

Wish I could recall where I read Himmler thought gold represented jewry.

Also didn't norse legend Thor possess a silver ring that tied in with truth and the mythology of the sshr.

Again, just hearsay and something read along the way.Whether theres anything to it I'm not sure.
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/11/2017 01:53 PM
Yes, this is done to satisfy buyer demand. Did not ask what are the reasons for that.
here is my repro, what I wearing by 20.4.37

Attached picture 20171026_113625_новый размер.jpg
Attached picture 70a13726e9da.jpg
Attached picture 362117af8a4c.jpg
E. , that is a really nice copy too! I know you have been planning/ thinking about it for years,,it came out great,,congrats...

So members,,there are many copy HRs out there..
I'm proud to say we have 2 advertised here that are the absolute 2 best out there!. Hapurs and Evgeniys...

So you check them out, weigh the pros and cons of each and what fits your needs and make your order... Good work guys!....,G.
G., thank you for your kind and good evaluation of my work !
I would have done with a great interest another copy of the year 44, I consider this design to be the best in the rings of the 40s model, but I do not have the original, for its reproduction, it may be when it happens )))
Hello friends!
It is several year, that I was going to learn how to make a wax sample, then cast it and so on. I was going to learn how to make one for myself. It was a dream for about 10 years for me to have a good replica, at least. And suddenly I found Hapur's perfect replicas! It got tear to my eyes! wink I am going to order mine as soon as I measured my finger size. Thank all of you for the review.
I think the most important thing is that he makes them in the same way that the original rings were made.
Thank you Hapur!
And I have to add that the wider more concave version, with the small skull is the most correct version. What do others think?
Sorry, meant less wider...
Welcome to the forum Eshagh.. Yes Hap makes a very nice copies,,and the proper way on period equipment! [I like the less wide one too]...

Have you made wax models of things before? or make a casting? Do you collect rings? or any military in general?..,G.
Thank you Gaspare!

Yes indeed, Hapurs TK rings and the best replicas available overall.
No I didn't even give a try to make a wax model or something, I don't do jewelry at all, nor I'm not a professional collector, but I'm interested in such stuff, specially If they are not too expensive! This ring looks really amazing. I like the mysterious shapes and the contrast made by petina on sterling silver.
Although I like Evgeniy's ring too, but Hapur's technique of making them, makes me more interested in his rings. I used to believe the original rings were make by was, until I saw Hapurs website. But I am just wondering did he made the die himself?
here my works
I personally do not care about the method of production, in my opinion quality and authenticity with the original ring is more important, and my work is 100% authentic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Evgeniy,,,, thanks for posting your new rings! They are on some sort of Russian photo hosting site. Maybe they will disappear after a while [?]

anyway,, I will repost they again... They really are some beauties!! yes some care about how they are made. Some want the early pattern, or late. but yours really are some NICE looking HRs. Very close to the real thing!

Attached picture zzzzzzze.jpg
Attached picture zzzzzzzzebf4982f5e50.jpg
Yours I take it Evgeniy is a lost wax or investment cast.. Done properly the method will make a great reproduction ... These really do look nice!! Make sure your contact info is updated in your profile for orders!

Members. We are very lucky to have 2 resident members here who make 2 very different HR for you to buy! Both have their merits and both look different enough that you can get what you want.. So look no further,,you can have a choice,,Hapurs or Evgeniys.. Their contact info should be in their profiles..

Evgeniy,, Do you make these at a home workshop? Or do you have a big production type shop etc? Is the ring a copy of one of yours? and last,,can a member order a ring blank and have what they want engraved in the band?

Attached picture zzzzzz34aade8c4f7d.jpg
Hi Gaspare, my friend !!!
Thx you for your good opinion and words to my works.
My production is located in different places, it is not at home, the casting of blanks is made in one place, assembly under the size, polishing, etching in another place.
Yes of course I have an blank rings and you can buy them too, their price is the same as for the standard ring (S.lb Geil 20.4.37 H. Himmler) -100$ any size, sterling (925) silver
Hello friends!

I think the both rings have advantages, Hapurs rings have really sharp details and the tenchbique he uses cuases deep and good details, this is why I mentioned the technique.
On the other hand Evgeniy's rings are casted out of a real ring, so the shape is much similar to real ones, how ever it looks exactly like a rubbed off one, with faded details. Thus I have to buy one from each of them. No way! wink
Dear Evgeniy
Only one question, Is the skull welded to the ring or they are casted as one piece?
Thank you!
I got a picture of both Hapurs 1940s hr ring and Evgeniys 1930s hr rings side by side.
harpurs on the left
evgeniys on the right.
harpurs is a taller band with a deeper die stamp cut. but evgeniys skull
Is perfect. not sure which band is the proper height. maybe someone can let me know the dimensions and I can measure both.
you choose which one you like.

Attached picture 20180329_033200-1209x907.jpg
one more photo comparison of swastika rune.

Attached picture 20180329_034243-1209x907.jpg
Its not sicret : height of band in original sshr was 7mm
The relief of my copy is not very deep, because the original ring also does not have a deep relief, a very deep relief near the rings became in the 1940s.
As I understand it, the design of the ring was reworked, due to the rapid wear of the relief in the rings, the early version.
But my task was to repeat the original ring as much as possible, and not to invent and make changes, I concentrated on the maximum authenticity with the original and I think that I did a great job

P.S height of band in my repro, too - 7mm, you can check it wink
I like your ring evgeniy. that's why I bought it wink
I hope you make a 1940s hr someday as well laugh
I was just wondering if the 1940s version was a taller band? or is harpurs
inaccurate for the band height.
cheers Todd
Dear Waffen man, Hapur has a post in page 3 of this thread that he says he has made his rings less wider, I mean shorter in height.

http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/~germand2/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/176222/filename/DSC_0177.JPG
I understand now, the early 1930s hr was a thinner ring that wore out faster and due to that the 1940s version was made a little thicker for less damage. These are great rings!
Agree, both are great.
Thank you waffenman for sharing the nice comparison.
new photoshot works

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by waffenman
I got a picture of both Hapurs 1940s hr ring and Evgeniys 1930s hr rings side by side.
harpurs on the left
evgeniys on the right.
harpurs is a taller band with a deeper die stamp cut. but evgeniys skull
Is perfect. not sure which band is the proper height. maybe someone can let me know the dimensions and I can measure both.
you choose which one you like.

But your Harpur Ring is the one with big band and big head? He has one with the correct measures on ring band and skull
tower of power
IMO cool shots )))

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
E.,,,,IMO I agree!...A real Tower of power!!

These are your new HRs,,,they are beauties..

Very nice and I know it was a lot of hard work for you.. But it paid off because they look very very good! Congrats!

Anyone interested in these beauties please contact Evgeniy directly! We have 2 of the best reproduction HRs out there on the market!
Thx you Gaspare ! :-)
I hope, you like as a very good connoisseur of rings, appreciate the authenticity of the work
thank you !!!
Fantastic reproduction with perfect skull head... good job Evgeniy
Attached here is a very good image of Himmler, please note the rings he is wearing, I see three on his left hand. I do not see an Honor ring. Any thoughts on this?

Attached picture 04d5754978312afe46f971a706273ed1.jpg
Himmler was a ring man through and through! Some photos show rings on both hands and multiples as shown here...
There are photos of him wearing his HR. I think he liked 'changing them up'! I don't wear the same ring all the time [except wedding band]..
He probably had plenty of rings [I also remember a photo with a Skull and Snakes ring] .. I think he just liked to wear different rings depending on ? ,,,but he definitely had a HR and did wear it sometimes.. Why not all the time [?] Something we'll never know............cool photo , thanks for posting it........
hi members
i would like to add some information that was stored in my old coot brain about Himmler and him wearing different rings on his both hands but i never seen him wearing his honor ring i would guess that his ring is still in germany with his only child gertrude or ingred sorry forgot her name she has to be in her 90s now who knows his honor ring might show up and yes gaspare i remember seeing one of himmlers rings with snakes on it as far as what the Reichsfuhrer collected was mid evil armour and he liked rocks n gems did see a picture of the Reichsfuhrer at a rock n gem show many years ago i think it was pictured in a book about him hope this info helps you guys stay well see you all at the mighty max show god bless andy militarynut
Hi Andy,

Here (attached) is an enlargement of the image above, of Himmler wearing his SS Honor Ring. After enlargment the H.R. can clearly be seen worn by him. There is also a fantastic color image of Himmler wearing this ring taken of him at the Berghof, probably around 1943, have you ever seen that image Andy? If not I will post it here.

I notice something very strange about this image(?) he is wearing the H.R. ring with the skull "facing him" and not out toward the viewer, as required by his own SS protocol for the proper wearing of the ring.

I find this very strange?

Attached picture HH SS Ring.jpg
hi johnnyrocket
first i would like to thank you for your service and wellcome home thanks for photo of the Rreichsfuhrer Himmler wearing his honor ring with the skull faceing him also another picture shows Obergruppenfuhrer Reinhard heydrich with his honor ring skull faceing towards him in my humble opinion i believe Heidrich did this in defience to say hey Himmler your not the only one who can wear his honor ring with the skull faceing me just like when Heidrich was rideing in an open mercedes benz convertible when the Fuhrer heard about this he told Heydrich not to do this some one will take a shot at you Heydrich replyed meine Fuhrer there isnt a czech that has the balls to shoot at me little did he know the english taught czech soldiers were planning to assinate him and they did and the history goes on speaking of history i will have at this years max show some intresting ss documents and ss womans s/d cufftitle first one i ever seen also with it i have the signed hospital document signed by obergruppenfuhrer karltenbrunner along with her medal for being wounded this s/d woman was in an air raid attack very intresting german ww2 history top shelf ss items stop and see me at my table you wont be sorry thanks again god bless all andy militarynut
Johnny,,,thanks for the close-up! See, there you go he's wearing his HR... I guess its his prerogative to wear it however he wants! He does some weird stuff,,I mean how many people you know or seen wearing 2 rings on one finger,,,and still more rings on the other fingers!! Yeah he's a ring guy for sure....

Andy,, I hope you bring your ring trays!.. Members those who are lucky enough to get to the MAX will see Andys 2 ring trays.. One is for the Allies,,,and the other for the Axis and collaborators... IF you still have it there's a ring I've been meaning to get from you . So please Uncle Andy ,,please bring your ring trays! grin wink

Andy will have his other 'treasures' as he calls them,,and they are! Some really nice items.. These are actually items from his personal collection.. See Andy doesn't buy because he needs stock.. He buys because he really likes the piece. Likes so much he doesn't really care if you buy it or not. don't buy,,he still has something he loves to own in his collection... Thats a nice way to go on as a dealer in this hobby..

So visit and see Andys nice pieces. All attending have a good show and drive safe,,no drinking and driving! and,,what out for those that DO!

OH yeah,,IF you have a cool photo of H.H. wearing his rings,,,come and add it here to this post!,,,thanks , G.
its shot not with Himmler
hi evgeniy
thanks for your opinion i dont think any one can prove this is himmlers hands can you show us the full picture hopefully we can put these hands with the face the three rings he is wearing it appears himmlers gloves under hand which he all ways wore but still not enough dna or clues that this is himmlers hands ok evgeniy prove to us that johnnyrocket made a misstake this would help hope we wont have to call on sherlock holmes again thanks god bless andy militarynut
Hi All, now that I look at this again the rings in the large image of Himmler do not quite match the rings in the enlargement something seem off to me. I got this from a file that suppose to be Himmler's rings. At first glance the image seemed to match the larger image. 2nd thoughts...yes it don't look quite right. I'll be doing some more research on this too.
I found the image that I think the close-up came from.

This is definitely not Himmler (good look-alike) though. Other images does show Himmler with similar groupings of rings on both hands, but none are good enough resolution to get a good close up of what they really are.

Attached picture 3.0.jpg
Attached picture HH rings.jpg
In doing the quick research this morning on this ring grouping ? I came across a good image of SS Obergruppenfuhrer Philipp Bouhler who's official title was: Chief of the Chancellery of the Fuhrer of the NSDAP.

A high-resolution formal image of Philipp Bouhler is fitting enough for an SS Obergruppenfuhrer I guess.

Attached picture Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 10.05.17 AM.png
Attached picture Philipp Bouhler.jpg
hi johnnyrocket
yes philip bouhler is another photo with his honor ring shown listen take your time researching these photos rohm wasnt built in a day thanks very much im sure you will find the right photo mitt himmler wearing his rings have a great day andy militarynut
Borman wearing SS Honor Ring.

Attached picture Borman SS Honor Ring.jpg
Thanks Andy, been retired for years, so I have lots of time to play.

I actually have more fun researching things than purchasing them. I started collecting back in the 60's...very different times than they are today. Like a lot of people I got interested in collecting from my dad who brought lots of goodies home from WWII, As a kid I was totally fascinated with all the various designs of military items, especially German.

The German's had a medal, patch, flag, dagger and or award for just about anything one could imagine.
hi johnny
so you have been retarted like me opps there i go again slipping sorry i was retarded in 1989 lucky me so far im beating them they are paying me oh yes those 1960s days when you could buy german lugers two matching clips holster for between 35.00 to 40.00 daggers for 60.00 but lets go back in 1962 i brought home 57.00 week gasoline was on sale less i believe then a dollar well we cant roll back the clocks militaria was all over the place now the cubbards are getting bare on good militaria we are paying dearly just to get it but im very happy for this great past time and mostly the great people in this hobby there is a few crabs like me but hey thats life i all ways said this if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen ps let me know when you find himmler wearing his honor ring have a great day god bless andy militarynut
Will do Andy...I'm with you, thinking all the images I've seen of Himmler wearing rings I assumed that they were at least one Honor Ring in the bunch. But on second thought all the images I've recently looked at are not clear enough to actually see the rings shown to make a definite conclusion that it is actually an Honor Ring.
hi johnnyrocket yes all the books and images i have do you think i can rember which where it is the one thing is defenitly heydrich has the picture showing his honor ring with the skull faceing him and phillip bohler not to sure if his skull is faceing him but this i know heydrich would defi the higer ups and he got away with it then he was assinated ok guys later back to the drawing board hve a greeat night god bless andy militarynut
I thought that the skull should look at the owner as a remainder that the SS man should be ready at any moment to risk his life for the benefit on the company. Herr Heydrich did not wear the ring in the correct form, and it face the viewer. I think that he do this for psychological reasons. To let the viewer see the skull and inspire terror.
Originally Posted by johnnyrocket
Attached here is a very good image of Himmler, please note the rings he is wearing, I see three on his left hand. I do not see an Honor ring. Any thoughts on this?

May be one of the two rings he is wearing on ring finger is the HR and the head has turned itself into the palm. I wear all the time a repo HR and sometimes it happens. As we do not see the skull we can confused and believe it is a different ring. It would be estrange that he ordered members wear the ring at any time and he did not. As this is a public party it is extra?e that he decided not to wear it.
hi vonropen
thank you for your opinion i believe you are right about heydrich ring please excuse me on that fact as i havnt seen this photo in years i stand corrected then maybe he had his honor ring on the outher hand it is a photo showing this fact taken in his office do you have that photo maybe you can show it thanks god bless andy militarynut
hi vonropen
thank you for your opinion i believe you are right about heydrich ring please excuse me on that fact as i havnt seen this photo in years i stand corrected then maybe he had his honor ring on the outher hand it is a photo showing this fact taken in his office do you have that photo maybe you can show it thanks god bless andy militarynut
Hi, I have not the picture and Tryed to find. In these portrait pictures are not easy nor imposible to see Heydrich with the incorrect faced skull as they are propagandist photos. I do not believe, that Heydrich, a person that pay many attention on details will pass it and show a deliberate contradiction to the normative. If you see other pictures, most of the he has gloves or hands are hidden. I remember see a picture of him and Lina in casual dress wearing the ring in incorrect form. But I did not find it. It is not a secret that he liked to wear the ring with the skull facing the onlooker.
I checked a lot of pictures and I discover that Heydrich wear the ring on his right hand nor on the left as regulation says. So may be he not only decided change the head but the hand.
hi von
i think you have it thats the picture of heydrich in his office showing his honor ring on his right hand you were right and i was wrong sorry my old mind is starting to forget but i guess thats my old age setting in again a good mind is a terribly thing to waist thanks again von appreciate it god bless andy militarynut
Militarynut both you and me has helped a bit to discover something that was not clear enoug
still life )))

[Linked Image]
Wonderful my old friend!... Very nice work... These are available guys so get them or Hapurs ,, what ever style you like,,,,,,maybe for a friend for the holidays!!

Hey E.,, do you make these your self?? or contracted out to your design and specifications? Any way you can show us some photos of how its being done? .., Thanks. ,G.
Not me , I restore ring : I supervised the restoration of the copy of the ring in all details and elements, I also manage the production process, I do not make the ring myself, but I know all the steps of production
I can't know everything, as you understand, I?m a system administrator, a little collector, a little guitarist, a lot of things that would have been a jeweler, but I had to go into all the jewelry details to get things done, there was a lot to do )))
Something like this
Very lovely work on this 1st pattern ring. Are your ring made die struck in two pieces?

Originally Posted by Evgeniy
Not me , I restore ring : I supervised the restoration of the copy of the ring in all details and elements, I also manage the production process, I do not make the ring myself, but I know all the steps of production
I can't know everything, as you understand, I?m a system administrator, a little collector, a little guitarist, a lot of things that would have been a jeweler, but I had to go into all the jewelry details to get things done, there was a lot to do )))
Something like this
Posted By: benten Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 11/14/2018 02:42 PM
Top , Evgeniy .
Original ring from: http://www.totenkopfring.eu/SS-Totenkopfring-Robert-GIES-21-6-1944-K-H-FRANK-s-SECRETARY-d32.htm
http://www.totenkopfring.eu/fotky67889/fotos/_vyrp11_321.jpg
http://www.totenkopfring.eu/fotky67889/fotos/_vyrp12_322.jpg
http://www.totenkopfring.eu/fotky67889/fotos/_vyrp13_324.jpg
http://www.totenkopfring.eu/fotky67889/fotos/_vyrp14_327.jpg
http://www.totenkopfring.eu/fotky67889/fotos/_vyrp15_328.jpg
I think Hapur's rings look more similar in texture.
I am really confused, each original ring has its own specific skull, i can barely find two similar rings.
Posted By: Dave Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 02/24/2019 02:19 AM
Please post photos, not links

Dave
Hi dave, I wish I could, but I don't know how.
Original ring from: http://www.totenkopfring.eu/SS-Totenkopfring-Robert-GIES-21-6-1944-K-H-FRANK-s-SECRETARY-d32.htm
I think Hapur's rings look more similar in texture.

Attached picture _vyrp14_327.jpg
Attached picture _vyrp11_321.jpg
Attached picture _vyrp13_324.jpg
Attached picture _vyrp15_328.jpg
Attached picture _vyrp12_322.jpg
The only thing is that the Himmler signature is a bit different at its end. What do you think?

Attached picture original_Himmler_signature_2.jpg
Attached picture ring-3.jpg
))) his ring have more scale then original and very far from original ...
sorry man, you just vary bad know topic about totenkopfring smile
Originally Posted by Evgeniy
))) his ring have more scale then original and very far from original ...
sorry man, you just vary bad know topic about totenkopfring smile

Thank you for your advice my friend :), but seems he had fixed that problem long ago, now his rings are in the right size, or at least very close to that.
Plus: I really like the die struck method which he makes his rings, that is the original way to make them, and it gives really high density to the ring, and makes the details way sharper.
Eshagh, welcome to the forum... Both copies have their merits, both good copies! Lucky now with internet you can see whats being made and offered like never before.. Let us know which ring you get and if your satisfied with it!!..,G.
Dear Gaspare, Thank you so much. Yes I agree, Evgeniy's rings are cool too, I just told my own preference. smile

You are right, Internet is a gift, I can't imagine the world without in anymore. I have watched Hapur's ring making process in YouTube and I've been really amazed by it! Maybe one of the main reasons which I prefer his rings is that! As far as I know it is the same process they were made originally smile

At the moment I have ordered a couple of Hapur's small skull rings, I will share pictures and my opinion about them as soon as I receive them. smile
I think the one in the left is very similar to a real ring. I wish someone had a comparison of Hapur's new style rings (less wider) and a genuine ring.

Attached picture DSC_0177.JPG
Is there possibly any photos of a brand new original ring? I mean a not worn ring.
http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/~germand2/ubbthreads.php/topics/185233/discussion-ss-honor-rings.html#Post185233

Go to ;Discussion SS Honor Rings' pinned near the top of this page.. The Schaar ring was in real good condition..
Wow! Some are quite new! Thank you for your guidance!
And look at tgat! You just made your 10000th post!
Hi friends,
I have ordered 2 TK rings from Hapur, and for the size I went to a jewelry and the guy measured my ring size 9 1/2, but now I doubt that if it is accurate for a 7mm wide ring like a TK ring too? Or just for a thin normal ring?
As you know it is almost impossible to resize a TK ring which has patterns all around it. The measuring tool was something like this, as you see the rings are thin and narrow comparing to a TK ring. I hope I could ask my question clearly, as english is not my first language.

Thank you!

Attached picture 094648-1.JPG
When I got my ring it fit...but was snug. It was hot and muggy that day and a few days later I tried it on and it was perfect and felt right. The weather conditions does effect the fit at certain times. Just an FYI.
Thank you! Did you order in the size of a normal engagement ring for example? I mean a narrow ring.
Yes I did, Hapur's rings are of course wider and thicker than the average gold wedding ring. It might take a little getting use to.
I think a good jeweler could resize it a bit, to fit a little looser or tighter... but not much. For the value, Hapur's rings are the best in my opinion.
Thank you so much! I agree too, I really like the die struck method he uses for his rings, I feel that gives a good density to them plus it is the original way to make them.
I would love to see a real HR right from the factory to get a feel of a new original ring. I would compare it with one of Hapur's ring. I always wondered if they were of the same compound. I think this because almost all the original rings I've seen over the years look they "wore down" fairly fast. Would they have down as fast as a Hapurs ring would.

Here's a challenge...does anyone out there in HR ring land that has a Hapur ring with 10, 15 or 20 years continual everyday ware to it so we can see the wear patterns? It would be great to show us your worn Hapur rings and compare the ware to them with known originals.
I would love to see an Original HR ring in factory condition, but must be really hard to find one, possibly none exists.

Seems Hapur is making them not more than 13-14 years, but that would be nice to see one that old. How ever I prefer my ring not that "Fast-Wearing"! And most of the original HR ring have been worn through 70 years or so. Because some were used even after the war.
Has anyone bought this ring from Hapur's collection?

Attached picture IMG_20190304_012744_905.jpg
Well! So let's see who has his new Totenkopf rings! cool
Just received a couple of "Hapur made" TK rings, very happy to have it. Pretty heavy and detailed ring!
But there is an issue with it, the runes are a bit stretched, for example circles are oval. I hope he makes new die and fix the only problem left!
Very happy to have my first TK rings! smile
Will post more photos in the following post.

Attached picture photo5796461741146747185.jpg
Attached picture photo5796461741146747191.jpg
Attached picture photo5796461741146747190.jpg
Attached picture photo5796461741146747189.jpg
More photos from previous post:

Attached picture photo5796461741146747187.jpg
Attached picture photo5796461741146747186.jpg
Attached picture photo5796461741146747193.jpg
Attached picture photo5796461741146747192.jpg
Attached picture photo5796461741146747194.jpg
Yes, it does look a bit elongated.
Almost looks like the ring has been re-sized after the ring was made?
Yes it is a bit odd, that's possible.
Good pics esagh, I see it too- on the whole though, a quality reproduction. I do think hapur and evgeniy
Are the leading producers when it comes to these high quality reproductions. I love the 30s style so I am hoping to get an Evgeniy made piece myself at some point. Well done!
Of course! I am very happy to have them!
Evgeniy rings are very high quality too, however I like Hapur rings more, because of the crisp detail and the high density caused from the press method, they are really heavey! :D, Just my personal preference.
Good point Esagh- really neat that he makes his rings like that.
Just another photo, I love to sound made of the impact of these two darlings wink

Attached picture photo5798713540960432719.jpg
Now I'll start work with repro of 41 year type
And now ready skull of this type
For compsrison I show original ring of 41 yera
IMO look perfect )))

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 4723p1.jpg
WOW, that looks very good Evgeniy.
WOW. That is amazing
Very nice!
Now I work with ring of 44 year )))
Getting scary good E, very impressive work
Posted By: Mikee Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/26/2019 10:49 PM
That looks really good!
hi guys
this is my honest opinion with evgeniys skull and workmanship on his copy ss honor rings evgeniys works has progressed to the best copy ss honor rings on the market glad he iproved the skulls can hardly tell differentes in original skulls to this magnificent improved skull seems like evgeniy wins the award in my eyes on these ss honor ring copys god bless all you ring collectors anfy militarynut
Now was mastered hand made ingraving
Plz look whats happen

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That ring is the best reproduction I have ever seen. E, these alone will be desirable collectors pieces if they are not already. Outstanding!! Congratulations!!
hi evgeniy
just loked at your newly engraving on this ring really looks close and the best copy ring availble any where nice nice workmanship congrats 1000 percent i wish you the best you know that meine russian friend thanks for showing us here your best work god bless andy militarynut
as I promiced , here my new repro : ring of 40s years , with skull of style 41 year
ring full scale and have the same dimensions like original
this is test variant , just need understand how it will look and need delete some little mistakes )))

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here prototype of ring

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Beautiful craftsmanship, I want one.
Need wait some time , I'll show finish ring and will more interesting things wink
Amazing, E! Looks about 99% like the original
Nice work Evgeniy! ,, thats right up there as one of the best copies made!!
Thx you to all for good opinions :-)
I try to make everything right and high quality
Very nice indeed
Hello to all :-)

Here some shots of comparison my new repro of 40s years (with skull type 41 year) with original ring of 44 year ;-)
I hope you will be pleasantly surprised of quality :)

Attached picture 1.1.JPG
Attached picture 1.2.JPG
Attached picture 1.3.JPG
Attached picture 1.4.JPG
and more shots
Wait your opinions :)

Attached picture 1.5.JPG
Attached picture 1.6.JPG
Phenomenal
Thx you Mike :) !!!
This is still first (test) copy , but soon will be finish
And sometime I will make skull 44 year, like in this original ring
hi evgenity
this is my honest opinion on your copy ss honor rings in my eyes and my opinion these are the best copys i have ever seen any where and very close to the originals you have come a long way my friend with your rings i would like to personily thank you for your expertise in your work and giving all us guys a look at your expert work at buying these ss honor ring copys from you thanks again and god bless andy militarynut
Hello Endy :-) !
Thx you wery much for this nice words !!!
hi evgenity
your very wellcome when you do fine works it shows and you deserve it thanks aghain god bless andy militarynut
Great job Evgeniy!
Really nice repro! But I think you need to make details sharper to get the best result. Specially the runes.
Posted By: Mikee Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 09/26/2019 01:15 AM
Wow E! Great work. You make by far the best copies.
One more time.......congrats !

Ric
now I finally launched rings of type 1941 year :) !!!

Attached picture ??????.JPG
Attached picture ??????2.JPG
Attached picture ??????3.JPG
two copy 41 and 37 type

Attached picture 71240908_196733021331113_514664324761911296_o.jpg
Hello Evgenij,

is 41 pattern already available for sale ? Is there a chance to get personalized engraving ?

Ric
Hello mate ! :-)
Thx you for your interesting
Yes rings available , just welcome http://totenkopfring.com/order

my email evgeniy.aleshin@gmail.com
alway open :)
I tried to explain and show the differences in the models of rings.

Here I try show differences between early (37 type )rings and later (41 type)

Rings of 40s have more massive band of ring (thick) and big skull

Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Attached picture 4.JPG
Attached picture 7.JPG
E. ,
,, they are looking better and better.!. Have you reproduced other patterns?
Hello Gaspare ! )))
Yes, I planed make copy of 44 year (other type of skull) - if you mean sshr
I meant other military theme types,,,Skulls, WestWalls, DAK, etc.
IMO this enough in internet , I dont wanna 10000001 who make WestWalls and etc ;)
I know that totenkopf like mine quality nobody make and I here first )))
But Im always open to personal orders
Here wedding ring , that was made for my Germany friend, based on the motives SSHR and personal sketches of the customer

Attached picture WhatsApp Image 2019-12-05 at 11.20.25 (1).jpeg
Attached picture WhatsApp Image 2019-12-05 at 11.20.25 (2).jpeg
Attached picture WhatsApp Image 2019-12-05 at 11.20.25 (3).jpeg
Attached picture WhatsApp Image 2019-12-05 at 11.20.25 (6).jpeg

E. ,
, Wow,,those are really nice!! a Heart, Odal rune, a Life rune, Swastika, Hagal rune [?] ,,,,, Correct? ,,any other I'm not seeing?
try one more time :)

Attached picture 9.JPG
Attached picture 10.JPG
Attached picture 11.JPG
Attached picture 12.JPG
and last shot

Attached picture 13.JPG
comparison of original ring 44 and copy

Attached picture 01.JPG
Attached picture 02.JPG
Attached picture 03.JPG
Attached picture 04.JPG
continue ...

Attached picture 05.JPG
Attached picture 06.JPG
Now I restored teeth in skull of 44 year
Imo look like all other skulls of 44 years, this small detail change view

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Attached picture 4.JPG
WOW! Scary good! , Really,, nice work,,top of the line..

Are they centrifugal type mold ? or with a vacuum pull? or?
Really nice! I need one!
Enthusie, Welcome to the forum..

Yes his HRs are some of the best of quality and accuracy out there.. I have met Evgeniy a few years ago and can personally attest to his good honest and professional character.. He's been a member in good standing here on this forum thru thick and thin for many years..

Contact him thru his sites listed and I'm sure you will be happy with his pieces.!.

- * hey if your a ring or 3rd reich jewelry collector we'd all love to see some photos.........[i][/i]
2 Gaspare
hello my friend, my methode - vacuum pull :)
And thx you for ur good words to my works
Best wishes, Evgeny !
Thank you so much for the guidance Gaspare! In fact I am not that new in the forum :), it's been about two years that I am following this thread.
I have two ring from Hapur and have sent their photos in this thread before on page 6, I love the weight and sharpness of the details of Hapur's rings!
Good!. Glad you are still around.. Hapur uses a die and a press. You can see process on his site...

Evgeniy has a cast ring. Detail and depth are good because the mold uses a vacuum to evacuate air from the mold then releases the molten wax in to it which makes it 'fill' much much better.

Does your Hapur ring show any wear to it?
Thank you for the information, I have seen the Hapur's method for making rings, that is really interesting!

Hapur's rings look very brand new and I prefer that, how ever the overall shape of Evgeniy's ring seem to be very accurate, but I wish they looked more brand new, less weary with more crisp details.
Recently I had a guest who bought a famous copy of Meir from Canada, this is the ring that Don Boyle honored with his attention, noting that this is the most accurate copy and very high quality, and now let's compare with what Boyle signed, moreover, the ring, of course, also lost its size in scale compared to the original. It is not clear why Boyle gave them a quality copy certificate, everything looks very bad. Where is his lousy honesty and lack of principle ??? :grin: :crazy:
For comparison I used my copy that I wear everyday and now it ring not so perfect as new )))
IMO dont need trust to any certificates, we are must have open eyes

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Attached picture 4.JPG
They can't be even compared!
E. ,
,,Don every few years says he's seen the best copy HR... He hasn't been right about it in a long time..

I agree, no comparison at all!. That is poor quality, cheaply made, terrible copy.. Yours are even better than the first Japanese made SuperFakes of years ago.
Posted By: ed773 Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/31/2020 12:49 PM
Gentlemen
I have been reading this post for a while now.
I do not know anything about HR's, but know not to buy one now.
Can you tell us the price difference on the above Canadian ring and Evgeny"s ring.
The Canada ring looks real bad, but I do not know how much they sell for, E's ring looks good.
Thanks
Ed
2 Ed
canadians ring 250$
and my in max complictation 7)copy of ss honor rings 1941 and 1944 years type, with any personal engraving - 157$ http://totenkopfring.com/order/
Posted By: ed773 Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 08/01/2020 05:35 PM
Evgeniy
Wow, that is a good looking ring for $157.
Thanks
Ed
I know )))
type 44 year with ready inscription full completed

Attached picture ??????.JPG
So you make a very nice early type pattern,,and a very nice late type pattern....

How about a good photo of them both together,,,just one of each,,together..
Posted By: Mikee Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 09/21/2020 07:46 PM
IMO, E makes the best HRs anywhere!
no problem :-)

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
-
Evgeniy , They look really really nice.. Excellent work...

Maybe Hapur can put up some of his current finished pieces too...,,,or anyone else that makes/sells a reproduction SS Totenkopf Honor Ring,,,all are welcomed to post them here..
As sing in song "With a little help of my friend" , I copied, restored and finished new skull - 1940 year, surname cant show, sorry ...

Attached picture Снимок.JPG
Attached picture 3d0a1c89-c5c1-4645-993d-4a759d7f7187.jpg
Attached picture 0ee29fd1-ce02-4b12-8265-17076ac6e7dc.jpg
Attached picture 7abea901-9def-42fd-8bbf-1a738c7d8b29.jpg
Oh man!! very nice E. Beauty of a copy.. Nice work.!
Posted By: Mikee Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 05/17/2021 02:06 PM
Well done E!
And final editional of Dietrich skull
IMO look the best !

Attached picture 01.JPG
Attached picture 02.JPG
This is the case when I changed myself and copied the skull from the photograph, the skull of 37 years was taken as a basis and since the skulls of the 30s are very similar, I simply corrected it from the photograph
So cool! How much does this cost?
all prices in my site for Dietrich skull + 10$ to price like for ring of 37 type
one more example of Dietrich's skull

Attached picture 225977662_563979661273112_7597819327845077442_n.jpg
E. , your rings are way better than the Canadian copies.. And the Dietrich is the absolute best...

Don says whos the best copy by how much they 'donate' to him.. Over the years I've seen him endorse at least 4 other HRs! I don't have Dons name or long time experience but can say your HRs are the best out there and everyone who has one seems to agree! Nice work old friend..............
Thx you my friend !!!

Here all models that I producing

Attached picture 20210605_103249.jpg
I definitely want a 41 version!
example of 37 year type ring with cubic zirconia - red and green

Attached picture 1!!!!!!!!!.JPG
Attached picture Снимок0.JPG
Here I show further operations for the production of the ring.

Posted By: Dave Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 04/09/2022 09:43 PM
That tape will not play here. You must go to you tube
yes, was made mistake, will try one more time
I try insert to Media teg (youtube) , problem in this site, dont work this function (((

the members would love to see it... Maybe just a link to the you tube[?]
Posted By: Vern Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 04/10/2022 12:09 PM
It's not the site. That video is age restricted by YouTube and you need to be logged into YouTube to view it. Click "Watch on YouTube" and it should run for you.
Posted By: ed773 Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 04/10/2022 12:42 PM
I tried to watch, needed Google account??, just typed in German Honor Ring, and found the vidio of the tree wax mold system.
Short one, not sure if it is the same one though.
Posted By: Vern Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 04/10/2022 01:36 PM
No, that is a different video. You need to log into YouTube to watch this video because it is age restricted. You can use a Google, Facebook, or Twitter login on YouTube.
I fixed problem, hope now availabe for all )))
Posted By: Vern Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 04/10/2022 06:40 PM
That did it . Thanks wink
Evgeniy,,, Thanks so much..

Do you use multiple contractors? , Whoever is doing this,,,does he also do the engraving?, and the investment cast itself?
Yes- use multiple contractors: die cast make one firm and all other is done by another company(2 jewelry masters)
Many years ago I took a very small , local, jewelry making class... It was very short, not very good, but showed me how really hard each step is.. Especially for those who do it start to finish..

Many do the whole process as you do Evgeniy. Find the very best specialist / master for each part.. Great way to do it. Can sometimes be expensive, but the pieces do come out great!!

- Is it possible to show us the investment cast process?
Are there any shipping/payment problems with all that is going on lately ?
About shipping no problem (just mailings are closed only with Sweden and Australia, as I know - this is their initiative), about payment available only bank transfer
I receive orders and send, people continue to receive my packages
Yes, I too have video of cast
Excellent!! the ultrasonic bath is a good cleaning procedure.. The whole process [cast] is complicated and long start to finish but makes a great copy... Thanks much!
That's a cool video. Are there any known SS rings that had jewels in the eyes?
yes it was, but it was done unofficially, by the owner of the ring, for example rubins

Attached picture ring (Custom).JPG
Does anyone know what original skulls looked like on the backside before mounting?
Of course, everything is very simple, just a flat area
A flat platform was made on the ring and the back side of the skull was also
There could not be anything else, and then the skull was soldered
Hi Evgeniy, I just joined yesterday. I just purchased two HRs from Hapur. I’m interested in purchasing a couple from you.
I tried clicking on your profile to send you a PM but for some reason it won’t let me.

I found this forum while doing research on an HR that a co-worker gave me. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a fake, and not a good one at that.
I’ve attached some pics of it.

Attached picture 70AC46D8-1460-4D8F-B46E-E9994702C68E.jpeg
Attached picture 4D085294-E085-4B6A-856F-BE27007B0017.jpeg
Attached picture 62838CCB-7D94-42B5-8A9B-A7C24FD0AF88.jpeg
Attached picture A1D3B93F-0F2D-4BF7-B87D-721193F08601.jpeg
Attached picture A5B9074E-D035-458B-82BA-06EC570846EF.jpeg
b2l ,,, Welcome to the forum.. Yes Hapur does make a very nice copy too!. His beliefs are a bit different,, if you check out his website his are made in a period press with a die!

Evgeniy uses the '[lost wax method'] or 'Investment Cast'. And there are many ways to accomplish that. One at a time,,many [on a tree], , centrifugal,, pressure,, vacuum assist!. What ever,, his are also very very nice copys. There is no doubt in my mind that if he was making these as he does now 20 years ao they would all pass for authentic!!

You already have a couple of Hapurs,,sure why not treat yourself to a couple of Evgeniys.... Keep trying , you'll get him ,,try

https://totenkopfring.com/
https://www.facebook.com/evgeny.aleshin.946
https://mewe.com/join/sshonorring

- also click on his name and you can try a Private Message etc.

[ that is a ugly copu you got there!]
Thanks for the response. I actually just recently ordered two rings from Hapur and just yesterday ordered two from Evegney.
Hello my friend Gaspare!!!
Thx you for explain for our new member born2lift basic info !!! )))
I just today sew his messages, yes possible contact with me from my site or email evgeniy.aleshin@gmail.com
I dont present here everyday ... better hold contact with me in email smile

Best wishes, Evgeny !
Received my rings from hapur. The skull is kind of flat and the triangles look to be too close to the skull.

Attached picture 4A99FEA8-18E0-4AEC-99AB-B7C4FF445A4F.jpeg
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/05/2022 01:30 PM
Hi to all!

I’m new here, so let me present to you…

I’m from Italy and 8 years ago I bought the Antonio Scapini book with an Italian made ring copy in 925 silver:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

After 8 years of wearing, the ring looks like new but now it’s too small for me, so I ordered another one in bigger size from the same site. What I received it’s uncommentable, ahahahah:

Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/05/2022 01:31 PM

So, I sent the comparison to the vendor asking for a replacement and finally I received a nicer ring, specially made for me:

But after this experience I started to search for a better quality copy and I found Evgeniy, initially I was a bit afraid to order from Russia because the actual situation, in fact the first attempt to send money to him with online bank transfer was a failure, the second attempt going physically to my bank gone fine.

Evgeniy starts to work and later sent me some pics of the finished ring: it’s a beauty!

The first attempt to receive the ring was a failure: the Russian customs sent it back to Evgeniy without any explaination. The second attempt gone fine and this is a comparison with my new Italian made ring and my new Evgeniy ring!

Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/05/2022 01:32 PM

I have a Russian friend, so in the future when he or his parents will go to Russia, I will ask to grab another ring for me without need to order from Italy again…
Posted By: Dave Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/05/2022 02:34 PM
Great photos - thank you.

Your new Evgeniy ring looks very good, Simone.

Dave
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/05/2022 04:14 PM
Thanks!
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/27/2022 05:02 PM
Simone (or anyone else) what size ring is that and what finger do you wear it on?

I wear mine as Himmler intended and I'm a size 9, but I'm also 6'2". Along with Evgeniy's repros, I've seen some BIG actual honor rings...makes me wonder what kind of sausage fingers some of the SS were sporting!
restored skull from original ring of 40 year

Attached picture 01.JPG
Attached picture Anello SS 1.jpg
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/28/2022 02:16 PM
That's what I'm talking about, look that thing, it's a big boy! Unless they are a giant, there's no way someone is wearing that on their ring finger.
Posted By: ed773 Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/28/2022 05:02 PM
Just beautiful work, amazing.
Ed
I’m still waiting for my Evgeniy honor ring. It’s been processing in US Customs since June 23rd 😞
If the situation does not change by the end of September, I will make a new ring for you as part of the ring insurance obligation.
One of my acquaintances will fly to the states at the end of September and send you a ring already there ... I think this is the situation with your customs - "friendly" attitude towards ordinary Russians and I think they deliberately threw my package into the far corner
I’d really appreciate that. The order was for two rings. One for me and one for my wife. My name is Brent Nelson.
,,,, Everyone having the same problems. The mail hasn't been right since covid.

A month really isn't that bad.. With the tracking number they should be able to tell you exactly where it is and approximate when your getting it...

I had a month wait from Canada and I'm in NY!!!! The rings are excellent,,it will be worth the wait!
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/29/2022 08:42 PM
@ ABTmRw

Sorry, I read only now your question

I ordered a 13 size (22,2 mm) that’s perfect for my finger ring

I wear it on the right with the skull not facing me, for personal reasons

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: ed773 Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/29/2022 10:03 PM
I like the P-08
Ed
2Gaspare
Are you saying covid is the problem? It seems that all restrictions have been lifted a long time ago or do they remain in your country?
Posted By: ed773 Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/30/2022 01:06 PM
Things here in the US are very different now, than before covid.
I now live in Missouri. Seems when I buy something from New York or New Jersey, it will take 10 0r 11 days for the USPS money order to get there.
But I receive the package back in 6 or 7 days. Same thing to the North West also.
Many businesses here are still using Covid and Truck drivers excuses for there lack of interest in doing there jobs. The NEW USA.
Ed
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/30/2022 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Simone
@ ABTmRw

I ordered a 13 size (22,2 mm) that’s perfect for my finger ring

I wear it on the right with the skull not facing me, for personal reasons

Thanks for the info. I guess you have large fingers. Otherwise, even modern science agrees with the Nazis: being overweight is not good for you! No ill will of course.

And like ed773 says, that is a nice luger.
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 07/31/2022 11:46 AM
I have a friend that’s a very big guy, the 13 size it’s also too small for him
E. , The U.S. Postal system went thru a lot of changes.. Even within country you can not get guaranteed Priority 2nd day mail.... IF, if its pretty close to your state yes. But from NY to CA they can no longer guarantee it will be 2nd day!..... And Customs is its own entity . Both organizations are short handed,,,seems no one wants to be a mailman any longer..
With a new administration in a few years things will probably get a bit better..... - But as long as your customer has their tracking number it will tell them exactly where the package is... One time I waited a month and when I checked where it was it was 5 miles away from me. I took a 3 min drive and picked it up instead of waiting for it to be re routed to my post office!. Have patience guys...
Many if not most post offices are under staffed, not unusual to have only 1 teller serving dozens of people languishing in line, also they don't deliver every day, sometimes twice a week and this in a large metropolitan suburb.
Seemed to have started with covid and this is a lingering effect, just like supply chain issues, inflation and everything else.

Ordered a guitar from France and I was prepared to wait months for it, to my surprise I had it in less than a week from DHL, though I was rudely surprised with a $135 import fee.
Was made copy of engraving from Karl Wolff ring
IMO look very good

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-08-14 203308.jpg
WoW!! , that came out very good.

I would say you as of now you probably have the best copy in the marketplace ! .
Posted By: Mikee Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 08/15/2022 07:24 PM
E,

You are definitely perfecting your art. I agree with G you do have the best ring out there. Good job!
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 08/18/2022 12:27 AM
I’m absolutely in love with my ring, I wear it everyday and I can’t stop to watch it every couple of minutes ahahahah now it starts to get some patina and the inner layer it’s a bit worn

When I can afford it, I will buy the others too!

Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 08/18/2022 12:32 AM
I also talked with Hapur for an order of some personalised rings for my group of friends, so I will able to get some pics of both!
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 08/18/2022 04:32 AM
I’m absolutely in love with my ring, I wear it everyday...

Same here, same here...

Not to be a shill for Evgeniy, but I have no doubt in my mind these rings will become much more valuable down the years, especially when Eugene stops making them (which will hopefully not be for a while smile ). After all, they are better than Piechl's reproductions. Get'em while you can people...

I have been meaning to ask, does anyone have any info on the Japanese reproductions mentioned in Gottlieb's book? I haven't been able to find any information on them online.

Attached picture totenkopf.jpg
Es rings are so good that I think one day in the future when these HRs display honest wear and tear and all of us have gone to our rewards that these will be looked upon as authentic!

There used to be a lot of info here on the Japanese reproductions. We had a member from Japan that claimed to be making them and even had a website.. - It was pretty much those rings we started using the term SuperFakes.....

Years ago there was a problem and we lost many back pages . You might get lucky though with a few searches and a old topic about them show up..
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 08/19/2022 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by Gaspare
Years ago there was a problem and we lost many back pages . You might get lucky though with a few searches and a old topic about them show up..

I tried searching, but couldn't find a topic dedicated to these repros, only mentions of them.
I finished reconstructing the skull from my original 1938 ring and made a copy of it. A lot of time was spent on clarifying the lost details, as well as understanding that the wear also touched the chin of the skull and the chin was a little worn, perhaps the owner wore another ring, which was erased.
I was looking for a similar skull for a long time in order to make a reconstruction, finally such a copy was found, and although it was a ring dated 1940, I sometimes meet such inconsistencies, most likely there was a good blank that was used to make the ring in 1940, all these divisions for a year is a pure convention, but it’s more convenient for me to explain the situation. And although we know that no two skulls are the same (because they were subjected to a very large manual refinement), nevertheless, I rocked a skull that would be as close as possible to the skull from my 1938 ring, in the end I found it and made a reconstruction. But I tried to show everything in the photo, as well as to present the skulls from the rings of 1938, they all have a similar type, as you can see, but of course this is not the law, there are rings of 1938 with skulls of the type 33-37.
From the remaining traces of cut teeth, I found out (in one of the photos I schematically showed their location) that there were 5 teeth in a row.

Attached picture 01.JPG
Attached picture 1Z-p2PG1Vpw.jpg
Attached picture 02.jpg
Attached picture U4w1gYhJtAM.jpg
and some shots to text...
This type of skull, it seems to me, was a search for a new design, which also continued in 1939

Attached picture IMG_4712.jpg
Attached picture geIaPdoX8cM.jpg
[that original 40 is a small size!]

Very interesting to see the different wear on the 38s.. With some rings of 38 that you mentioned with the early skulls it is probably just Gahr not wanting to waste and using a skull from a prior batch.

- Your restored copy came out magnificent! I congratulate you and your hard work and thanks for posting here for the members to see....
Fantastic craftsmanship, Evgeniy. Thanks for posting.
Stephen
Yes my friend, I think Gahr was thrifty and put everything into action
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 11/13/2022 12:46 AM
If anyone is interested, I have a new type 41 SS Honor Ring reproduction with green gems for eyes from Evgeniy in size 9.5 I would not mind parting with. Nothing wrong with; I bought it in case I wanted to gift it to someone, but I decided I would rather not sit on it for who knows how long. The interior inscription reads "S.lb. Walter 21.12.41 H.Himmler".

I figured I would post this here since Eugene's rings might be hard to come by right now for fans due to the sanctions against Russia. I am located in the US and will take $300 shipped for it.

Attached picture 1.jpg
Posted By: hapur Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 11/30/2022 11:04 AM
Long time since I was here last time. Finally had a little free time to make some new dies.

Attached picture 20221130_121722.jpg
Attached picture 20221130_121748.jpg
Good to see you Hap!!

- Yes, That is a real fine couple rings you made there!
I present a copy of the Sepp Dietrich ring itself, I repeated the smallest details and curves of the ornaments, it is unlikely that the current owner will allow this ring to be copied ever, so this is the most accurate copy that can be made.
The ring was made from photographs, based on a copy of the ring of 37, the skull from this ring was also copied.
On the original, the teeth were almost erased, I decided to make them more detailed, but I didn’t fix all the other nuances, such as a chip on the tooth, and a dent under the eye

Attached picture 000.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot 2023-01-04 225817.jpg
-
- E. , All from photographs !! Yeah it came out magnificent!. One of the best reproductions out there offered for sale!

* Evgeniy,,, I congratulate you on all your hard work . It really shows,,,it is a work of art,,,,thanks for showing us!,,,

- A Happy Peaceful New Year to you..., Gaspare
Thx you my friend and best wishes to you smile
P.S. A copy from the original ring of 1937 was taken as a basis, and the entire ornament of the ring was edited, because rings in size (height, thickness, etc.) were the same for the rings of the 30s, then the dimensions of this copy of the Dietrich ring correspond to the original as much as possible.
Posted By: Mikee Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 01/05/2023 04:53 PM
E,

Awesome job, you make the best rings out there!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 04/06/2023 05:52 AM
I’m absolutely in love with my ring, I wear it everyday and I can’t stop to watch it every couple of minutes ahahahah now it starts to get some patina and the inner layer it’s a bit worn

When I can afford it, I will buy the others too!

can you whole 3d digital design of it
silver ring with gold 14k skull (type 37), looks unusually ))

Attached picture 01.jpg
Attached picture 02.jpg
Attached picture 03.jpg
That,,,,,,,IS cool looking!!
Mix ring with a golden skull and a shank from a ring of the 1930s. smile The photo below shows the original ring, from which the skull type 40 was copied, which is why I called it type 40, because the date of delivery on the ring is 20.4.40. This copy was kindly allowed to be made by my friend, for which I thank him!!!
The skull turned out very well.
I think you see everything in the photo.

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-09-05 130909.jpg
yeah,, nice work.. Thats a beauty!!
I finished restoring my 1936 ring and made a replica of the skull and the ring itself.
You can compare the accuracy of detail repetition in comparative photos.
Separately, I would like to dwell on the skull: perhaps some may think that the skull is different from the original, but there are important details here.
The brow ridges were restored, the contours of which remained on the original ring, the nose hole looks larger, but when taking a very close-up photo, exactly the same contours remained on the original, it’s just that the blackening remained only in a small depression and therefore the nose hole does not look big on the original.
The eyes are also large, I analyzed a photo of another original skull from 1936 in very good condition and noticed that the eye sockets had a cone-shaped cutout, i.e. there is a wider radius on the outside and a narrower radius on the inside.
This is why the eye sockets on the original skull are so small, because the brow ridges were erased (worn out) and the diameter of the eye sockets decreased, I also made the eye sockets widen and if you erase the brow ridges on my copy, there will also be small eye sockets there.

Attached picture 00.jpg
Attached picture 02.jpg
Attached picture 03.jpg
This effect of the eye sockets on the cone can also be seen in the Sepp Dietrich ring - there are also very wide eye sockets, gradually becoming smaller.
And also a protruding strip under the lower teeth - on the lower jaw.
I think the restoration turned out very well.
P.S. some white points not deffects just crumbling blackening ))

To be continue ...

Attached picture 04.jpg
Attached picture 05.jpg
Attached picture 06.jpg
I decided to conduct an experiment and accelerated the mechanical wear of skull 36, as I already wrote, if it wears out like the original skull, it will look the same 😁
The eye socket and nose hole are small, like in the original ring)))

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-09-27 114754.jpg
With so much confusing info on the HR,,, and the latest book was a low print run and not promoted correctly I still say,,,,,,,, one day E. when me and you are long gone some of your HRs will be thought of as originals! wink grin [they lookin good!]
Posted By: ABTmRw Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 10/04/2023 07:36 AM
It's difficult to be be number one in anything in the world, but you've certainly done it: number one in SS Honor Ring reproductions. Superb work, Eugene!
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/12/2023 04:10 AM
Hi!

I ordered 6 rings from Hapur for me and my friends with a personalised engraving.

In this case I choose Hapur ‘cause we don’t need a perfect copy of a Totenkopfring, but a good Totenkopfring repro to personalise and wear, at a very affordable price.

So, finally they are arrived!

Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/12/2023 04:27 AM
Since I have a Totenkopfring by Evgeniy too, I hope you will appreciate a comparison.

Hapur’s ring always on top or right in the pics, Evgeniy’s ring always on bottom or left.

Here we go!

Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/12/2023 04:42 AM
The weight is the same:

Evgeniy’s ring is a perfect 1:1 copy from an original Totenkopfring, the finish is great and the black is deep. The silver tone is shiny.

Hapur’s ring is a very well handmade ring that reproduce in a good way a Totenkopfring without copying it 1:1. The finish is good but the black is more greyish. The silver tone is darker, aged like.

Choosing between them it’s a simple matter of taste!
I cannot agree that just a matter of taste ...
Crooked runes of sigs, large b -saggels, as in general, the ring itself, ugly skull.
As I wrote earlier, this ring is not a copy, but made based on Totenkopf, all the details are far from the original, this can be seen even in this comparative photo.
And my rings are copied from the original rings (except Zepp Dietrich) and have a scale (height, width and thickness) like the original

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-12-12 082936.jpg
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 12/12/2023 11:05 AM
Hi Evgeniy!

I mean that not all people are interested in buy an “expensive” ring (I know that your rings are the best and not overpriced!) and prefer buy a cheaper one and happy with it…

I said that choosing one or other is simply a matter of taste ‘cause not all have the same needs

So, I think that your rings are the best 1:1 copies but an Hapur’s ring it’s good for who simply wants a “Totenkopfring like ring” handmade and with a good quality (I doubt that exist better Totenkopfrings in quality for that price…)

My english is bad and I cannot explain better what I mean grin
Wow, yes, I see you Simon, of course you right smile !
I agree... Haps ring is a good copy. Also good for guys that just want wear a 'Skull ring'......

- Evgeniy's ring is a near mint copy of an authentic Honor ring.. It's art work.. They are looking real nice Evgeniy!
They look fantastic, can we see more pix?
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/28/2024 08:20 PM
Another three totenkopfrings for friends and an antipartisan ring for me, by Hapur

Very nice. But the anti-partisan is a fake. A fantasy ring. Never existed in the Third Reich. Check out the Fantasy Rings thread above.
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/28/2024 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Stephen
Very nice. But the anti-partisan is a fake. A fantasy ring. Never existed in the Third Reich. Check out the Fantasy Rings thread above.

I know, but I bought it because I’m a fan of the antipartisan badge
-

-- yeah its a real nice wearer!!

He should make a cut out version. Just the sword and snakes, wreath, no background... I'm pretty sure he'd do it if someone asked...

Check out his site,,he has some other nice wearers. On his site check out 'Shop'.. Many nice pieces some with real hot enamel, a lot of time and workmanship!:

www.totenkopfrings.com

- * Hapur is a skilled jeweler.!
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/29/2024 07:02 AM
-

-- yeah its a real nice wearer!!

He should make a cut out version. Just the sword and snakes, wreath, no background... I'm pretty sure he'd do it if someone asked...

Check out his site,,he has some other nice wearers. On his site check out 'Shop'.. Many nice pieces some with real hot enamel, a lot of time and workmanship!:

www.totenkopfrings.com

- * Hapur is a skilled jeweler.!

I saw the “cut out version” on other sites, but I don’t like it so much:

Yes, I know Hapur’s site and I checked it before to choose the ring, they are all “fantasy rings” I think, so I simply choose what I like more and so… the antipartisan badge-repro ring!

I noticed that in confrontation with the previous batch of rings, these are less blackened and more on the shine side, I will post more pics
fantasy trash
Evgeniy,, He was just getting a ring for his daily wearer. Look at my skull ring on left. A fantasy,, I just like to wear it once in a while..

Yes, don't like that APB ring either,,poor detail , over polished....

Anyone else wear a real or fantasy skull or other type WWII ring for their wearer?

Attached picture Me (1)2.jpg
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/29/2024 11:27 PM
Evgeniy,, He was just getting a ring for his daily wearer. Look at my skull ring on left. A fantasy,, I just like to wear it once in a while..

Yes, don't like that APB ring either,,poor detail , over polished....

Anyone else wear a real or fantasy skull or other type WWII ring for their wearer?

The one that I posted with the cut-out design is from another site and isn’t made by Hapur… and that is trashy

But the one made by Hapur I think is very good detailed, it’s not a 1:1 repro of any real version of Anti-partisan Badge but all the elements are represented in a good way

I will post more pics when the light will be better…
I will post more pics when the light will be better…

Simone, can I suggest that you please start a new thread for this? The current thread is on reproduction SSHRs. It’s better if we can stay on-topic. Thanks.
Stephen

P.s. There’s another recent post on fantasy anti-partisan rings. Here’s a link:
https://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=360371#Post360371
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 03/30/2024 08:08 AM
Ok thanks!
Posted By: Simone Re: Personalized reproduction honor ring source? - 04/01/2024 07:50 AM
Here the confrontation between the previous “more blackened” rings and the new “more shiny” rings

And here with Evgeniy ring

The HR at bottom is a great copy of an original.... For a wearer it doesn't really matter that much..You could wear the die pressed or the cast..
copy of 44 year with cibic of zirconia

Attached picture photo_2024-04-13_09-02-22 (2).jpg
-
* Nice work Evgeniy! . The stones are set in very good.. Looks great!
© Your new forums