UBB.threads
I went to my local flea market today looking for American militaria and came back with these two rings. The guy I got them from is a jeweler who I buy antique jewelry from. The two rings were in a batch of 7 rings which came from the same house. All the rings were old silver rings dating to the 30s and 40s. He said that the son of the vet sold them to him and that his father brought all of them back from the war. I will probably go back for the others. The square DAK ring is a size 12 and the other a size 10. Both are silver with gold caps.Anyone have any theater made rings they can show that are similar to these? Thanks

Attached picture P1080152.JPG
Attached picture P1080151.JPG
Attached picture P1080150.JPG
Attached picture P1080143.JPG
Attached picture P1080142.JPG
Attached picture P1080141.JPG
AdditionaL Pic

Attached picture P1080155.JPG
Johnny. You would get more replies if you posted this in the honor ring forum!
Rod
Ok,

I'll try that. Thanks--John
I can attempt to move this topic to the ring forum if you wish.

--dj--Joe
They look on the first view as the typical northern african hand engravings and no red flaggs for me.
Any hallmarks there?
2 piece rings with seperate plate?
Thanks for the move Joe!

There was a duplicate topic I posted in but will repost here and delete the other:

1st. ring is what some might call a standard DAK ring. Appears to be in good condition. Is there any stamps in the band?

2nd, an oval version. Def. not standard.. Rarely do you see an oval. From the photos it too appears period..Same question,,any stamps,,is there a sizing seam to the rear of the band?
Hi, Thanks for the input. The oval one has some type of stamping on the band as pictured, I could not see a seam. The square one I could not find a marking, but has a sizing seam to the band. Both are two piece rings

Attached picture P1080183.JPG
Attached picture P1080184.JPG
Could be the tunesian hallmark:

Attached picture images82PN9TTO.jpg
© Your new forums