UBB.threads
Posted By: SCWood Boker RAD questions? - 02/13/2008 11:49 PM
Hello everyone. My first post to this forum. I have a aquired a Boker RAD and have a few questions. Is Boker one of the rarer makers? This one has no blade inscription..is that unusual or unheard of. I have been through LTC Johnson's books and haven't found anything quite like it.
There is some minor wear around the top scabbard fitting as if it was once on a hanger. Also a little minor wear on the bottom scabbard fitting as if it had rubbed against a uniform. The top scabbard fitting has a provision for only one screw. I'm guessing this might be a peculiar Boker feature. Any information you could provide would be appreciated. Thank you.
SCWood

Attached picture RAD02.JPG
Posted By: SCWood Re: Boker RAD questions? - 02/13/2008 11:52 PM
Another picture....

Attached picture RAD01.JPG
Posted By: SCWood Re: Boker RAD questions? - 02/13/2008 11:53 PM
Yet another picture...

Attached picture Rad03.JPG
Posted By: SCWood Re: Boker RAD questions? - 02/13/2008 11:54 PM
the last picture...

Attached picture Rad04.JPG
Posted By: 777 Re: Boker RAD questions? - 02/21/2008 10:43 PM
Strange, my RAD Boker has "Arbeit adelt" on its place. Never seen RAD without inscription. Confused
Posted By: SCWood Re: Boker RAD questions? - 03/04/2008 11:43 PM
Thank you for your reply! Have attached a photo showing where the blade inscription should be.

Attached picture RAD5.JPG
Posted By: SCWood Re: Boker RAD questions? - 03/04/2008 11:47 PM
This is a photo of the upper fitting..The inside of the scabbard has the holes for the usual two screws. This upper fitting is secured by only one screw. This screw is lower on the scabbard fitting than usual. I am guessing this was maybe just a Boker manufacturing difference. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attached picture RAD6.JPG
© Your new forums